1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Anyone Else Losing Some Interest in the NFL?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steelers89, Sep 1, 2018.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't think kneeling during the Anthem is a molehill.

I don't think clothing that portrays cops as pigs is a molehill.

I don't think wearing a t-shirt which depicts a bloody communist leader meeting with a civil rights icon who promoted violence as an acceptable form of protest is a molehill.

If you do then we disagree in the strongest possible terms.

Maybe you're right, maybe he is a role model and that's what the problem is. He's flipped the bird to the very country that's given him the opportunity to earn millions based on his athleticism.

Anyway, I'm sorry I've even gotten involved in this idiotic conversation. As I mentioned earlier, I come to this board and to the NFL to escape this kind of friggin' political discourse. And the reason we even have these kinds of discussions on a STEELERS MESSAGE BOARD is because of a grandstanding idiot by the name of Colin Kaepernick who had a white middle class upbringing and who decided since he wasn't getting enough attention as a quarterback that he'd become a social justice warrior for the black community.

Sorry I got suckered in to a stupid political debate on a board that I really enjoy. Time for a break.

Enjoy the season!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Bitching about someone exercising a constitutional right is most definitely making a mountain of a molehill.

Again nothing more than pseudo outrage on your part about ****ing socks. I can pretty much guarantee you have made derogatory comments about policemen. Whether it’s calling them a pig or some other ****. I’m sure you can figure out what that makes you.

Again you’re commenting on a subject you know very little about.

We are not for violence in any shape or form, but believe that the people who have violence committed against them should be able to defend themselves. By what they are doing to me they arouse me to violence. People should only be non-violent as long as they are dealing with a non-violent person. Intelligence demands the return of violence with violence.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  3. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Love the way those with a liberal slant like to argue. They'll either label you with the suffix "ist" or "phobe" or they will tell you that you don't have a right to comment because you "know very little about the subject" being discussed. Had Kap gone to Cuba to protest during the Castro regime he'd have discovered how precious his Constitutional rights in this country are. But he does have the right to protest and I have the right to be infuriated by it. And nobody in their right minds supports violence being perpetrated against anyone so don't even go there. If a bad cop does a bad thing they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and face the appropriate punishment. If they aren't, I'll protest with you!

My dad was a WW2 Navy vet.

My brother served during Vietnam.

My brother is a cop.

My nephew is a cop.

They've both nearly been killed in the line of duty.

This is personal to me and to a lot of Americans.

I'm done. If I wanted to discuss politics I'd join a political message board. It's my own dang fault. But the reason these kinds of discussions are invading sports talk is because of misguided idiots like Kaepernick and his chronies who love to grandstand and disrespect those who sacrificed to give them that right.

4. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I didn’t label you as anything. Nice try though. Nor did I say you don’t have the right to comment. Again, nice try. Also, please don’t assumptions. You know nothing about me or my politics. You’re making an assumption because I believe in the constitution and the rights granted within. Very few people seem to grasp what constitional rights mean. They stand by it when they agree, but get all outraged when they don’t. It doesn’t work that way.

You say you’ll protest, but policemen aren’t prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law quite frequently. Yet, you’re outraged by a man protesting that exact thing.
    Please send my sincerest thanks to your father, nephew, and brother. By the way their service has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Do you know why kap went from sitting to kneeling? Why are you so obsessed with Cuba? You’re creating a link that doesn’t exist.

5. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Have a good day, strummer. Like I said, I come here for an escape from political crap and I get suckered into a debate. Mostly my fault. I'm not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine. It's a shame that a minority of these players have chosen to politicize a game that I (used to) love. They have a right to protest but they chose the wrong venue and I think most fans agree with that. Keep loving on your boy, Kap (who's really the one obsessing over Cuba BTW). He needs it.

6. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

So it’s okay for them to protest as long as it’s a venue that you approve of. You realize that’s not how the constitution works right? Oh wait! You don’t, hence your comment.

Ps you’re the one that keeps bringing up Cuba. You’re using a T-shirt as an attempt to deflect.

7. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    It's my constitutional right to disapprove.You know that, right? It's also my constitutional right not to partake in any product where something I disapprove of is on display. Capitalism is great, huh?! Does that strike a nerve with you as well? I've got a feeling it might.

8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Holy strawman Batman! Strike a nerve with me? Lol. You’re over there all butthurt with your panties in a wad over T-shirt’s and socks. But, you think something has struck a nerve?:lolol::roflmao::lolol::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What have you done? I don't agree with a lot of Kap actions, but he has given his money to help out others.

10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I can answer that for him. He hasn’t done a mother lovin thing other than ***** about kap, liberals, fake news the usual talking points. They’ve all become the Caucasian version of the race card.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    It's really nobody's business what I've done or haven't done and that's not important here. Kap has a platform and can make a difference in relationships between the black community and law enforcement and I don’t. Unfortunately he’s chosen to disrespect our military and call police officers pigs.

12. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    No you can’t answer for me you flippin’ self righteous idiot. You don’t know anything about me. Speak for yourself, strummerboy, and I’ll speak for myself.

13. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I guess you're right in one sense...self-promoting, communist loving, violence endorsing, military hating, cop killing, thug wannabes do strike a nerve with me!

14. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    @steelersrule6

None of your business is pre k code for nothing, zero, zilch,nyet,nada ...

How do you not have a platform? I thought two of your family members were policemen. I’m certain they have programs and accept civilian volunteers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Your omniscience amazes me. :facepalm:

Anyway, hard to do much when you don't have a platform. Kap has a platform and has abused it. IMHO

16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

You do have a platform. You have two family members on the police force. There are also orginazations like big brother etc where you could actually attempt to make a change. However, you choose not to do anything.

17. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Again, you don't know what I do and what I don't do and frankly it's none of your business and I don't feel the need to share with you. Enjoy the season and keep loving on Kap. :thumbs_up:

18. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Actually I do know that you don’t do anything. You admitted to it in a previous post. Since you missed it here it is “Anyway, hard to do much when you don’t have a platform.”:thumbs_up:

19. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll put my history of community service up against yours any day. Have you ever volunteered at a food pantry? Have you ever bought and delivered baby beds, car seats and diapers to impoverished expectant mothers? Have you ever volunteered at an agency that provides services to abused and neglected children? Have you ever provided backpacks full of school supplies to kids at the beginning of the school year? Have you ever volunteered for an agency that provides dictionaries to 8th graders in a poor school district? Have you ever volunteered for an elementary reading campaign? Have you ever volunteered in a youth sports league? Have you ever served on community healthcare boards? Have you ever volunteered on the board of a rescue squad that serves an economically distressed community? Have you ever served on a BOG and a foundation board for an HBCU (Historically Black College or University)? Have you ever even bought food for a total stranger that you encountered on the street?

Shall I go on and believe me I can if you'd like? But you got me on one thing. I haven't had the occasion to try to build bridges between cops and the black community. But who knows, maybe one day? Good day!

20. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Kap has a platform down at the unemployment line last I checked.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Kapperdicks can go f**k himself. Sacrifice everything?!?!?! WTF a$$hole. Have you even considered that you are no longer a good enough football player to make an NFL roster. Instead of blaming the league for you supposedly "sacrificing" your NFL career, how about you wake up and smell the proverbial coffee, you self-important egotistical douche, and own up to the fact that you aren't capable of being even a 3rd string QB in the NFL. Quit blaming others and look in the damn mirror.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed! I get what Nike was going for, they've always been a bit controversial but, they missed on this one big time! It's worded poorly, just look at all the memes it's generated. I look at the wording in that ad and can't help but think about Pat Tillman. THERE'S a guy who sacrificed everything.
    Krapyerdick could be backing up Flacco right now, if his girlfriend had kept her big mouth shut!

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    No doubt. It was calculated by Nike. They just got a year's worth of free advertising from this garbage. If Krappydick wants to put his money where his mouth is, then he should enlist and stand post in some foreign sh!thole on the other side of the globe. Maybe then he'll understand sacrifice. What a putz.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I sure am. I think it's a combination of aging, terrible penalty calling by refs and Mr. Tomlin letting the highly paid players too much leeway. All that clapping he does is not getting the job done.

25. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'm with you, except anthem protests don't even factor in for me. I just have more and more trouble getting into a game that is constantly stopped by officials to review stuff. If I had one wish for the NFL, I'd wish replay never became a thing!