1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dobbs and Landry may both be on the trade block

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Aug 30, 2018.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    He is a rocket scientist after all so he must be damn smart. For him I would think learning formations, playbooks and such would be a breeze.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    I tend not to be risk adverse. I would try to trade Jones and keep Dobbs and Rudolph. Both are talented and smart. Dobbs probably more so based on his degree and I noticed in the video the list of classes he had taken. At least three were honors classes which to me means he excelled grade-wise. Rudolph majored in marketing, not exactly Aerospace Engineering but certainly not sociology, basket weaving, or other cake majors with imaginary exams.

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Jones is gone after this year. The choice should be clear. Unless somebody ponies up a 3rd round pick for Dobbs, I'd keep him and Rudolph and cut Jones. That gives the Steelers more variety in the quarterback room which is a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I got news for everybody: Unless a team gets hit by QB injuries hard, NO ONE will trade a cup of warm spit for Landry.

5. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Jones is FA after this year. Doesn't mean he is gone. Steelers may well make him an offer next year - all depends on Ben.
    Another item of note that I read in a Dale Lolley article on DK - Jones is expected to help tutor Rudolf.
    Not saying I endorse or back these points, just sharing information.

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Jones tutor Rudolph? Is he going to teach him how to be average at best?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Isn't this why we have coaches? What are we paying them for?

8. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    of course, but coaches can't be everywhere and see everything. Never doubt the lessons taught from veteran peers. One of the reasons the Steelers are successful year in and year out is the vets willing to bring along the younger guys. Successful organizations do this. But, its academic now since Jones did, indeed, get cut. Which is fine by me - I have said from the git go I prefer Dobbs and Rudolph.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I can think of ONE leader on this whole team and he plays defense.