1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gregg Lloyd arrested.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerJJ, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
  2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    No, it's called history with many episodes where former NFL players have shown to have issues related to it. While there's no proof with Lloyd, that's where my money would be

3. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    We just don't know, but not every violent act by NFL players is CTE related - especially when it comes to animals like Lloyd. Guys like him are just a tad more aggressive than the average joe. He probably still has testosterone levels 500% higher than the average man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Dad was old school

So was mine

RIP

5. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    3rd times a charm I guess.

This guy is a college graduate, incredibly successful pro athlete, Tae Kwon Do instructor and rich. You would think he would have a lot more sense than this. I don't get these guys. I really don't.

6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Sucks. The guy was a good football player, but ultimately that doesn't mean anything when you have a tendency to put guns in people's mouths.

Not cool. The guy needs mandated psychiatric help. One day he's going to pull the trigger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BRICKS

BRICKS Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    This is isn’t even about football so why post it?

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This is only allegations at this point right? He hasn’t been convicted of anything has he?

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    So a very intense man, with a history of violent behavior, and a history of violent behavior against his family, commits an act of violence, and your first instinct is to blame CTE? Curiously, why?

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Allegedly!
    I don’t believe he’s ever been convicted of anything. I know that supposed instance with his son ended in a hung jury twice. Other charge he pleaded no contest.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Good point Glenn. Easy to get carried away. None of us know the circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    That works great on the football field but not so good in real life. No one ever accused him of being a nice guy while he was playing football. Pretty much the opposite. That's why he was capable of throwing around his 230lb frame dominating the field IMO.

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    For some, the brain's adrenaline switch is never in the "off" position and everything is a trigger.. Having firearms is a bad idea for those people, as you can imagine..

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It definitely is easy to get carried away.
    Hopefully he didn’t do any of this stuff.

15. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Because those are the kinds of things that CTE leads you to doing. You should read up on it

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It’s not the only thing though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Pretty sure my redneck neighbor doesn't have CTE but has done something similar. Some people are just a$$holes who don't play well with others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    People with rabies are often violent, maybe its that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I think at some point it will come out that prolonged steroid/HGH causes similar rages later in life. Lyle Alzado comes to my mind. He developed brain cancer. Now the ones who have struggled and taken their lives also have the lethal combination of prolonged head traumas and prolonged steroid use.....I have a hard time with 100% of these guys problems being from ONLY the contact in football.

Frank Gifford had CTE....he wasn't suicidal.....he wasn't having mental problems. Now just to name a few.....Lambert, Didka, Butkus.....why aren't these guys losing their minds??? It's still very early to say, but it's usually never one thing in anything.

20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Glen makes the most sence here. Sometimes we forget that just because someone is accused of something, that so dosent necessarily mean the allegation is true. None of us know the circumstances.

Maybe Lloyd walked in on his wife banging the paper boy and lost it. Maybe Lloyd watches to much Walking Dead and feared his wife was becoming a zombie. Maybe Greg's wife had stabbed him with a pair of scissors a few times and it was self defense. All of the above scenarios are no more far fetched than diagnosing a man with CTE with your keyboard.

• Like Like x 1