1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Keith Butler

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by niterider, Aug 21, 2018.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    He should also google "Steelers Failed to trade up for Rashaan Evans" the same.

Baltimore was not going to move from their spot. Only other trading partner was Detriot. Heck no to giving up two first round picks.

2. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    JEH he had a nice first half and pretty much hit a wall. Been hurt the entire camp this year. I think he has potential but there’s a lot of pure speculation with him at this point.

3. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    I meant drafting J Jones and Bust Dupree

4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    How dare we use stats to prove our hysterical overreactions false!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Jarvis Jones was a byproduct of a draft class that was bad to begin with.

Bud Dupree is running out of time. To say he is a bust though is short-sighted.

Senquez Golson is someone I would classify as a "bust".

• Like Like x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s not a bust, this is a bust:

AEC028EE-B693-4F3C-A2D8-1683AD7A06D9.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I wish I knew how much is on him. When I see consistent bad tackling, I`m thinking it`s the coach who tolerates it. I think it is safe to say he is on the hot seat.

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
  9. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Unless Bud really has an awakening this season I’m not seeing it man

10. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I realize that offensive PPG doesn't tell the entire story. Bmore's offense produced more than Atl's from a PPG perspective. The ultimate goal of an offense is to produce points. So it appears Bmore's offense was better at scoring than Atl's. Atl's offense was better at gaining yards. Atl had over 1000 more yards than the Ravens. What's the sense in gaining all those yards if you can't score points?

This is the thing, often times people like to believe an offense or defense was a lot better or worse based on perception. At the professional level the worse offense in the league can play well, score points, and make the best defense in the league look bad. The same can be said for any player, unit, ect ect ect.

Rodgers didn't play full games vs the Vikes. So there's that.

Sometimes defense or offenses make plays when needed and sometimes they don't. Just because offenses or defenses don't always make plays when needed shouldn't diminish their overall accomplishments.

The Jags couldn't stop NE when they needed in the 4th QT but they were still a good defense. The Vikes were trashed by the Eagles but they were still a good defense. I can go on and on but you will probably continue to move the target.

You don't appear to understand the dynamics of football at the professional level. Every team has the coaching, players, and talent to beat your team and make them look bad doing it. This should be clear to people after years of watching football. Instead we get people here appearing to be clueless. They can witness upset after upset and seem clueless about why those upsets happened.

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think if Bud was going to show something (anything) it would have been last season. He did not. Maybe switching sides will help, but I don't think that's his issue.

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Keep in mind that his teacher in Joey Porter and James Harrison came from the side that Dupree now resides in; most of the teams best pass rushing linebackers no less.

Is time running out? Sure. Is there a reason to believe Bud will not live up to his potential? Absolutley. Will Bud play with more desperation now that he is in a contract season?

Most definitely.

13. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Fire Butler! Cut Dud Dupree! promote Joey porter to DC

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    You had me until Joey Porter

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Pre shaz our D was solid

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I was watching the colts vs ravens Mon. night and the colts defense is as an aggressive defense as I have seen in a long time. Frank Riecht what ever he has done as far as coordinator on his defense has got them playing very well. 4-5-6 men around the ball on every tackle. Aggressive rush up front and just players flying to the ball and refusing to be blocked. I want that. The jags may not win their division. Even on STs late in that game refusing to be blocked with a double team and fighting in to block a punt to get the ball back. I want that here. I'm tired of well he doesn't line up in the right spot, so he's not ready to be on the field yet, or he only covers this area. BS run to the ball and get there with a bad attitude. Everyone. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I am not a huge fan of butler either but just about every defense in football gets torched now... The name of the game is keeping opponents out of endzone. The days of the 10-7 games, are over...... If this new defense could some how come together and keep opponents out of endzone maybe it will work. Hopefully they figure it out after the first 4 games cause after that the schedule gets brutal...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Frank Reich is gonna be a good coach. Indy should be happy Mcdaniels backed out of that job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

I agree. The talk about them practicing defense this way caught my eye and ears. They practice getting to the ball with multiple players and it's fun to watch and effective. I have been preaching this. It makes a difference.:cool:

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    More stats from the top 5 defenses and ours(7). I like to go by the metric of keeping teams under 25 points as a standard lol.

games over 25
    scores in brackets are playoffs

vikings= steelers 26, redskins 30, panthers 31(eagles 38)
    jax = titans 37, rams 27, cardinals 27, 9ers 44, (steelers 42)
    chargers= eagles 26, chiefs 30
    philly = chiefs 27, rams 35, giants 29, (patriots 33)
    new england =chiefs 42, texans 33, panthers 33, dolphins 27,(eagles 41)

pittsburgh= jagoffs 30, packers 28, ravens 38, pats 27, (jagoffs 45)

It's safe to say the new NFL favors offense (duh) but still our defense has to get some stops/splash plays when needed. Getting run over all game and knowing what the opposing offense is doing AND still cannot stop it is pathetic.

Given how the defense has improved each season under Butler I sure hope that trend continues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, pretty much. Steelers D didn't have to face Andrew Luck at Indy, Aaron Rodgers and Deshaun Watson at Houston. This was a 10 win team at best in 2017. They played like an 8-8 team vs. Jax in playoffs. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    That's not a bust. This is a bust:

23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I have a headache with all these spins on our horrible run defense that needs more splash plays.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My favorite headache solution: :tequila:

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I checked again. 13-3

Best in the NFL

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1