1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Watch Saul

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I think somewhere between 50-55% when it peaked. It was much more humid in the morning hours when the temperature was still reasonable. 80-100% humidity is pretty common around here, but usually the temps stay low enough so it's not too unbearable. People always say "but, it's a dry heat" when talking about out west, but I always suspected that it was still sucky either way. We talk about moving to a warmer climate, and I tell myself I'll get used to it, or that it's just worse here because of sudden swings. I've always been a warm blooded snow shoveler though, so I tell myself lots of things.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Not a bad idea! I could hang out at intake II and go into Bishop if I want the heat! I'm going to try and get up there in late September.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

He's welcome back anytime.

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Here's a trailer for season 4. There may be a spoiler in there so don't watch if you dont want to know anything but...

"Its like we thought for Chuck."

On a side note, apparently there was some debate on whether to pick up season 4, viewership was down 34%. Can't believe it was down. I would have been sooooooo pissed had they cancelled this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2018
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I wonder if setting the DVR to record is counted as watching? Maybe not since who sits through commercials when watching a DVR and isn't that who the viewership ratings are for? I'd be satisfied just watching Jimmy and Kim run their cocktail lounge scam routine or Mike doing anything. Hilarious stuff. Michael McKeon's character wears thin quickly though. Good show.

Don't think Fargo's coming back for another year - last season (IMHO) was not very good - loved the first 2 seasons especially Billy Bob's character and then the Butcher and wifey.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Actually, I think DVR does count.

Yeah, I think Mike is my favorite character, love his story line. I'm still pissed at Walt!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Less than 53 hours until Season III BCS premiers. AMC is showing random 5 minute previews. Looks like Chuck is history and lots of other things come together to truly morph into the Breaking Bad prequel.

Rev Blount Force - this is a personal invite to you to join us in a weekly analysis - no need to discuss any sports issues. :shrug:

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    @blountforcetrauma :)

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Damn I missed this show! The writing is fantastic. Freaking Jimmy, as soon as he learned he wasn't responsible for Chuck and that Howard was, he starts smiling and whistling :lolol:

He's still responsible for it though, he's the one that got the insurance rates raised and that led to Howard and Chucks fight.

What was the deal with the cab driver? He definitely knows who Jimmy is.

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You got it Blast - great show, year after year. I was shaking my head as well when Jimmy starting whistling and lightening up as Kim and Howard sat there still in shock. Didn't the cab driver have an Albuquerque trinket hanging from his mirror and now they're in some midwest winter setting? Remember Saul (and Jimmy) used to be plastered on billboards all over New Mexico and maybe this was a client he stiffed at some point. Didn't you love Mike riding around in the golf cart as a security consultant? Great scene. Funny thing is, he just got a check from this "Madrigal" company as part of his money laundering payout through Lydia but I don't think he has a real job or contract with them but just started playing the part.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I loved the warehouse scene, thats what makes that show great, just very intricate well shot scenes.

Ah you're right, I'm sure what happened was all over the news and Saul would have been covered in that story as well. He probably recognized him, there must be a reward leading to his arrest.

Nacho is screwed, too bad, I like his character. That guy who was looking at him with the binoculars was the guy from BB that Gus slit his throat after allowing himself to be placed at the scene when Jessie killed the other meth cook.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hell of a show last night - Jimmy and Kim were on fire - what outstanding acting performances all around. Now Jimmy in his fun-employment status is looking at ripping off a few rare Hummel figurines with Mike's help. Man Gus is a scary dude in this role - made you almost feel sorry for Nacho. I'm so glad they killed off Chuck - the show languished when they involved him IMO. What's weird is the fact that this was filmed well after Breaking Bad but obviously takes place prior to BB, many of these actors are really showing their age (i.e. Mike, Gus, Jimmy, Lydia) no matter how much make-up they put on them. I liked Gus' response to Lydia when she was ragging on Mike about stealing employee badges - "Well just get him his own badge!" This is going to be a fun ride this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, Gus is WAY worse than he was in BB! He really deserves what he got!

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Tonight, Better Call Saul officially became Breaking Bad, the Prequel. First 15 minutes were right out of BB with the menacing twins really taking over. Now we also see Gus's connection to Gale(the cheerful chem guy from BB). At the end, does anyone think that Kim switched letters and tossed Chuck's real letter to Jimmy and crafted a new much nicer one and that's why she broke down crying? Chuck never would have said those things to Jimmy.

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Everybody seems to have visibly aged.........except the twins!

17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I thought it was kinda strange , mabe Chuck surprised them all.. lol

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe but I didnt get that sense. However, if Chuck was making up to Jimmy in that letter, you'd think he would have told him how their mother asked for Jimmy right before dying. He kept that from Jimmy his whole life.

I love how it's pulling all the BB cast into it. Unfortunately, you wont see Walter making an appearance. Maybe Jesse? He was in the drug trade then.

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    That's a good point Blast. More reason why I don't think Chuck wrote it. Another thought - maybe it just said F.U. from Chuck (remember when Howard handed it to Kim and she shouted "What's this? Just one more screw you from Chuck?" Maybe it did and Jimmy just made it up as he went along, reading things he wished that Chuck would have said to him. We may see the letter again at some point. Also I don't think that Jimmy is going to get his Hummell, the guy he hired to take it will give him stink because how he had to wait so long to escape - maybe they get into a fight and the statue gets broken? This show doesn't let the little things ride, everything always has a meaning, consequence and/or conclusion.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    They are some scary dudes. Every time they show them now on BCS, all I can think of is that bizarre hospital room scene in BB when the still living twin is crawling across the floor trying to still get Walt. Creepy.

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well tonight's show really crossed over into BB. First scene fast forwards to the waning days of Saul Goodman as he and his secretary destroy all the office files and Saul/Jimmy retrieves all his hidden loot and other goodies. Later on Mike secretly interviewing prospective builders of the massive and secret meth lab underneath the industrial laundry complex. This show just keeps getting better every week.

• Like Like x 1
  22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Damn i forgot it was monday and forgot to watch last night .

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry my friend, should have added "Spoiler Alert" to my post. Check your on screen guide to see if AMC repeat broadcasts during the week. I know FX does it all the time. At some point they may run the whole season to date to allow folks to catch up. You're right though, it didn't seem like a Monday and glad my DVR caught it.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Love the housing they set up for the guys building the secret meth lab! Its so cool seeing how all the stuff in BB came about. Kai is going to have a problem it seems. I wonder if all of them will be disposed of after they are finished? Mike would never be a part of doing that but Gus could have one of his henchmen do it. However none of them knows where it is so, maybe they just go there merry way after.

So glad those punks mugging Jimmy got there's, pee'd their pants I bet :lolol:

Starting to see how the end of Jimmy and Kim comes about.

25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    BCS is the gift that keeps on giving. Yeah I can see Gus wiping out all the Euro-U.G. workers at the end of the job - it's his style. This week's show (9/17/18) really jumped into the BB prequel mode finally showing where "Saul Goodman" came from, which has nothing to do with attorney work. The split screen opening and the off-beat music is great on this show. Is all that teeth brushing just symbolism to show them trying to wipe away all that "bad taste" from all the legal hi-jinx that Jimmy pulls and Kim may soon do as well? It has to mean something other than the obvious.

Looks like Kim is finally seeing legal "injustice" through the eyes that Jimmy sees things and looks like she's all set to rip the prosecutor a new one next week. Although Chuck made a flashback cameo last week, I'm sure glad they knocked his agonizing character out of the show - nothing against Michael McKean, just hated his role in this show. I'm going to hate to see this season end.