1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A funny thing happened as I watched more PS games....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Aug 18, 2018.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    8BD46E4C-BC70-4665-8C53-6D769D861883.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Ever get in an argument with the wife and make up later? Normal people get frustrated with things they love but they calm down after a while.

This guy doesn't do that because he hates the Steelers. He NEVER likes anything about the Steelers. He doesn't like a single thing about the team. I asked him once if there was anything he liked and he said something like "The team has serious problems."

Someone who constantly hates on the team is not a Steeler fan even if they think they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I think I even stated it had nothing to do with the loss. An F I could give about winning or losing in PS. Maybe the D will get its s--t together by week 1, I hope so.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Isn't that the case though every season?

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm afraid we're gonna have a season like 2003 which will facilitate a major overhaul on defense.

Like the 2003 D, there's too many sub-par players in starting roles that miss tackles and give up big plays.

6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't know anymore whether I come here to celebrate being a fan of the Steelers, be amused by the posts, cry, or watch for the end of the world. "We suck, defense sucks, offense sucks, Bell will suck, Ben might suck, AB doesn't suck but does by default, and the defense sucks, BUT I am the hugest ever Steelers fan, bigger fan than you!" I know, I know, "I can love the team and still criticize them!" That only holds water when not every single posts is negative. There are a couple people on here that should really consider a new team that they find more appealing. Why sit and agonize over every aspect of a team and only feel disappointed? I hear the Patriots always have room on their band-wagon. Sorry couldn't help myself.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    This post was obviously directed at me. Obviously. :icon mrgreen:

I have been one of the more positive people here regarding Mason Rudolph. There's a few forum members already saying he will never amount to anything at QB. I'm willing to give the kid some time to learn before I write him off. Now... Dupree, Tuitt, Burns, Davis... that's a different story. These guys have been around long enough for us to get a good look. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see much improvement from any of them. Steelers have to do better with their 1st and 2nd round defensive draft picks. Steelers have the 2nd round WR down to an art.... sans Limas Sweed.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Disagree on a few write offs;
    Tuitt just needs to stay healthy
    Davis may not ever be a probowler but will be a solid 2nd rounder
    Burns will be a probowler imo.

9. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
  10. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Maybe if we had legit coaching these same players would excel. To be honest, the D looks like a sh-t show. And that starts at coaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Some people like to seek the truth and face it, others feel the need to hide from it so they can feel better and safe. Do you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Let me try to state this one more time:

All teams operate under the current CBA, yet, watching their Ds, I see they are much better at tackling than the Steelers.

So how can you blame it on the CBA?

Use logic and reason to pursue the truth.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure about the others, but he wants go give up on Tuitt? The guy was fantastic late in the 2016 season and he played all of last year with one arm. We at least need to see what he's got in 2018.

I can understand the others. I think we've seen more than enough of Dupree and I don't like how Burns and Davis regressed as last season went on.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I can’t speak for Jim, but for me I pretty much know what our problems are. You know what though, what the hell am I going to do about it?

Maybe I’m wrong , but guys like you must think that you can make some kind of difference in what the Steelers do by complaining about everything.
    I mean what’s the purpose? How about I say you’ve convinced me. Now what?
    Is that what does it for you? Are you just trying to prove to everyone what a football genius you are?
    Or maybe you’re only happy if you can make everyone as miserable as yourself?

I’m a fan/ supporter of the Steelers. I’m going to enjoy the team, games and experience. For me personally if I get so negative about every freaking thing I’m going to stop being a fan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who wants to give up on Twitter? Did someone really say that?

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    A lot of squeaking on this post.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Twitter? You mean Tuitt? Heinz wrote that he wasn't ready to write off Rudolph, but Dupree, Davis, Burns and Tuitt were a different story.

19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    *face palm*

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Twitter, Lol. Freakin auto correct.
    Yeah Tuitt.
    Should have known it was that hater.

21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I've never seen some people get so upset about preseason. The Steelers have for decades lost these meaningless games and then got down to business during the regular season as if they never missed a beat. I'm not the least bit concerned. So far this team is relatively healthy making it through the games and to me that is more important than any W-L column.

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Confucius say: Throw a stone in pack of dogs - one who bark is one who get hit. :eek:

Lucky for the rest of us, only 2 more pre-season game weeks to suffer through. :drinks:

23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    :roflmao:

:cool:

24. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    It would be nice if the president would give up on Twitter.

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He creates great material for the comedians & people in general. Kinda like a 4 year roast.

• Agree Agree x 1