1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

how to get Steelers tickets?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blitzburgh71, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Blitzburgh71

Blitzburgh71 New Member

Aug 18, 2018
    hi,
    i'm a steeler fan my entire life and i've never been to a NFL game never mind it being the best team in the NFL the only 6 time Super Bowl champions Pittsburgh Steeler and i have put this on my bucket list and i have had chances to go see other teams but i said to myself that my first NFL has to have the Steelers in it so this year i have vacation from my job the 1st week of December and was trying to get 2 tickets for Sunday November 25th and don't know where to find some can a Steeler fan help me find some.
    thank you Steeler Nation and lets get number 7

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I got a chance to make it to the second Raven's game last year. People were scalping tickets everywhere. I'm not sure if anyone's ever got bad tickets that way or not.

I'm about half tempted just to drive up and get them from someone selling them on the street.

3. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Not sure if you know, but that game is in Denver. If that is the game you are looking to go to, I am thinking it wouldn't be an issue getting a ticket out there.

4. m4mica

m4mica Active Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Do NOT buy tickets from a scalper, it's a huge risk. Just get them from Stubhub or Ticketmaster. Here's the problem. All Steelers tickets can be transferred electronically. I am a season ticket holder and get a box full of hard tickets. If I can't go to the game I can sell or transfer them electronically very, very easily. But, I'd still have the original hard tickets which not only look real, but are... at least they were... until they were transferred. So, even 100% authentic, issued by the Steelers tickets could end up being 'fake'.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    From the sound of it, there are a few regular prognosticators here (no names needed) who would pay YOU to take their tickets off their hands. They might even drive to your house and hand deliver them as they are so down on this team (perpetually).

(To Blitzburgh71, green font indicates sarcasm).

Seriously though, listen to 4$mica above, I like having a real ticket in my hand well ahead of time. If you listen to the scalpers, there would have to be 50,000 seats at the 50 yd line!

6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Cool thanks. I won't bother doing that then. Chances are if there is a way to fake them good, there are plenty of people doing that.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Someone posted a comment about a scalper who hangs out at Hyde Park and apparently is legit. Otherwise he would be dead the next game.

I’d still go with StubHub.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Buy them from the ticket exchange.

9. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Normally, I'd say scalp and don't worry about it. I've done so dozens of times and the only bad experience was when one of the tickets we bought was to a seat behind a cement pillar at old Three Rivers. I don't think Heinz has any such seats. However, due to the new technology above, I can't say scalping is worry free at this point. At the last home Jags game, they were reporting the ONLY way to get in was from tickets on your smart phone. I have a tough time believing that. There MUST be SOME fans who don't own smart phones.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    you are correct. This didn’t happen, at least not entirely. I would have no idea how to get my ticket on my smarter than me phone.

Now, is it possible, that tickets downloaded from StubHub, etc, have different requirements?

11. m4mica

m4mica Active Member

Oct 21, 2014
    It used to be that if I wasn't going to use my tickets I could electronically send them to someone else who could then print a ticket. That printout replaced the original ticket and was good for admission. Either last year or this year that has changed. The only tickets they will accept are the original ones they send me or an electronic ticket on your cell phone. They no longer allow 'print-at-home'. I'm guessing that's what happened at the Jags game. I also think they were pushing to eliminate the paper tickets but every year I have the option to request hard tickets... There's just something about having a ticket in hand.

FWIW - if anyone needs / wants tickets there are always a couple of games I can't go to. I only ask for face value, but even that is pricey since they are club level. Just send me a PM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm up working in MN right now and I heard a radio advertisement that said the only way you'll get into the Vikings stadium is with the ticket on your phone. I'm sure most stadiums may go this route..

13. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    It seems too aggressive. They would HAVE to lose sales. Can you imagine how many things that could go wrong? What if your battery dies? Not to mention your never-ending glitches.