1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Preseason GM 2 The Offical Mason appreciation gameday thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Henderson. Not going to make the team with a fair catch.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    His speed makes up for a lot but I think by turning the DL loose and getting further and further away from a traditional 3-4 things are just not working like they used to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't think Griffey or Smith are making the cut possibly to PS or futures contracts

4. Scatter

Scatter Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Agreed....Defense is evolving and ours is still sporting a Cro-Magnon brow and wearing animal skins.

5. Scatter

Aug 16, 2018
    Why is it that Greg Williams can create a vicious D anywhere he goes, but we look identically mediocre every year of late?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    *Should be.
    My head hurts.

7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
  8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Williams attacks teams and studies them to attack them. Steelers do what they do and that entails not game planning to attack the weak parts

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It's over! It's over! Hip, Hip Hooray, It's Over!!!!!

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    alright Ill leave the post mortem to you guys, see everyone in the morning

11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    So you call a timeout to get the ball back. You get it back with decent field position and a decent amount of time on the clock. Then you run the clock out with 3 straight runs. I see our method of clock management remains intact.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scatter

Aug 16, 2018
    That was the knock on LeBeau....I hope that Butler doesn’t follow that path.

13. Scatter

Aug 16, 2018
    Good night guys..... I thoroughly enjoyed your company. Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We'll get even in the Super Bowl.

15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Doubt it. I bet our guys still miss tackles in madden 19 lol

16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Wow. Poor performance overall. James Washington did great. He's going to be good.

Matt Thomas also looked pretty good I thought. And 92 < can't spell that dude's name. Burnett looked pretty good. Terrell Edmunds did OK. << 6-1 against 6-5 is still a mismatch. Add to that a well placed ball. Not really his fault.

Bostic left a lot to be desired. Mason looked greener than green and flustered as all hell. Dobbs resorted to his legs way too much without looking down field. Still don't feel good about Matakevich, except he knew where people needed to line up at.

At this point, I'd be going to free agency to either acquire Navarro Bowman or Lawrence Timmons. I'm very concerned with our run defense this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I've never seen players to be pumped up around him. Even in old vids. Players would run through a wall for LeBeau.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Going to have to teach them to run backwards though and run more time off the clock - can't score too quick - otherwise the defense will be back on the field. :facepalm:

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If only a giant sink hole had opened up and stopped the game at this point, I think we'd all be happy with a tie. ...................wait a giant sink hole did open up - the Steeler's D. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The over under on this game was 42. I thought that was high. I would have taken the under. This is why I don’t bet on football.

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Did our other punter play at all in this game? Matt Wile, I think his name is?

Berry has not looked great so far in preseason.

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are the early 80's Chargers. They will have to score 55+ points to even have a chance to win. I think they can do it with Ben>Bell>AB>JuJu>Washington>McDonald.

The defense will be lucky to get 1 or 2 stops a game, same as Jax playoff game. I don't think Bostic and Burnett are going to be much of an improvement over Spence and Mitchell.

I feel sorrow for the Special Teams Punt coverage team. They won't get much action this year. :frown:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The defense continues to play terribly. I know people are making excuses for Edmunds, but the kid got beat for two touchdowns and he also had an ugly missed tackle on a fourth-string tight end. People need to just stop with all the talk of him being an answer to the matchup issues with tight ends. Maybe he will get there at some point, but he didn't show it at all last night.

Allen was also terrible. How long can they keep the guy based on his tools while not being able to actually use him on defense.

That said, there were few players on defense who did even a tolerable job.

I agree that Conner was impressive, but we know he can run. I still wonder about him as a blocker and receiver. Was Ridley hurt? If not, last night can't be a good sign. Samuels wasn't bad, though that was fairly late in the game.

Washington looks like the real deal. He made great plays on both touchdown receptions and could have had another score. Washington was well behind everybody and Dobbs underthrew it. Washington adjusted to make the catch, but the bad throw allowed him to be caught.

Patterson continued to show that he doesn't run sharp routes. Dobbs' interception was ugly, but Patterson did him no favors with the route.

I didn't really see anything that changes my mind about the quarterbacks. Rudolph isn't ready. Dobbs is athletic, but not a good enough passer to be the No. 2 this season. Somebody mentioned Jones locking up the No. 2 job without taking a snap. I see it that way, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It can't be a good sign that he wasn't back there for all those kickoffs in the first half.