1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you worried?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. Yes even more

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The one positive from the defense was that they were dbl teaming Tuitt and he was still managing to push both guys back. Now if only Vwilliams and Chic wrren't just standing next to each other instead of playing their gaps the defense could have done something

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Too many sub-par players. Edmunds has some potential, but he's going through growing pains. Not much positive on the D-side from this game. Where the hell was Adeniyi?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Every year its the same thing. Look terrible in preseason last year and won 13 games.

Preseason is an evaluation tool for the coaches, that is all. They are trying to round out the 53 man roster. The 3rd game is the tune up. Thats the only one that carries any weight with me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers defense is teh SuxXorz!!!:help:

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    won 13 games by feature of playing backup qb's and having shaz to mask the defense deficiencies.

I understand 13 games is 13 games but when you get down to it, past all the BS, if your team is running on smoke and mirrors you can be damn sure a better football club + better coach are going to expose you for the fraud you are.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Is that you Heinz?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I know, I kinda re-read it and said that to myself. lol

8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'M worried i forgot how tp post a new topic, on the message board:herewego::herewego::herewego:

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So we an blame it on player communication and our DC and the assistant DC Tomlin can get another pass..

10. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Not concerned about a preseason loss, although the score is enough to raise an eyebrow (after all, aren't the other teams' scrubs playing too part of the time????) The flip side is we scored 34 with our 3rd and 4th QB. As Tomlin always says, it's an "evaluation process" of many people who won't see the regular-season field (although some will) and he seemed to acknowledge that they have a LOT to go over in the video of this otherwise meaningless preseason game (being aware of that is good, the ability to DO something about it would be even better). My 'worry,' if anything, is that we end up cutting the 'more bad' player instead of promoting the 'clearly better' player which I guess gets you to the same place of 53, but you don't feel as good about it.

I'm worried about future press conferences where the word 'fundamentals' (particularly on defense) keeps coming up. If you get beaten by a better team in the regular season that has players that out-fought you in the trenches, you don't feel good about that, but you might feel better than getting beat on easy-looking pitch/catch plays with poor tackling/angles. Okay, you probably don't feel better, but you might have more hope for future games..... okay, probably not that either....

That being said, regular season is a different game where doing what you need to do to win far exceeds the 'evaluation process.' So, I'll wait to panic until I see the Browns march up and down the field against us when it truly matters (and when I hear the word 'fundamentals' in the week 1 press conference).

11. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    If the offense stays healthy, it will take 30+ points per game by the opponent to beat the Steelers this year. Ben has something to prove and appears fired up. Bell is wanting the big pay day so he will try and show out. Brown, JuJu, and Washington will require someone to be double teamed which will open one of these guys up.

Yes I am serious but then I realize who is coaching this team and yes I am worried. Go Penguins.

• Like Like x 1
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Yup, then get blow torched in the playoffs.

13. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    No I’m not worried. If we start losing games due to our D during the regular season I’ll start worrying.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, I'm sure that after a 16 games season in which they won 13 games, preseason is the reason they lost in the playoffs.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That wasn't my point.

16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I don't have a problem with them starting Mason. I think it was a wise choice to see what he has at the moment. I don't think they called the greatest game for him to be successful. 5 wides coming out the gate was obviously a bad decision. The corners were salivating waiting to jump what they obviously knew would be a short pass/hook.

That killed any confidence he might of had off the bat, and what was left was a very shoddy performance. I ultimately think it got to his head.

17. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Yes, to a degree, but if your 1st string D looks like monkeys f--- a football, it's not so good.

Here's a clip from last game.

18. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I’d be worried if I thought the D would be good. I mean this is expected at this point. You can’t win a championship when you have a bottom 5 defense

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Is this the worst Steelers LB group in the last 30 years?

20. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Tuitt finally has two healthy limbs.

21. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    About what? Lol

It’s preseason. This has literally zero to do with the regular season. We could hold the opposition scoreless in the preseason and it won’t matter one iota.

22. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015

The defense lol. Tackling is bad and the scheme is trash. fire butler

23. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    48 points in 35 minutes, no biggie.:hmm:

24. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You should move her down the list anyway. Old chickens aren't good for eating.

25. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I’m worried about the defense, but not because they played bad in a preseason game.