1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The White Tiger

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Aug 16, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Gruden is cracking me up with the Martavis stuff. I would say Vance McDonald is the Steelers version of the white tiger. Sometimes he comes out to play and sometimes he doesn't.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ruden-we-call-martavis-bryant-the-white-tiger

Asked if he has a good handle on Bryant's recent bout with migraines, Gruden responded, "I don't know. I really don't know. We're calling Martavis the white tiger."

Why the white tiger?

"I used to go to Busch Gardens in Tampa," Gruden explained. "We call (former Buccaneers receiver Joey Galloway) the white tiger in Tampa. You go to Busch Gardens and they've got a white tiger. You go 12 times or 13 times, the white tiger was always in his cage.

"But the white tiger came out today. Bryant came out. I don't know if you get that analogy but sometimes he comes out to play and sometimes he doesn't. It's good to see him because he's really special, like the white tiger.

• Like Like x 2
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I couldn't care less about Martaveous Bryant. His time here is over. Add to it that I think Gruden is an egotistical maniac who would try and bait the league into thinking Bryant is a complete bum and then have Carr throw him 60 yard bombs every other series. I doubt the Raiders fans followed DHB's every move after he left them.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    As soon as I read the article I thought of Vance. He is definitely the white tiger of the Steelers. Special when you get to see him, but you rarely get to see him. I couldnt care less about Gruden or Martavis. But I cant help but find the constant ball breaking that Gruden is dishing out to MB hilarious.

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011

That tiger didn't go crazy. That tiger went tiger!

5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I will forever be thankful for the "Whitetiger"!!!

Cajun

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I like White Russians.

• Like Like x 1
  7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    that's funny stuff...

but I bet it comes back later in the season when they are discussing Gruden's coaching abilities.. shoulda stuck to MNF lol

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So does the President :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That just gave me a flashback. When my dad passed away, pretty old, and widowed for years, I cleaned up his computer to give it to his grandkids. Apparent he also liked White Russians. Female. Particularly the spam emails asking if he was looking for a russian wife. Go dad.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    download.jpg