1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shirt pock notes from a weekend at Steelers Training Camp

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ben There, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    *Leveon is here!!!!!!That is Leveon Hooks #95, a D.E. trying to make the team.
    *Big Ben looks trimmer than he has for years. Seems lighter on his feet! By the way, Ben spent 20 minutes after practice throwing balls into the 2 corners of the end zone just for practice.
    *Thank God for the person who invented Binoculars! For Games, Training Camp and this weekend mine were doing double duty as the Westmorland Air Show featuring The Thunderbirds, was going on right next to St. Vincent, at Arnold Palmer Airport.
    * James Conners looks as big as a L.B.!
    *It amazes me how many players wear long sleves in this heat!
    *Mason Rudolph does have a big arm, hope he is as accurate as Big Ben.
    *There are more film crews covering Steeler Training Camp than most regular season N.F.L. games!
    *On Sunday, ex Pirate great Bill Mazeroski was a guest on the field.
    *On Sunday, it was so much fun hearing Cam Heward pumping up the D, before a 20 play scrimmage to end the day!
    *On Saturday B.J. Finney took over for the injured Ramon Foster and after watching him for 2 days, he might be a better run blocker than The Big Rago!
    *Can Finney pass protect?
    *Jaylen Samuels even looks like Bell while getting his reps!
    *Quadrey Henderson from Pitt addes to the excitement of punt and kickoff practice in Camp, every time he touches the ball, but he is a below average wide receiver and I don't think we have the luxury to carry a guy just for special teams.
    *Jon Bostic is a beast against the run.
    *Saturdays great picks: Artie Burns and Joe Hayden.
    *Sunday picks: Marcus Allen, Edmunds, Cam Sutton, Brian Allen and Hayden again.
    *M.L.B.great Ken Griffeys son is a wide receiver for The Steelers.He is #15.
    *My Camp awards:
    *Camp Phenom--W.R. Damoun Patterson---#83. Maybe he can make the practice squad.
    *Kordell Award (looks great in Camp then nothing during the year): W.R. Justin Hunter
    *Awesome Camp,--too bad there is no room for you--- R.B.--Jarvion Franklin--#40. Rare blend of speed and power.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    good stuff, thanks Ben There

• Like Like x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I want to know if the competition at long snapper is fierce this year.

To soon?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Mucho thanks for the report.

*Big Ben looks trimmer than he has for years. Seems lighter on his feet! By the way, Ben spent 20 minutes after practice throwing balls into the 2 corners of the end zone just for practice.

I think his weight loss is a clear indication he is serious about #7 this year. No more frat guy playing intramural football with a keg on the sidelines.

* James Conners looks as big as a L.B.!

That's a little surprising since he seemed to have lost weight and got ripped.

*Quadrey Henderson from Pitt addes to the excitement of punt and kickoff practice in Camp, every time he touches the ball, but he is a below average wide receiver and I don't think we have the luxury to carry a guy just for special teams.

Not unless he is really special, like Dante Hall special, especially considering kickers can pretty much force a touchback these days. But not when punting all the time.

*Jon Bostic is a beast against the run.

If JB can stay healthy, he is going to surprise some fans. Basing on how putrid our rush D was after Shaz went down, JB is exactly what we need.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    95 is LAVON Hooks, I believe. Nice try though. :lolol:

6. Ben There

Oct 20, 2011
    Ya, I know! Just the Myron in me coming out!

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Good read! Thx Ben There!

• Like Like x 1
  9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Thanks Ben there. That seems like a lot of picks so far. Bad qbing or good DBs or good DBs plus better DB coaching? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I would say a mix of both personally. While Ben has tossed three interceptions according to Alex Koroza of SteelersDepot, Mason, Joshua and Landry have combined for five total: eight in all.

Within that same vein though, the likes of Artie, Cameron, Hilton and Allen (better but still developing) have all improved; Artie and Allen being the biggest beneficiaries. Terrell Edmunds has come along nicely as well. Through five practices, both lead the team with two picks each.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Great information Ben There! Keep up the good work! :herewego:

• Like Like x 1
  12. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think his weight loss is due to the fact that he has no appetite worrying about when Mason is going to be taking over the top spot. :hmm:

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks for the update. How did Sutton look? How about Kion Adams?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ben There

Oct 20, 2011
    Sutton looked good the 2 days I was there. He had a nice pick off of Landry Jones on Saturday. On Sunday he broke up a long pass to James Washington. I think K.Adams can be a player if he stays healthy.

15. Steellamb86

Steellamb86 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Great write-up...much appreciate from those of us on the west coast that get very little Steelers coverage.

• Like Like x 1