1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Training Camp Updates 2018

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers4Lyfe, Jul 26, 2018.

1. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Fans like him? :lolol:

The rest of your post it is clear you are delusional

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That's all you got? SMH.

3. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    Yeah so? Whadda you got? :lolol:

4. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    Ok I will play.

1. A "couple" of players overprepared to the point they over looked the jags? What are you saying? This is dumb $**. They got blown out by the jags at home in the RS and you are blaming the Playoff loss on what couple of players? You are all babble and making excuses too.

2. Makes 0 sense.

3.Maybe. But that's where coaching should come in to remind them focus. Why is it always a "couple" players with you. :lolol:

4. There is no superiority complex. The Steelers are top 5 in talent (personnel) with a bottom 5 coaching staff. There is nothing to brag about.

5. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    Mike Tomlin is the modern day Rich Kotite. And if no one here knows who Kotite is...consider yourselves lucky :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh ok so I guess the fact that Mr. Rooney himself has come out and addressed the fact that the team has to do a better job of staying focused and not looking past opponents . I guess it's something I and the other Steeler fans that are paying attention to this team for the past several years have created. Heck what do we know.....I gotta tell Mr. Rooney to "stop telling such outlandish tales....to stop turning minnows into whales"

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    I know you are excited but it's not Roomey :facepalm:

Practice patience

8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Damn it! :smiley1: fixed it....

9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry but I get a little worked up when people try to tell me what I see with my own eyes is wrong...
    Even if my eyes aren't as good as they used to be...

10. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    I understand..Now You have a friend in me here if you need me :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  11. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Well he also said he didn't believe the TEAM lacked focus.

Among the things that he told the veteran reporter is that while he doesn’t believe the team lacks focus, he added, “I think our guys understand that you can’t look past somebody, particularly this year”.

I don't believe the TEAM lacked focus. They would not had won 13 games if the TEAM lacked focus. Maybe a few players lacked focus. Hey whatever floats your boat. Keep believing everybody on the TEAM lacked focus if it makes you happy.

The bottom line is that the Steelers can't turn the all over and expect to win games. The QB threw 5 ints in the 1st Jags game. He gave the ball away twice in the 2nd game. Recent history shows that the Steelers lost most of their playoff games when they were in the negative of the turnover category. The Steelers take care of the ball and they give themselves a chance to win. When they don't take care of the ball they lose most of the games. It's really that simple.

12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I
    I didn't say the entire team lacked focus....yeah everyone down to the water boys. It doesn't take the entire team to lose focus to lose a game. My whole point in all this is to counter the argument that people are defending Tomlin by saying he doesn't need to look back and address the poor performance in the Jax game
    Well if that's the case he definitely shouldn't be looking forward either like he did with the " elephant " comment. Turnovers in a game happen because of mistakes...mistakes happen because of a lack of focus. It's no accident that a team like NE very rarely beats themselves with TOs. We hav all witnessed over the years this team losing to teams we have no business losing to...what do you think the reasons for our inexcusable losses and skin of our teeth wins against inferior opponents are? Yes we won 13 games last year but there were a couple that we needed to win and couldn't. The debacle at the end of the NE game clearly showed a coaching staff and it's players unfocused and unprepared in a critical situation.

Rooney made his comments about this year in particular because of the schedule and the fact that he isn't going to throw the team under the bus about last years playoff performance. He knows we might not be fortunate enough to be going up against 2nd and 3rd string QBs like last year. Trust me if he took the time to make a comment about it,it's clearly a issue. He realizes the window is closing on this current group of players and he's making it known that the "focus" of the team has to improve to become a championship team. Go back and watch the Jax game and tell me you saw a team that came out focused and prepared.....you say myself and a lot of Steeler fans have a superiority complex when it comes to teams we should beat...well a team led by Blake Bortles coming into Heinz field shouldn't of put a ass whooping on a team that was focused and prepared.....we very clearly weren't.

13. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Did the entire TEAM perform poorly vs the Jags? I understand the defense didn't play well but that happens sometimes. The TEAM wasn't good enough to overcome the turnovers. Teams are less likely to win games when they turn the ball over.

Tomlin wasn't looking forward. He made a comment about potential future opponent. What is this world coming to where every thing people say gets scrutinized under a micro scope? Mountain meet molehill.

So are you saying Ben lacked focus? After all he was the only individual responsible for the turnovers vs the Jags.

NE has been the best team in the Brady and BB era. That's life. NE had their share of losses too.

I don't view losses as inexcusable. I look at the reasons why the team loss. I am not sure how people can watch football/sports, witness upsets, and still have an opinion that losses are inexcusable. Especially considering the other teams have the talent to BEAT YOUR TEAM. When someone witnesses something enough then he/she should understand that upsets happen in sports.

IMO the Steelers won the NE game. The refs took it away. Then Ben struck again with a turnover. Those turnovers are something huh?

2nd and 3rd string QB's have the talent to BEAT YOUR TEAM. Especially when your team gives the ball away or plays poorly.

I doubt he believes the window is closing. I certainly don't believe the window is closing. One good thing about the NFL and sports is that teams can rebuild.

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    You ask did the entire team play poorly? Then you go on to say the D didn't play well and the O turned the ball over....so yeah I'd say the team played poorly.
    While it feels good to trick our minds that we actually won the NE game the record says otherwise We still had a chance to tie or win the name and yes Ben struck with a TO ,was it because he maybe lost focus and failed to realize they could have tied the game or was it also the lack of focus and preparedness from our coaching staff who **** the bed after the reversal....
    2 nd and 3rd strings have the talent to beat your team when the team plays poorly and turns the ball over....hmm why did they play poorly....hmm was it a lack of focus and preparedness ....
    How are you saying playing poorly and TOs are mutually exclusive to lack of focus or preparedness....I don't get that.
    Tomlin was clearly looking forward because if you remember his comments he mentioned the regular season game coming up and then went on to mention another possible matchup down the road....so yeah he planted that seed in his players heads....
    You don't look at losses as inexcusable,you look for the reasons why we lost. Well almost always it's because we play poorly and turn the ball over and that's because we aren't focused and prepared......that's inexcusable. Like I said if Mr. Rooney thought enough of it to make a comment...it's a concern. Fact.

15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I think lack of focus came from resting players to end the season. It's a recipe for disaster IMO. Never worked for the Colts who would rest starters and exit the playoffs early on a yearly basis. The same Jaguars upset the Broncos years ago in the same scenario. It's tough to face a team that is coming off a hard fought playoff win when your team is coming off a 2 week vacation.

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree it doesn't help but I'm not "focusing" on that particular game. I'm talking about what is a reoccurring theme with this team. Like I said if Rooney thought enough of it to make a comment it's a factor and a legitimate concern . Pretty sure he has a accurate pulse of the team....

17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    It sure doesnt work for the steelers after the starters miss the week 17 game they have 3 weeks to get rusty, especially ben becomes a turnover machine, the patriots never rest starters including brady, we need to change this scenario everbody plays in the last game no more resting, 3 weeks off is too long....

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Noll hired him as OC because "He was always hard to prepare to play" as Jets coach. I remember someone noting that Noll was undefeated against him, so I guess he wasn't that hard to prepare for. He was terrible.

19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I knew we were in trouble after the Buffalo vs Jax game. Not because Jax played great, because the game was hard fought. It's tough to play a team that has been playing tough games for weeks when your coming off of vacation. We opened the game up like a team that just got back from the beach.

20. Pistol Patty

Pistol Patty Member

Apr 29, 2018
    Any updates on, you know...camp?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I know right. I didn’t even know the Jags we’re still around until last year. Now some people have built them up to be unbeatable.

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Doesn't start til 2:55....so it's kinda dead:smiley1: image.jpeg

23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    .....and we got beach slapped.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steellamb86

Steellamb86 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I thought this thread was about training camp...I just had to scroll past a bunch of blabber regarding LAST year...move on people or make your own thread that I can not read.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I must have missed those two Super Bowls Kotite was a head coach in, including one victory.

Seriously, folks, do we have to turn every thread into Tomlin bashing? There are plenty of threads for that. As Steellamb suggested, it would be great if we could keep this thread focused on this season, specifically updates from training camp?

• Like Like x 1