1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Traitor Harrison on Undisputed Today

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jul 19, 2018.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Well, we are "Fouts Chargers Lite" on defense. They were the worst defense EVER, but I see the similarities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hate to burst your bubble but I'd go back and watch the Hard Knocks training camp with the Cincinnati Bengals. They have some look inside moments of the LBers meeting room and let's just say James wasn't the most attentive guy in the room. No disrespect to him he is a relentless workout warrior and on the field, I just wouldn't paint him as a model player when it came to reaching moments.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    All of that being said he didn't say anything many of us haven't at least suspected and or said in here. It shouldn't be shocking to have it confirmed either.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The part about half the defense running one thing and half the defense running something else was very telling to me. Very unacceptable coaching. :cool:

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    At this point I’d take anything Harrison said with a grain of salt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    the trouble with that is the eye test. this just kind of confirms alot. more of an ahhaa moment. maybe im wrong but boy the arrow is moving in that direction. :cool:

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t doubt some it. I just think Harrison is probably over exaggerating a bit.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    could be.:cool:

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The truth hurts I see :dancing:

10. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Lol, what truth

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That you're a clown fan duh

12. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Lol wut

13. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Do you he was double dawg dared to sleep @ Bill's meeting?

14. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just cause he said it doesn’t make it true. As bitter as he is you have to take what he says with a grain of salt.
    I don’t doubt there’s some level of truth to what he’s saying, it kinda funny no other ex players have said anything bad about Tomlin.
    I love that the guy causing the problems is the one claiming the Steelers need more discipline. Classic!

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    A lime, and some tequila.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Harrison confirms that BB is a better coach and more disciplined than Tomlin. Also confirms the sun rises in the East.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Nothing James Harrison has said is not anything the naive haven't heard. Mike Tomlin is not only overrated, he is a C coach. His speech and his bosses keep voodooing everyone who like him and want him to succeed.

The reality is he is not a good NFL head coach, he never will be. The sad thing is the Steelers have pissed away so many chances at Super Bowl's that even if he wins one more, the Steelers still left titles on the table.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    A lot said that is true, but the reality is I'd hate watching a game with personalities like yours. Might as well turn the channel to Mash and go to bed early.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

Here is the actual video. I have no problem with Harrison. Things were handled bad on both the Steelers and his end to be honest. That happens sometimes.

He called out the coaching differences, which is fine. We all knew Tomlin was a players coach while Billichek was your disciplinarian. Hell he didn't start his star corner because they apparently didn't think he prepared enough.
    So one caters to the skill players and egos while the other doesn't.

As for Harrison stating that he doesn't like playing football, could someone post the video or quotes where he actually stated that?

21. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Did I miss something? I watched the entire video and didn't hear Harrison say a word about Tomlin.

22. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I believe it's the one. I know it was this interview. Possibly cut out even though the title certainly suggests it's talking about Tomlin.

Long story short, James says Billicheck is stricter with his players and he believes that is better.

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Pretty sure when a Head Coach can rival or best some Hall of Fame Head Coaches in terms of their winning percentage in their first eleven seasons does not equate to being average.

Then again, cue the proverbial "Cowher's Players" comment and discredit everything Tomlin has done. This raises two very intriguing questions;

Among the Tomlin detractors, if Head Coaches such as Mike McCarthy and Sean Payton are superior Head Coaches, why is it they have more losing seasons combined than Tomlin? For that matter, why is it that Tomlin's playoff woes get discussed in great detail but in comparison, such coaches like the aforementioned are often forgivable; defended even in some scenarios?

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It gets old after a while. And it's not just the Steelers. It's the whole AFC East not being able to field a competing team in the past 20 years, besides a few Ryan-led Jets teams about 10 years ago. Broncos and Ravens are the only AFC Teams who seem to play with any competence vs. Patriots. If it weren't for Broncos and Ravens, Patriots would represent AFC every year in the Super Bowl.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I would say McCarthy is the NFC Tomlin and he just had the luxury of having aaron rodgers and Brett Favre. Aaron himself is a guranteed playoff spot long as he's healthy. Payton is a great coach. They've had ups and downs but he had to start over after his regime when Brees first got there. And he has now built one of the top 5 teams in the nfl. Also to top it off the NFC has been far tougher than the AFC the last couple years