1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Traitor Harrison on Undisputed Today

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jul 19, 2018.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Harrison's retired now, so he can say what he wants in the media. Just like Ryan Clark, Bettis, Bradshaw et al. It sucks that he wants to take shots at Tomlin and the Steelers but if that's how he wants to present himself then so be it. Any former player dishing dirt on his former team always gets a lot of play by the media. So expect more I bet.
    Does it tarnish his Steeler legacy? I think it does to some degree, I don't want to remember that Super Bowl play being done by some jag off who is now bitter and talking trash. That's what sucks about the whole thing to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    But he clearly in his assessment on undisputed stated the difference of tolerance between what bb allows in comparison to Tomlin. Great as AB is that sideline tantrum he threw in the sideline and then filming the inside of the locker room would have had him a one way ticket out of ne. It's obvious bb is a no bs kind of coach in comparison to Tomlin so I dont think he would have pulled those same stunts in ne that he did here. They even sat butler because of his preparation for the sb. It's a different thing and then bill also has much more cache than Tomlin so maybe harrison ultimately has more respect than bb than Tomlin which was evident just by what he said today.

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He will be remembered in nfl lore though and most likely will reside in Canton one day with a gold jacket.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Yeah it was probably a culture shock going from the Beverly hillbillies to the hamptons

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I think already doug Pederson is better than Tomlin as well..

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    Again and I've said this before Andy Reid is much better than Tom Boy.. Where did Pederson learn from? Reid.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Sure, if by most disciplined you mean sticking to his plan of being insubordinate and getting thrown off the team.

Otherwise its a toss up between him, Bell and Mitchel who was the least disciplined.

8. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I hated the way James went out and he will never be thought of the same way by myself.

However I do like him calling out Tomlin. That is a real slap in the face that maybe wakes him up a little. Might be our saving grace....

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Look who's talking, you're a clown fan :rawk:.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Since Harrison wants to trash the Steelers I hope they don't invite him back for any type of ceremony?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I listened to him on 2 channels; he was more complimentary to the Steelers than he was negative. I think he just speaks his mind, whether it is good or bad, he just says what he thinks the truth is.

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't like that Deebo went to the patsies or how he went about it, but if w would be truthful with ourselves ... we would say, he's right. One reason, why I think coach Tomlin can't win the ' Big One" with this team ... is because this team wasnt picked or put together by him. It was put together by Colbert and he has to play with the cards in which he was dealt. Most winning teams take on the personality of the coach and is tailored to him ... but, not these steelers.

13. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    Woah nice comeback but no face palm? This is truly a miracle, we should celebrate this rare moment

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    Oh this is words of a scorned woman

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agreed.

16. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    He's upset because Tomlin promised him more playing time? I suspect he wasn't so much given a pinkie promise by Tomlin as being told what Tomlin's intentions were at the time. Circumstance changed so Tomlin adjusted his plans. I'm not saying Tomlin was right or wrong in how he used Harrison, but Harrison was unprofessional and acted like a spoiled child in his reaction.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Jerome Bettis has said of Bill Cowher, "He never fined us for anything. You came late, you never got fined. You never got reprimanded for anything."

Chuck Noll never became a light disciplinarian yet his 80's teams were mostly mediocre or worse.

The Steelers problem is the lack of adequate players on defense. At the moment they are like the Fouts era San Diego Chargers, capable of scoring 50 points in a game and capable of giving up 50. Poor drafting and personnel decisions will do that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Tomlin probably expected JH to get some playing time since they were starting a rookie TJ at ROLB, but TJ played at a high level for 16 games and stayed in the lineup which they loved, so TJ kept harrison off the field not tomlin........

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    In Tomlin's defense... he made the right choice. TJ Watt needed to be out there acquiring experience. Harrison has been in decline for several years now. Watt was a better option last year. Obviously.

20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah but he's not getting a crowd like Bettis. Troy is in two years. I was just thinking about that and how crazy it's going to be. Bettis was crazy but Troy!!? I might just go to Harrisons to boo like I will do his bffs Tom Shady and Belicheat.

21. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    captain-obvious.jpg

22. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Yea right. Harrison and AB were known as the hardest workers on the team. After low-character Tomlin didn't do what he promised James disconnected.

23. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Yea but I think JH was still a better option than Bud "do nothing" Dupree. But the team couldn't take the ego blow of admitting Bud was another bad draft pick.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Dude, what do you think James is talking about when he says undisciplined?

AB is the hardest working player on the team but that FB live **** is EXACTLY what JH is talking about. Mitchel running his mouth outside an opponents locker room is EXACTLY what JH is talking about. Bell talking about playing NE before defeating the Jags is EXACTLY what JH is talking about.

And guess what, JH sleeping in meetings, leaving the facility when his name isn't in the lineup and generally being a distraction is EXACTLY what he was talking about. Oh the irony.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1