1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Makes me sick.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by VTSteelerfan, Jul 18, 2018.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who’s getting guaranteed money at a normal job?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    That should cover his life supply of K cups for his office kuerig when he starts his 60k 9-5 job.

3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    There's never enough money for anyone. Bill gates i still finding ways to bring the money in. So is Jeff bezos...

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree but it was all that chance of him getting hurt. Conor had hands he just couldn't outbox floyd which we all knew but he caught him a couple times. Thing is floyd didnt have to go through all that but he did for? MONEY

5. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Athletes don't have "normal jobs" so.....

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Nether has ab nor any other player on our current roster besides ben. Guess the whole team shouldn't get paid.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    But this isnt a reasonable person. This is an nfl player who is harder to replace than your average Joe so therefore he has more leverage.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes a reasonable player would say that if Devonta Freeman got 8 million a year coming off a career year with a near SB win then a 3-4 million a year increase over that would be fine. I'd trust this storied franchise to take good care of me and do what is right and I can parlay those opportunities like winning a SB title into more lucrative business deals. I look at a stadium full of people that chant HEATH two years after Heath Miller is gone and say I want that, I want that feeling.

The unreasonable hard to replace guy who doesn't realize that he acted like a child right out of the gate by getting a drug bust and then didn't man up about it, who embarrassed the franchise, insisted he did nothing wrong got suspended again for his childish antics, has been shown time and time again all the patience in the world by the fan base, been more than compensated for all his talent, has embarrassed the team again by childish antics in holding out and posting videos of filling out job applications for Dairy Queen during his not signing the franchise tag business decision. That guy says its hard to be a hero in a town that casts him as the villain, he wants to get paid but not just paid he wants it all up front and a lot extra for being a dual threat and he is gonna make sure everyone knows he is doing it to prove his worth, to make sure we all know how much he is valued. Yeah that guy he isn't reasonable

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
  9. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    RB's are a dime a dozen. The average career span given the nature of the position is 6 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    you’re the one who asked the question.

11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Problem is the way the cap numbers work, they would have been hamstrung had they guaranteed him more with Bens next extension coming up as well as some other key pieces.

12. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    It really comes down to how much was guaranteed. That's really the bottom line, nothing else really matters. I think only the signing bonus and 1st year is guaranteed. I think that was the sticking point. Reportedly his signing bonus was only $10 mill. I could be wrong.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Some of you think Bell can do no wrong. He keeps moving the goal posts. Steelers aren't lowballing him ffs.

He's going to want 20 million next year. You're dipping into Bells stash if you think a team will pay him that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah but of the over 360 million people in this country, only 1700 of them are in the nfl... they have talents and qualities you simply cannot teach.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I like Freeman but leveon tbh is 2x the player he is and it wasnt like he was the reason they went and if he makes 8 million that should tell you what the zeke's, gurley's, leveons of the world should make. And he came of a career year for himself. That year he had wasnt even the best yr of a rb in the nfl that yr. Zeke as a rookie had a better year than him.

16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The point wasn't to compare the two, the point was Freeman was the highest paid running back and that came after a very successful season. Twice now Bell has been given offers that almost double the amount of the highest paid back. If you are looking to be set up for life and not have to work long after your 30th birthday then it is the logical move. If you are looking to be part of something bigger whole still having more money than most people can dream of then maybe it's not a strong move. Either way he can expect go make 35 to 45 million from someone next year and beyond that nothing is for sure.

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not the kind of money he wants. That is why Ben did get paid. :cool:

18. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    Does it look like I care how many people are here? Bell is getting old.

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Why should LB be paid more than those others? He didn't win a SB. He wasn't the leading RB in the league. So why should he make so much more guaranteed money than the rest? :cool:

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

He is not worth it.. Even if someone matches the Steelers offer its still too much for one player. Sorry.. No point in continuing this conversation because I wont change your mind and you most certainly will not change my opinion of Leveon Bell

• Like Like x 1
  21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Bell must have a great year to even attempt to get paid the problem is he will have more touches than Murray at that point . No Team will offer him a bigger contract next season.

His best chance to get paid is this season. The Team should pull the tag and just let him go see his real value . IMO Teams wont even match the Steelers offer. Then we can offer him even less if we want to even deal with him.

My stance would be you are all in get to camp or I would take the offer back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    he's damaged goods. if he had no injuries or drug suspension, and mirrored his 2014 season every year from then, then yeah sure he can demand what he wants.

problem is the eye test shows you he had a huge dropoff and he knows it. not the best RB anymore

23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The problem is he wants to be paid as a receiver, when the saints tagged jimmy graham for 7 mill as a TE he wanted receiver money which would have made his tag worth 12.5 M, he even went to arbitration to get his position redefined, of course he lost because the arbitrator determined that catching the ball is part of a TEnds job, same with bell, running backs duties include catching the football, these guys try to re define their position to get more money but their arguments to re define their position dont change the fact they are what their position says they are....

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly

25. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Bottom line to me about this gripe about guaranteed money is this.....

Bell has been suspended TWICE for drug policy violations
    Bell has ended his season TWICE due to injury
    He's only played for us for 1 complete season

There's NO WAY he should be looking for MORE guaranteed money than they are offering. 45m in 3 years with 33m guaranteed is a very generous offer for a RB/ in today's NFL.

BTW, I'm with Glenn, I don't get guaranteed money and I am the most critical person in my company and never failed a drug test (just ask me :roflmao:).

• Like Like x 1