1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jul 15, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    No disrespect but I'm pretty sure it's easier for your job to find another you than for the steelers to find another leveon..

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Someone is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them.

3. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Glenn..errrr..Ticket Master is number 1 in his company during the day and at night for his ticket analysis. I doubt leveon knows how to spell multi-task

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah probably, but what does that have to do with the topic of guaranteed money?

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s simply not true. That’s a really old and stupid saying that really makes little sense. Ever heard of over paying. That’s when you pay more than something’s worth.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I see the guy with the small brain got access to the internet again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    :lolol: I thought I was paying you a compliment. No matter- neither of us are in mid season form yet. It'll get entertaining between us soon

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah the backhanded compliment. I’m always in mid season form. Plus I stay ready so I don’t have to get ready.

9. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    So we should be expecting to see you on the box of wheaties next week?

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Had two bowls this morning.
    I’ll have to catch up with you later I’ve got to get to bed. Gotta get up at 4:00 am so I can go earn my non guaranteed paycheck. The I can ***** and moan about how expensive going to games are and how directv is a ripoff.

11. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    2 bowls. Throw some nails in there- make it look mean.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    But where is there a standard that says a player supposed to make what? Like I said once upon a team no player made over 10 million in a season and eventually someone did. The cap will continue to rise ana few years from 13 million will be the standard for RBS. Money is going up and not down. Its nothing showing anywhere an nfl player cant be paid whatever a team is willing to pay him in the confines of the hard salary cap. It is only considered a overpay if player doenst perform to the level he was initially thought upon to perform at before signing the deal. But you have no leg to stand on with that because you dont know how leveon will perform after he gets his money.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Lol no probably its actually true. And it has alot to do with it. They get guaranteed money because they have special and unique talents the average Joe of the street doesnt so therefore they are compensated much differently as they are a rarity.

14. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    Neat I get up at 4 for work too. Are we twins or brothers from another mother?

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The steelers brought this mess on themselves, as I said before they tagged bell they needed to avoid the exclusive tag and use the non exclusive

(nonexclusive franchise tag involves the same salary offer as an exclusive franchise tag, only the player can negotiate with other teams. The player’s current team can match any offer sheet. If the old team declines to match the offer, it gets two first-round picks from the other team as compensation. This is the more commonly used franchise tag)

This would have gave them better leverage to deal with this childish character, at the very worst he would still be where he is at now. At the very best we could match the offer or if not we would have got some high draft picks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You have a 401k don't you?

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nope I have a pension. A really good one. So does Bell. What I don’t have is a guaranteed salary.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

You do have a guarantee Glenn. I guarantee that if you don't show up for work you don't get paid. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think a 1-2 RB punch should do good. Ridley and Conner

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Be careful kiddie, there are big people on this board who actually are intelligent and have real jobs. Some of which have done very well. Don’t make thoughtless comments like “I’m pretty sure it’s easier for...”.

You are showing your youth and lack of experience. Learn from this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That's honestly just a fact.. I'm not doubting anyone intelligence or people with real jobs but I'm just saying athletes are in a different world and they simply have and do things you cant just find someone else and teach them how to do at their level or even close to their level. How could you teach someone to be 6'1 and to have freakish speed, athleticism, and dynamic ability?

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You all dont make sense. You one way say hey the steelers dont do things that way but then want to copy the rb style that has worked in ne's scheme for years and think everyone cant adopt that same scheme and would be successful. That was part of the problem why ne lost the sb. They had no consistent running game whatsoever. I can't wait to see Todd Gurley and Zeke be free agents too then since they are so easily replaceable.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    How did not having a consistent running game last sb hurt ne?

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Bell is very good. One of the best at his position. I don’t think anyone will really argue that. Bell makes us better.
    But come on, the amount of money he’s wanting is unreasonable. IMO the Steelers made a more than fair offer. Actually I’m surprised they stepped up as much as they did.
    Look at the way Bell has acted with his outbursts in social media and rap songs during these negotiations.
    Look at his injury history.
    Look at his issues with suspensions two years in a row.
    Why does anyone including Bell think he’s worth the kind of guaranteed money he was asking for.
    It’s unreasonable period.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1