1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I heard 5yr $70 million with $33 million guaranteed. I think they should of gave him $16 million a year and $35 guaranteed. I think Bell is our offense, but I guess the Steelers don’t agree. They better have a legit backup.

2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The only security NFL players have is the guaranteed money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wish I had some guaranteed money where I work.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I think we still pay Woodley about 8 million a year in guaranteed money!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    much ado about nothing, he has the security of a franchise tag, he can wait after the season to renegotiate, so gotta see how this season goes, Bell injured and not playing or plays and go deep in playoffs/superbowl, it was a roll of the dice/gamble Bell and his agent decided to play because of the security of the franchise tag, if Bell plays like he thinks he can play and have a decent season maybe even superbowl, hell have better leverage at the negotiating table, it was a gamble he and his agent took

6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If someone decides to pay him that (jets, Browns, whoever), and Bells agent isn't holding a gun to the head of the billionaire owner offering that, then he deserves the money. Your neighbor may think your boss is a dope for paying you what he pays you, but somehow I suspect you think you deserve it.

If Art II doesn't think Bell deserves the $14.5 mill tag, he's free to pull it. And Bell is generously giving him the next month to decide to do so.

7. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Or he can coast this year, not get injured and have some team like NYJ or Washington still throw crazy money at him??

That’s why this whole thing sucks and the FO should have ended this crap after last year. Drafted a RB in top 3 rounds and use James and player X as a committee then use the cap space for a couple LB pickups....

Now we are hamstrung and held hostage by what LB wants to do because we have no legitimate alternative option.

8. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    like I said before I think Bell liked that deal 5 years for .... but I think the negotiation ended with "if you think you are worth more than prove it" and Bell and his agent, knowing they have 14.5 in the mail (franchise tag) they decided to "prove it" and have a championship season, a gamble, we'll see

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe deserve wasn’t the right word. He’s not worth the money. JMO

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    I'm sorry, Le'Veon Bell is not worth 5 years $80million. He is obviously all about money & not committed to winning anything. This is the same guy who checked-out on us in the championship game against the Patriots ..& we Steeler nation suppose to mortgage our financial future with this guy??

11. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    In retaliation, don't be surprise if midway thru the season or when needed most Bell check-out on us by faking a mysterious injury ...you heard it here first

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Any other team with an o-line of our calibre already has a franchise rb, so if he goes elsewhere, he's gonna find nothing but stack fronts and no holes...... I say let him walk next yr and get the wake up call of his life...... we can then use him as an example to the next rb1 we have to renegotiate with

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    When Bell and Vince come off the books that gives us 16.5 mil.. You can buy one heck of a RB and a LB for that money.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    ... or draft a RB early and get 2 LBs or 1LB + 1CB in free agency. I have a feeling we're gonna need all the help we can get at LB after this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    True. Think about it. Unless he goes to a team where the QB is good enough to keep the defense honest, they are going to stack it up and Bell won't find any room to run.

16. Steelcitian

Sep 6, 2017
    or use DNA science to create one.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Hate to say it, but Green Bay Packers would be a nice fit for Bell. But they probably wouldn't cave to his outrageous contract demands. Packers run their organization similar to Steelers.

18. Steelcitian

Sep 6, 2017
    Aaron Rodgers hasn't shown that virtual belt celebration in a long time. I look for a video of it and look who its against.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    That is the perfect line curly Bill's " Well Bye" loved it a classic. Seeing all the bye to Bell comments I wanted to find a clip of that line but I am not that tech savy.

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    best how?

1. Kareem hunt 1327 rushing yards, 8 tds, 455 receiving yards, 4.9 ypc.
    2. Todd Gurley 1305 rushing yards, 13 tds 788 receiving yards, 4.7 ypc
    3. leveon bell 1291 rushing yards, 9 tds 655 receiving yards 4.0 ypc

I'm going to let the YPC number slide because teams adjust to the running attack and its normal for it to dip. Zeke Elliot's dipped to 4.1 ypc. But seriously, dude has 2 knee surgeries and everyone saw his burst was seriously hampered.

Remember 2014 when Bell put up great #'s and did not have 2 knee surgeries? Yeah, still wouldn't pay 14.5 lol.

He is worth like 11-12 at most imo. This team can and will do fine without him. My jersey be damned lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Thankfully he turned that down. We're talking about an idiot RB here, who has already lost a step. They should have let him go and added a vet RB or two. That was obvious 6 months ago. Too late now. Run the wheels off. At this point, we should only be looking for LB and RB early next draft anyway and will have FA money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    He wants more guaranteed money..... so when he fails his next p!ss test.... he'll have plenty of cash left over for more weeeeeeed. Come on man, if you have confidence in your abilities.... is there really a difference in guaranteed money..... when you are in the multi-millions?

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    he wants more guaranteed money because he knows his knees are gonna be toast soon

24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Where do you work?

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I work for a construction company.