1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jul 15, 2018.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It's a good thing. Whatever he was offered was too much, from a practical point of view. The Rooney's are forward-thinking people. I'm proud of them. It's a lucky thing.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Nope I will take him at face value. He Loves the Team. He Loves his Team Mates. He has a value he thinks is right.

The morale to this story is even with the Love his evaluation of his worth is simply to much . The bottom line is he Loves himself more than the Team more than his mates and more than the game .

Really no way to make a player with this mind set happy.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah he loves himself more and he should lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    No way Bell takes less. Zero chance. He will end up on a mediocre team with lots of money to spend.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If he was even considering that as an option, he would have said so while his agent was able to use it as leverage. You just want to do the sky is falling thing because the team didn't overpay for Bell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Seattle is mediocre?

7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Actually, yeah they are. This isnt the Seahawk team of 5 years ago. Why would Seattle over pay for Bell when they just used their first round pick on Penny?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not when you are a player on a Team . A very true old school view .There is no I in Team.

If asked to play for crap money then okay I can see the I am worth more approach ,but when the money is fair if you really love the team your mates and the game you put your hand in the pile .

Bell has proved he is not a Team player. To tie it up with a nice pink bow. Brady takes less so the Team can be stronger. Nobody has asked Bell to take less , the more is not even enough. F Bell and his type of attitude it's a real stain on the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Bell turned down another solid op and agree he is selfish..run with him for now and draft someone next yr..plyrs like brady have played their big contracts already and can afford to take less now..

10. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Hey, I`ll take a great 2018 season from Bell and see what happens after that.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Shannon would be wrong.....he does have a penchant for putting his mouth before his brain....

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Steelers offered 5 years 70 million and he turned it down lol

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Steelers offered 5 years 70 million and he turned it down lol

Nuts

14. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    [QUOTE
    ="FootballAnalyst98, post: 573738, member: 3015"]What if he deep down feels like he cant win in pitt?[/QUOTE "Cant Win" ...like everyone is picking on him?.....or cant win the big one??

15. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    More pertinent than ever: No long-term deal means Bell won't show for camp and will not be in football shape. Had we drafted a RB in round 1 or 2, this would be far less a problem. As things are now, Bell won't be really ready until week 4, and will hurt team chemistry all season long. Instead of taking a promising RB, we reached for a safety who would have been there in round 3-5. What a calamity.

16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Graham 2.0
    How's that working?

I'm glad he turned his nose up at a long term deal as I don't think he's got a very long term left in him. Already been injured, already been suspended, and the amount of touches he's amassed when available doesn't bode well for durability and it historically never has. He had a full season last year and his production dipped noticeably. Affected by the previous injury? affected by the training camp/pre season hold out? Affected by his growing me first attitude? Affected due to the amount of mileage being piled up?

Could be any and all of it and i doubt he's an anomaly that supersedes that magical number his positions workload has circled before presumed drop off. I hate to hurt anybody's feelings here but this dude is not a once in a generation type talent. He's an outstanding football player and heck he might even be special... However with a few question marks at such a young age he hardly seems 100% dependable.

They've already lost every playoff game he's missed or been in since he's been here against teams That seem to do fine without a supposed once in a lifetime talent in their backfield. There is no reason to believe the future is doomed when he's gone there just isn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Then he will go to NE on a team friendly deal :shrug:

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Am I the only one that looks forward to the day when this cancer is off the team?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    No

20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    It's not just you. I'm at the point where I wish we would just rescind the tag. I have a feeling we are headed for a Mike Wallace situation this season. The only thing Bell will be worried about this season is staying healthy for his 2019 payday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    This situation is ugly I can’t see this working out well.

I have never agreed that we should rescind the tag but maybe we should. Use the money on top players cut in August. I’m sure we could find a decent NFL proven back and linebacker

22. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Point on! Dead right with this analysis not saying he’s not valuable as a receiving RB but come on.

23. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    According to nfl.com the offer was 70 million for five years with it being 30 million a year for the next two. So he basically turned down 14 million a year. I'm sick of the "this is a business" excuse these athletes, and commentators, always use to justify this kind of insanity. 14 million is more than 95 percent of us will ever see in our lifetimes and to an out-of-touch-with-reality athlete its not good enough. Whatever. I'd rather have a lesser player who played with heart and wants to be here and win over a superstar who is only in it for the paychecks.

Anyone who believes his tweet about wanting to retire a Steeler is a sucker. He wants to retire a billionaire and the uniform doesn't matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Look ,we all knew this was probably gonna end this way.These kind of situations often do.They weren't that far apart. A smart man would factor in everything into his decision .Which would be working conditions, a wining program, fellow teammates, quality coaching, franchise stability ,tradition.....An immature punk would only think about the money...He will get his money next year from some dumb ass franchise who will break the bank for him .That's all he really cares about. Enough said,dont let the door hit you in the ass!!

25. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Idiot 5 year 70 mil with 30 guaranteed

Attached Files: