1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cowherd: Steelers win the division at 12-4

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 13, 2018.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Him coming from the blindside is going to be a huge help. His problem hasn’t been getting into the backfield. His problem is the QB sees him coming and takes one step up out of harms way. Now QBs are going to have to worry about his speed coming off the edge with their back turned. He does need to work on somethings for sure and seems to be. I really do believe if he has a healthy season he will have a breakout year

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I keep hearing well he is going to have a break out year. I want to see him an Tuitt do it for multiple

years, not just contract years,

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I wish I could like this more than once.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    As for Cowherd’s predictions... I think he’s spot on about the Browns and Bengals.

Ravens are very much an unknown force - could turn out good, could be so so. I’m tempted to think Flacco will underperform this year and then move on.

5. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    They also always lose one or two games to the dregs of the league. Would anyone be shocked if they lost the opener in Cleveland? I sure as hell wouldn't. Especially considering that they struggle with running QB's.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  6. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Road: Oakland, Denver, Jax, TB, NO, Bal, Cleveland. None of those seven road games are clear cut wins. They barely got by a worse Brown's team in the opener last season. I'm not even sure losing to them in the opener could be considered an " Upset".

Home: Carolina, Atlanta, LA, KC, NE, Baltimore, Cincy, Cleveland. I'll give them KC ( Own them), Cleveland, and Cincy as games they have an 80/20 shot of winning. The bolded? Very much 50/50.

Let's not forget how many backup QB's they beat ( Barely for most wins) last season. That schedule is brutal imo.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I did it for you. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I 100% agree with the skepticism.

In Oakland?!?!? When's the last time we won't there?

I think you are right. Those number of "best pass d " through 6? weeks was inflated.

However, I love the unknown. The steelers, through good coaching(faith), have an unknown element.

Who is the SS?
    Who is the FS?
    What's the fine package look like?

I think, call me out in 9 months, the steelers with employ a dominate 1st down idea. This tactic will put them in favorable 2nd and 3rds. They then can use the unknown ( dime) to win the 3rd down.

This will NOT work come playoffs but can get them to 12-4.

Playoffs are another projecttion on the current projections.

We can do that but that's a can of worms.

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Injuries are the big wildcard for all teams !Other than the devastating injury to Shazier(which I’m not downplaying and was huge) our starters were on the field more than almost every team in the league.If we can avoid the injury bug this year and just improve on the defensive side of the ball where we were a liability last year I can see us going deep in the playoffs and a shot at number seven. More points in the red zone is a must and we are totally capable.11-5 with a more difficult schedule than last year and the unlikely sweep of the division again isn’t going out on a limb with a much better outcome in the postseason!

10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Only time I want to face a backup qb is the super bowl and hopefully it’s not glennon lol

11. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Jesus if the season comes down to Bud freaking Dupree I might as well start getting ready for the 2019 Draft.....

12. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I think we go 11-5. But once again it will come down to NE in the playoffs more than likely. Can we get over the hump?? Probably not

13. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    NE won many games by small margins last season.

They aren’t the powerhouse they have been for the last 20 years. I think they’ll still do well, but cracks were showing last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Cowherds went on to say that the Pats lost a lot of players in off season and he can not see anyone in AFC other than steelers or pats representing AFC in sbl. Thinks jags are gonna take step back...... If tuit and heyward are healthy I think the defense will be fine. The key is getting out to a 2 score lead and then blitzing. I do not like this defense in close games. With this offense there is no reason to be in a lot of close games...

15. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012

Wut?

16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Give Le'Veon Bell 50% of all offensive snaps. Make him earn the 14.5 million he's scheduled to make.

And make him feel it for all the preseason BS drama.

Trust me you'll see his best as he's got his eyes on the free agent market and the benjamins $$$.

As for 12-4, it depends on our defensive play.

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Glennon and Brady have something in common... they both own the Steelers. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  18. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    This is a good point.

They've been able to use Dupree's strengths against him. I'm optimistic he's going to pull through this year with a big year. An obvious fan here pulling for him. Think the change to the weak side will utilize his strengths.

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Every year the Patriots are supposed to falter. And every year they make it to either the Super Bowl or at least the conference championship game.

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

The season will not come down to one player. Durpee is a big reason but he alone will not be the main reason. Factors like Health and execution also come into play here.

Much of this teams chances getting back to the big dance requires consistency from all three phases if the game. The issue has been the defense; namely the pass rush... or namely Dupree.

Dupree has to turn both the proverbial and literal corner this season as pressure solves so many issues with a defense.

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Notice how they did falter last season. Also, notice how Brady and company where not as dynamic as they have been the last 20 seasons.

Most importantly, notice the aspect of the defense in the fourth quarter last Super Bowl in comparison to the previous seven contests.

If the cracks were any indication in 2017, look for them to widen in 2018.

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

If that is the case then I am not letting Butler nor Porter off easy.

Why was this change not instituted last season with T.J. Watt?

Something is amiss here.

23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I'll believe it when I see it. What the Patriots lack in talent, they make up for it in coaching and preparation.

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Even when Belichick sabotaged the Patriots like they did last season? How about the "preperation" of not starting Malcolm Butler?

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think you're overly tough on the Steelers and exceptionally generous towards other teams talent. If any other team had the players the Steelers do on offense, you'd have that team winning 12 games easy.

They can do that this year. Reaching the SB will depend on how the defense shakes out.