1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cowherd: Steelers win the division at 12-4

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He actually says they will be the #1 seed in the AFC but I think he misspoke and just meant their division. Can't imagine Cowherd going against NE but does go on to say the Steelers have the most potent offense so maybe he did mean overall. Change of pace for him, usually bashes Pittsburgh.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Its really funny you facepalm so much for someone with your gift for predictions :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Come on, man. Do you really think the Steelers will luck up again this year and get backup QBs down the stretch? OK, we don't have to go against Winston in week 3... I'll give you that, but backup QBs on sub-.500 teams tend to do well against us. 13-3 was a mirage last year. 10-6... ceiling. 6-10... floor. Probably will be 9-7.

Edit: I love how Cowherd fawns over the offense, but doesn't say a thing about the train wreck defense.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Funny thing is no matter what the final record is you have given yourself wiggle room. So you can say this stuff again

6. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    The wiggle room you are referring to takes into consideration variables such as injuries to key players, whether defense improves, etc. Sorry, but I can't see any more than 10 wins this year.

7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    You said the same last year and were wrong but you try to downplay the wrong prediction with the back up QB''s and losing to inferior teams and the ever impressive NE beats the teams they are supposed to beat as a measuring stick. It doesn't matter if they had 13 quality wins or 10 lucked into wins. They don't have separate categories in the win column.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Depending on the discipline on the defensive side of the ball this team could go 13-3 and be the number 1 seed. If they are going with the organized chaos that they seem to be it could really work. The more the QB has to figure out presnap the better but if they don’t have the discipline to be where they are supposed to be it will go from organized chaos to just chaos. If McDonald stays healthy the offense is going to roll I’m not worried about that.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Shocking as this sounds, he is not too far off in his prediction.. with a big catch.

I can also see Pittsburgh being the number one seed as well. If last season was of any indication, then this season shall add further indication that Brady's "Midnight" is rapidly approaching. He does not have much longer as I see it; Belichick in New England doubly so.

As for Jacksonville, their defense is still in tact and they have a new weapon in D.J. Chark. Issue is, this team goes as far as Blake Bortles takes them. Personally, I believe Pittsburgh has made sufficient moves this offseason to effectively counter smashmouth based run teams like the Jaguars.

Now, the big catch? Bud Dupree NEEDS to have a great season for any of this to work. Should he fail, us fans are likely to be watching something else come next January to February. Not saying the team will not make it but a one and done scenario is likely should factors like Dupree and health hinder our chances.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If they Steelers come out this 16 game schedule with a 12-4 record, they will be poised and serious about a Super Bowl Run.

But, I've come to expect too many hiccups from winnable games that they seemingly give away every year.

I'm more expecting 10-6 or at best 11-5.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    13-3, 9-7, 7-9 it doesn't matter this year. Just don't get bounced in the playoffs, no one & done, make it to the AFC championship at the least.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Not ALL that much wiggle room, he's been saying 10-6 is the ceiling for 2018 for months. It's not like he's been saying they will have a record somewhere between 14-2 and 6-10. Now that would be pretty lame. My zone is between 9-7 and 11-5.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    if our D surprises watch out, they may have had a train wrecky end last season but got help where needed it SAFETIES, new imo more fundamental db coach, that solves a lot right there, and I agree a lot hinges on Dupree and play of Bostic and red, we also have depth at dl w Frazier, not selling the ranch that our defense is going to be bad next year, and if we play well defensively .... that could happen because the changes we. made this offseason

14. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Even if we make it to the AFCC game, and lose, Steeler fan is still going to call for Tomlin's head, more than ever. If we are obviously out-coached again by the Hoodie, fans will freak.

15. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    There is a line between coaching a good game in a losing effort to being an embarrassment.

Staying on Topic though. No matter the record it''ll be the same song and dance

16. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    0-16 just so we can out perform Cleveland's 0-16 parade that they had. Cleveland can never have anything on us.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    But he's not even the leading face palmer here

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I agree with your assessment. Our defense's success does heavily rely on Dupree getting it done. Problem is I just can't see him turning on a switch all of a sudden. I see 5 sacks and a lingering injury forthcoming lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Too much talent not to be atleast 11-5

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Yea, but we have coaching who supplies no discipline or ability to react game day whatsoever, and we have games vs. Jags, Broncos, Saints, Raiders, Pats, KC, Ravens twice, Falcons, Panthers and Chargers. That could easily lead to less than an 11-5 record.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Steeler fans will call for his head unless we win the SB ( Some will still want him gone). & yes he will get out-coached by belicheat but the players can procure the win. (Hopefully)

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Which is pretty lame. My wife could pick that. :huh:

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

All the more reason the Steelers are likely to search for someone during the final waivers of the Final 53 for the conclusion of the preseason.

No reason they should not. Behind Dupree and Watt, depth but not much else. Need a quality rotational piece go with either; an injury to both no less.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Is anyone else tired of the steelers fan harping on this Jacksonville thing?

I'm over it.

To say that jags were not good is a lie. They beat us twice. I would then suggest better then the steelers.
    We took the pats to the wire.
    The jags did the same for about 50 minutes.
    If you watched the game you know it was closer then the score.

Let it go.

A coach that has had 0 losing seasons.
    A coach that has won a SB.
    A coach that has made an under par talent D perform to viability.

There is 0 reasons why we shouldn't have been sub .500 a few years ago. The D was atrocious. However, we competed.

To suggest knowing the words spoken behind closed doors is not only paranoid but megalomaniacal.

Just remember to pass that to the left hand side.

Edit : 12-4

• Like Like x 4
  25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Jacksonville out Steelered the Steelers. They rode a tough opportunistic defense, a power run game and a QB who didn't turn the ball over to a solid season. Can't find fault in their game just wish it hadn't gone down the way it did.