1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Can our receivers get it done?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jul 10, 2018.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Are they good enough? Juju is hurting and dealing with dislocated a finger. Washington is still a rookie. McDonald can't put a string of games together. Gone are 68 catches. Can hunter help? Jesse had another 43 and 3 TDs, so that will be cut down. :cool:

2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes they can. DHB is still a great deep ball option.He can not be checked 1 on 1 Ben and him need to develop that 1 on 1 chemistry. Will DHB catch 6 or 7 balls a game ?Nope probably not , but he could catch 1 or 2 game changing balls a game Washington has the same type of Deep skills.

Let those guys create space for others not named AB he can create his own. Only so many defenders if Big Ben can get better at the deep ball everyone will be open.If I was the Coach we would spend mad practice time on the Deep ball Ben doesn't need a lot of work on other throws IMO.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I had almost forgotten about pvp’s man crush on mr hands of stone.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Its not player vs. players,it's PWP in full effect.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Yes they will be fine as long as brown does not get hurt....... JuJus finger is fine and that will not stop him anyway. Do not worry about offense, worry about defense...........

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    offense just needs to be better in capitalizing opportunities

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I wonder if Ben still has the arm strength to pull that off. It might be our only hope if dhb is supposed to be our savior

9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think so. It really depends on Washington and JuJu though IMO. We know AB will do AB things.... if JuJu can make himself a legit threat in one on one situations, the WR’s will have a big year. Washington won’t be seeing the other teams top options in the secondary, so he will have a chance to shine as well.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Smith-Schuster made plays even with Brown out of the lineup. I'm not worried about him as a No. 2 receiver. It's what comes after him that is the problem. Washington is a rookie and they seem to be assuming a lot from him. They are in trouble if they are counting any of the others to be more than a No. 4.

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think game 1 is going to be a shootout with Haley determined to put up 30 points a game against a pretty porous defense that he knows well. It won't be your typical low scoring game between these division rivals but rather a 60 + point total. Ben will be chucking it all over the place and the receivers will not be a concern.

Game 2 Vs. KC will be more difficult for the receivers in a lower scoring affair.

JMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    WR is the least of our worries.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I am baffled that anyone thinks WR is a concern...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Other than Brown, we need Juju to be healthy and have a great season. The rest of the receivers will work out somehow. If Juju has an injury plagued season, we are probably going nowhere IMO.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Recent history has shown, Steelers draft and develop WRs better than any other NFL team. Having a good QB also helps with development. Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Bryant, JuJu and chances are good Washington will be the next.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Sweet, Coates, Wheaton have also been here. DHB, Hamilton. We have had some clunkers too. I don't think the current group falls into that category. It will be interesting to watch DHB and what we decide to do with this position. What do we do with hunter? What do we do with Henderson? What do we do with Tucker? What do we do with Rogers? We have several others in camp too. How about Samuels? I'm not sure being a gunner, being a good blocker and being fast is enough for him to stay and risk losing some promising young talent to keep him around. Sure it would be nice to have him but...........:cool:

17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Mac I'm pretty sure that Eli Rogers is on the street rehabbing at the moment waiting for a call

18. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I think I'm far more worried about....

- LBs
    - CBs
    - back up RB
    - DT
    - depth OT
    - TE

That's all.

19. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    My concern is depth. If AB or JuJu go down we could be in trouble. Washington could be a star but also could be a dud. Hunter is Hunter same with DHB. Who knows maybe the QB from Georgia Tech will put it together this year as a WR. That would be awesome.

20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They have no one that's going to blow by a defender playing single man and fly through the defense when you're playing on your side of the 50.

That's what Bryant gave you. You had to put a guy over the top on him and play safe because he was that fast and had the wingspan. That lets AB and JuJu do their thing and get it done whether Bryant got the ball or not.

Washington is not a burner. He had a few long ones in college, but he's not "I will burn you at the NFL level" fast. He's also a rookie. So you have AB, JuJu and others to try and fill that third receiver role.

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Depends on the rehab. If he was right I figure we would have him here by now learning the offense.:cool:

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Hunter. MT challenged him to become a more complete receiver earlier this year. He's faster than Bryant. DHB is faster but...........:cool:

23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Hunter has had 4 years to do something and it's not like he hasn't been given a chance. At this point, DHB is what we have, but either one of them is not the threat needed to pull a man deep or get burned.

I keep going back to that Ravens game when Suggs got the int. Had Bell been in the game the Blitzer gets picked up and Bryant was wide open for a long TD because they had one guy on him.

Bell's best attribute is his pass blocking and the ability to get into the flat right now.

24. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Hey Bay has bad hands. He can scare Ds a little but they know even if he gets by, only 25% chance he will catch it. I hope he's never higher than 4th on the depth chart.

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    We didn't have a need for hunter last year. We do this year. They signed him back when they didn't have to this year. Without Bryant and Rogers there is a much bigger need for him to be used now in the 4 wide sets.:cool: