1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Mini-Camp 53-Roster Prediction

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Jun 27, 2018.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Silly at this time yes, but still fun.
    Also, I predict at Least one of you ain't gonna like it!!! LOL

QB-
    Big Ben
    Landry Jones
    Mason Randolph
    * Mason Supplants Dobbs. Jones is the Vet Back-up Tomlin likes for at least one more year.

RB-
    Bell
    Samuels
    Connor
    Ridley
    * Bells last year, we need this depth due to the likelyhood of injury come playoff time

FB
    Nix
    * Nuff said

TE
    McDonald
    Jesse James
    Grimble
    * for receiving they may add Samuels out there. For Blocking ,another OL.

OL-
    DD, Big Al, Pouncey,Gilbert, Foster, Finney, Feiler, Okorafor

WR-
    AB,JuJu,Washington, DHB, Tucker
    Keeping DHB for now for ST...... Tucker impresses and makes the roster

DL- Heyward,Tuitt, Hargrave , Alualu, Walton, Frazier

ILB- Dirty Red, V. Williams, Fort, Mathew Thomas
    Bostic Losses out to Red as starter And Fort as B/U

OLB-
    Watt, Dupree, Chickillo, Kieon Adams, Adeniyi,
    Adeniyi was a samll DE in college but man what a motor!! He'll soley play ST this year, get bigger a stronger and next year the youth movement ramps up.

CB-
    Burns, Hayden, HILTON, Sutton, Brian Allen
    *Sutton and Allen needs to show up. Coty is a wasted spot

Safety-
    Burnette, Davis, Edmunds, Berhe, Dangerfield

Berhe gets in due to ST...... Dangerfield Makes IT!!!!!

WR/KR/PR
    Quadree Henerson
    Tomlin does it again, the little fella can run

P-Berry
    K-Boswell
    LS- Canaday

Well, here it is

Cajun

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This foolishness again? Seriously, did Bostic deflower your little sister or something?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

Hmmm.....

My senses are beginning to tingle yet again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    If dirty Red beats out Bostic, you think Bostic takes V. Williams spot as starter?

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What happens to Marcus Allen?

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, atleast let us get into training camp to see what we got.

7. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I struggled with this one.The Safety room is a bit crowded. Burnette,Davis and Edmunds are locked in. Berhe experience and ST locks him in. Now its down to Allen vs. Dangerfield and I just don't see that happening this year. Allen to the PS 2018.

Cajun

8. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    If this is all you see coupled with a disgusting comment makes you irrelevant.

Cajun

9. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Yeah, its abit early but I can't help it.

10. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    No. Red and Williams will be the starters. If Bostics does make the 53 it'll be at Forts expense. I will have to wait and see him beat out Fort in the preseason before I believe it.

Cajun

11. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I would say that based on what you are looking at that they will have a heck of a secondary. Given that we have seen everything Dangerfield can do and he hasn't cracked the line up in a more permanent fashion in order for him to have beat out a guy they used a draft pick on Bradley will have been a wizard. So if he make Dangerfield that good by comparison guys with more talent will be incredible

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    We get it. You have a problem with Bostic. You have such a problem that you started this thread to push the same ridiculous point again. I made fun of your point because that is what it deserves. The Steelers signed Bostic to be a starter at inside linebacker. He is an average NFL starter, which puts him ahead of pretty much everything else the Steelers have at inside linebacker.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Thomas right now is the wild card. Vince is penciled in as the starter but they have turned the pencil over and are considering the eraser end.

Dangerfield? I don't see it. Golden and summers may even have something to say too. Both are more FS capable but I do see competition evolving for this last spot. I think the competition will be for the PS spot and Dangerfield is out of that I believe. :cool:

14. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Jordan made the 53 in 16'. Logged gameday snaps. In 17' it was looking like he was continuing to grow. In preseason he had two int's then pulled his groin. Went on IR then injury settlement, the steelers signed wasted wilcox. Dangerfield was signed back in january.
    If healthy along with his knowledge of this defense and unequalled desire and effort to become a Steeler, its hard to imagine him not beating out a 5th rd pick rookie.

Cajun

15. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I do like Malik Golden but the numbers are against him. Its also Davis' final year to show he can be an NFL safety. Berhe spot isnt gauranteed longterm either so if Malik and Allen represent themselves well in camp and Pre-season then things become less clearcut.

Vince, who I like, is as good as he's going to get. That is still a solid ILB but for how long? That's why I kept Thomas. To learn,grow,develop for the future and hopefully contribute now on ST.

Cajun

16. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    NO, you Don't get it!! This thread is about the WHOLE roster yet You focus only on Bostic. And your lack of acknowledgement of that and effort to " make fun of it" validates your irrelevance.

The Steelers did NOT sign Bostic to be the Starter but to compete for it.
    Yes, I made a previous thread focusing seemingly on Bostic but in reality it was a " Support Dirty Red " thread. Only one Member got it and that's ok. Many were critical and thats ok. Those who know me from the old board to thru the foundation of this board knows I'm a fan of the underdog, those who shouldn't make it but do. Deebo as an example. My favorite Steeler Rocky another. Currently its Dangerfield and Tyler Matakevich.

Cajun

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I appreciate the effort put forth in roster predictions, but there's too many variables that decide the outcome. Injuries to IR, undrafted free agents that come out of nowhere, veterans that get cut, last minute free agent/trade acquisitions like Haden... just to name a few.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  18. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    However you can.predict a 10-6 win/loss record without factoring in those variables as well as the same variables for the rest of the 31 teams? It seems strange

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, but that's a much easier prediction. :icon mrgreen:

20. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I think it will come down to what they see the position being. Allen was drafted as a downhill tackling inside the box type safety. He is more like Burnett and Edmonds. Dangerfield is more of that traditional coverage safety and that's his atrength. So to me if the are going this hybrid safety/linebacker route, Dangerfield will have to go the st route to make the roster.

21. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Its just fun stuff to do during these slow times. Helps to create discussion and learn more about some players.

Cajun

22. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Morgan is a SS. Edmunds & Allen are both LB/safety hybride types which puts them in the SS category. Davis is a SS who most likely may be converting to FS. Dangerfield is a FS as is Berhe.

We probably may see our defense use more Big nickel...... hybrid packages so maybe the last roster spot for safeties is a battle between Berhe and Dangerfield.

It seems the FS position is weak/inexperinced and needes watxhing closely in camp.

Cajun

23. Steellamb86

Steellamb86 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I appreciate the write-up Cajun. Good starter list to discuss. I do feel that Bostic makes the team and I am not sure if DHB makes it this year, but we will see.

24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I think one of the real wildcards in making the roster will be Samuels. If he demonstrate's real ability at blocking at the point of attack, soft hands, and any number of ball carrier skills does that allow them to roll with Mac and James at TE, Grimsley on the PS and have that extra roster spot to play with, be it safety, lb, wr or whatever.

25. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    There may be a chance....... Bostic makes the roster and I hated keeping DHB..... But DHB is a leader in the WR room... ST great and with his speed if he goes deep he must be accounted for even with his stone hands.

Cajun