1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant potential suspension lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelcityclash, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I said I wouldn't comment any more on the subject, but I will answer you for clarity (I didn't refuse to answer, I only pointed out that I didn't think it would change your opinion). We (law enforcement) know for a fact what someone is under the influence of when they are in an accident. We HAVE TO determine what the substance was that contributed. If it is alcohol it can be identified through blood, breath, or urine. If it is weed it is determined through their urine. Urine is collected and sent to a state lab where it is identified. In 22 years I have seen enough accidents caused by weed and weed alone to safely say you are not accurately describing the affects of marijuana. I never said a "myriad of cases", and I only used "wrapped around a telephone pole" to illustrate an example of something I have seen. I never put a number to it. That is you trying to exaggerate for affect. If that isn't good enough then I will use your own words to help you. You said earlier that most people under the influence of marijuana drive like little old ladies. It is not against the law to drive like a little old lady. It is against the law in every state to drive impaired whether it be alcohol, drugs, or any combination of the two. I hope this satisfies you!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    This is my problem too! Unfortunately, on rare occasions I see something non football related that I can't help but comment on. I have to remember that the odds of me changing someone's mind are slim and that no off topic subject brought up is worth a back and forth with someone on the internet (sometimes it is funny though). I need to remember I get on here for entertainment, football knowledge, and the members I enjoy and stick to that. *TTF I promise I will try to do better* Now I will go say 5 Hail Marys and 5 Our Fathers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm honored that my posts are riveting enough for someone to ignore me. I'm actually a boring, average, mostly-optimistic guy in real life. :lolol:

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I am against weed. 2 of my brothers smoke it daily, psychological and physiological dependence. if family has history of mental issues, believe me weed makes it worse. They smoke constantly, read up on conspiracy theories and condition the brain. They now think everyone/everything is against them and very irritable without weed.

Also had 2 friends crash because of it. Fell asleep at the wheel.

Then again I know a whole bunch of productive people that do it, I just don't want to hear about their philosophy on life now lol.

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I understand your objection to weed. But alcohol is a lot worse in the long run and it's been legal since the 30's...LOL. Any recreational drug is going to have more negatives than positives... that's the nature of the beast. I'd rather people be out driving stoned on weed.... than drunk on alcohol or texting while driving. It's silly that marijuana is schedule 1... while Oxycontin, Hydrocodone and Fentanyl continue to KILL thousands of more people than marijuana could ever dream of, but yet these opioid drugs are accepted in our society because they are prescribed by a doctor while big pharma makes big bucks. :facepalm:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Is it Watt Wack or Whacked Watt? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    oh most definitely. Alcohol is a killer. You don't get weed rage, deathly weed withdrawals, severely impaired driving on weed. I do know the oil is beneficial too.

Just providing anecdotal experiences with family members. aunts/uncles on my moms side smoke, my uncles on my dad side smokes and my brothers. Only 1 uncle that smokes has his head on straight, but his whole family is mentally messed up lol.

8. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    A lot of you seem to not get that a lot of messed up people bake, but it isn't the baking that makes them messed up. You haven't even considered that.

I'm done with this subject. No one learned a thing.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Wiser words I have never heard.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Down goes Glass Joe!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Flame baiting. Troll activity.

[​IMG]

12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    to be fair we all went off topic lmao

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm really surprised this went on for so long, but I guess I shouldn't be.

• Like Like x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Technically, you didn't "hear" them. You had to read them......

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You clearly didn't. You'd prefer to stick your head in the sand rather than learn that driving while stoned is dangerous as well as illegal.

I have no problem with people smoking marijuana. I don't, but I don't care if others do so as long as they don't endanger others. One way they do endanger others is by driving while stoned.

I'm not sure there was much to learn. Pretty much everybody else understand that driving while stoned is a bad idea. It's not quite as dangerous as driving drunk, but it absolutely causes accidents.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Back to the OP, it appears the suspension talk may have been inaccurate. Apparently he has not failed a test and has not missed a test.

Doobie doobie do.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wait...weren't the Raiders the one's who went to the press with this in the first place? Now 7 MB (message board) pages later we find out the truth? The Immaculate Deception! :facepalm:

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    But, according to one writer, it wasn’t “fake news”.

19. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Being baked actually makes most drivers drive safer.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
  21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The initial reports were false to Bryant failing or not showing up for a urine test. But, I could see him falling back into that situation ... without, a strong support group

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  23. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
  24. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Glen has nothing to add content wise, all he can do is troll. Sad, really.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Mad? No way bro!