1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Top ILBs in upcoming draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TarheelFlyer, Jun 20, 2018.

1. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Someone who is a draft guru, help educate me on who the guys are we should and could be looking at for this position in the next draft.

2. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    My favorite prospect next year..
    .Devin White!!!! -LSU

Others I’m keeping an eye on...

Josh Allen - Kentucky
    Tre Lamar - Clemson
    TJ Edwards - Wisconsin
    Devin Bush - Michigan (really like him as well)
    Jennings and Wilson - Alabama
    Cameron Smith - USC

3. Eddie Murray

Eddie Murray New Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Devin White
    Devin Bush
    Josh Allen
    and a darkhorse Dakota Allen - Texas Tech

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    What steelcityclash stated.

Best hope is Devin White. He is Myles Jack 2.0. An uber athlete who can flat out play.

If not him, if RaShaan Evans was any indication (the Steelers did indeed try to trade up for him) Josh Allen is the next best choice. He can play inside or outside but is far more of an athlete than RaShaan ever was.

Dark Horse though is without a doubt Devin Bush. He may not have prototypical height or size but he is every bit as athletic as you would want a linebacker.

5. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Why bother? You believe the Steelers know how to draft defensive talent?

6. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Well the way we’re playing, we have to have a better shot at picking a top prospect. You don’t have to know much about D to know white is a stud.

7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Maybe we can make a deal with Ozzie Newsome, he can make our defensive picks and we'll get him a few decent wr's for once.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I liked Cam Smith a ton last year as a later round guy but then he didn't come out so I am still on his bandwagon. I haven't seen him play this year as I don't get into college until much later in the season.

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

LIL late on that idea

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They use to be able to draft linebackers. They can't seem to draft db's in the order they usually draft, there is something
    wrong in the scouting department. Scouts are not watching enough film, talking to people. This really needs attention.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Going with a small school guy to monitor. Not a first rounder but may be a nice addition in the mid rounds.

Ulysses Gilbert out of Akron. On the smaller side but fast and athletic. Jatavis Brown also out of Akron is with the Chargers and is playing well, the Zips may produce another. Better suited to a 4-3 I'll admit, but you never know.

I watched some Dakota Allen, Texas Tech, today and he has done some nice things, but the guy cannot disengage from a blocker. I will have to see more at the end of the season.

I'm looking forward to tonights game of Clemson-Boston College. Some good defensive prospects there.

14. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    ILB Germaine Pratt, 6' 2", 241 lbs, 4.68, 49 tckls, 4.5 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 1 PBU, former FS, North Carolina State

ILB Te'Von Coney, 6', 231 lbs, 4.60, 56 tckls, 1 sack, 5.5 TFL, 1 int, 2 PBU, Notre Dame

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I have been trying to keep an eye on Pratt, but NC State's games haven't been meshing with my schedule. I watched 2 games of his from 2017 and didn't come away too impressed. But for the life of me, I can't remember what I didn't like. I want to say he seemed stiff for a guy who was supposed to be one of the better athletes at the position, but I can't say for sure if that was it. Maybe this year he is doing better. Don't think he's a first rounder, but maybe in that 2-3 range which is fine too.

Coney intrigues me, but I haven't seen any ND games. Maybe @Blast Furnace could give us the run down, he's a golden domer fan IIRC.

16. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018

2nd or 3rd round sounds right for both of them. I just added their names because all of the other top ILB's have already been posted.

We have capable ILB's, we need one or two guys with real speed.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Would love if the Steelers draft him. This years Vander Esch for me. Really wish Dallas hadn't taken him, he's playing exactly how I thought he would.

If Coneys stock doesn't start in the first rd I bet it will be by the time the draft rolls around. Solid tackler, really squares people up, good range, not blazing fast like Shazier but still a good sideline to sideline LB.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I will have to keep my eyes on Coney as Cuse puts a beating on ND.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Pffth, please :rolleyes: :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Go Cuse!!!!!!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

For the record I am not really a college football fan, yeah I watch a little but I don't have a favorite team. I watch more come bowls and conference championships. I also am not a ND fan so I do root against them most of the times. My kids are big Cuse fans and living close I kinda like rooting for them.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Just curious, if you aren't a college fan, how do you have a team you don't like???

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I get into college during the playoffs/bowl season. So while I am not a college fan I go watch a lot at the end of the year. Also live fairly close to Cuse I go to a game or two now and then. It is hard to not know much about college as it feels like all the show I listen to on my drive in to work and back talk about it. I use to be a big Mike and Mike fan and Golic is a ND guy so he talked a ton about it. My dislike for ND come from the fact they are independent and imo should not be able to play in the playoffs if they don't join a conference. Don't get me wrong I am no expert on the whole college thing I just don't like this fact about them and root against them as much as I can. :thumbs_up:

With that said........Go Cuse!!!!!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Yeah, Golic and his son both played at ND. I'm not a big college fan either but my best friend is a huge ND fan, thats how I got into them.

I suppose you hated the movie, Rudy :lolol:

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Blast that is what is so cool you and I are very similar, I have friends who are PSU fans and I actually watched a few games with them this year at our camp. Of course there were fried Turkeys and lots of beers so that helped too, lol.

For the record I liked the movie Rudy and also the movie Invincible and I don't like the Eagles.......:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1