1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This says we're a top 10 D

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Yes.

Defense already received a massive boost with the release of players like Mike Mitchell and William Gay. T.J. Watt and Bud Dupree will return to their natural linebacking spots. Tuitt is healthy and Heyward is likely to see double digit sacks yet again. Sans Shazier, the front seven is set as I see it.

Most importantly, the most plauged spot of the defense for many years, the secondary, finally has some serious talent. Add a coach with a penchant for critiquing yet teaching the fundementals and principles and we could possibly be looking at arguably the defense's greatest strength.

Missing Shazier is going to hurt no doubt, but as I stated about him, debated with you and others and praised him, Terrell Edmunds will mitigate that in more ways than one realizes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Better get to the QB or we're not even close.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We led the league in that part of the game last year. Add a better back end to that with players and coaching and we should be pretty good against the pass. :cool:

5. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Last year once Shaz got hurt we arguably had the worst run D in the NFL. We signed Bostic and drafted a Saftey. I mean if that makes a huge difference in run D I suppose I know nothing about football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I hate being that guy but 19 sacks from Cleveland and Houston, and a whopping 0 sacks when it mattered most.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    who am I kidding, I kinda like it :cool:

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Shouldn't we have a shot even if we aren't with the offense we have? I mean one can twist the outcome of any game we played last year, but at the end of the day we were in every game we played. I do realize we made some pretty big holes to climb out of be we were there. Any improvement on defense should be an added bonus. This is a round a bout way of saying I agree!

9. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    You're right: We were in every game even with the soft D at the end. But, I just don't recall any team winning a ring with as soft as our D was down the stretch. We were 31st in giving up rushing yards per rush once Shaz was out. We just got to be better than that, in my opinion. But I think we will be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    All I can say is I hope you're right on TE. We are desperate for a playmaker on D. Davis and Dupree have fallen short, Shaz is gone, Williams is OK...Burns is so so.