1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant potential suspension lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelcityclash, Jun 15, 2018.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently the are growing weed in Pennsylvania.

Last year someone carved out the middle of one of the cornfields on my property and replanted it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Oh, and do you actually think you can get baked by sitting next to someone who is burning? Dude, let's just say you are far from informed on this subject.[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I know you can! And I'm not your "Dude"

• Like Like x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    But, apparently you are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow, you come up with a reference from 1936?????

5. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Drink responsibly. Smoke responsibly. period. Be accountable and responsible, Martavis has no one to blame but himself if the suspension rumors are true.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Right, was just pointing out that someone with experience and knowledge was weighing in.

What's your background?

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It's not just this subject.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe he will accept the CDC as a source?

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/pdf/marijuana-driving-508.pdf

Perhaps Cannabissupport.com is a source more to his liking?

https://cannabissupport.com.au/stoned-driving/driving-fast-facts/

Marijuana impairs reflexes, coordination, judgement and perception. Those are all things that we need to drive safely. To suggest that marijuana doesn't cause automobile accidents is a dangerously uninformed opinion. I'm glad you and jim are trying to set him straight.

Sorry for adding to the tangent, but some stuff is just too wrong to let it stand.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    There's been a fair bit of debate here about the merits or lack thereof in the NFLs substance policy and how it pertains to Matavis bryant. Let's set aside that the Players association can negotiate this differently, but probably won't to chase salary.

But let's play the hypothetical. Suppose the NFL policy didn't test for weed, would this have made a difference for Matavis Bryant? I'll argue no. He'd be a head case anyway. He'd complain that he wasn't being treated like a #1 WR. He was benched a game for insubordination last year, while clean. I fail to see how allowing him to smoke more weed without concern about testing, would have improved his attitude or work ethic. His being a dink is the issue, with or without weed.

Had he never been suspended, he'd still be a dumbass, with an inflated sense of worth, with a contract coming up. In that case, he's probably traded during last yrs draft

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well, he sure got it right 2 posts above.

11. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yes, I know you can! And I'm not your "Dude"[/QUOTE]
    Really you can’t though. Much like nicotine something like 99% of the THC is absorbed into the lungs when it’s inhaled. Now if you were in a place where they were just filling the air with fresh pot smoke then yes you would get a high from that but that’s a totally different circumstance. If the whole contact High thing wasnt. busted awhile ago every single athlete would use it. Most people think they got a contact high due to either the effect where they think they got it so they got or are just tired, eyes red and burning from smoke, or just out partying too long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I was quite pleased when they traded him away. Plus the fact he did not have a future with the Steelers. James Washington will be a more complete talent without all the baggage.

The Steelers did their due diligence trying to help. He has mental health issues which does include addiction. It's no surprise he failed again. And it was no surprise they traded him away.

Hope he gets the help he needs but it's really up to the person in the mirror to totally let go and except the help without reservations.

13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :wave:

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Funny, I never said whether I agree or disagree with legalization. Your quickness to judge and mock are the only things that compare to a gnats fart. Is that something you study and have knowledge of? I'm not judging if gnat's farts are your thing, I'm just glad you have a hobby beyond your obsession with the Patriots.

15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Really you can’t though. Much like nicotine something like 99% of the THC is absorbed into the lungs when it’s inhaled. Now if you were in a place where they were just filling the air with fresh pot smoke then yes you would get a high from that but that’s a totally different circumstance. If the whole contact High thing wasnt. busted awhile ago every single athlete would use it. Most people think they got a contact high due to either the effect where they think they got it so they got or are just tired, eyes red and burning from smoke, or just out partying too long.[/QUOTE]
    Uh huh. Since you don't know my circumstances, you have no idea what I know and don't know, doctor

16. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Will it matter if I answer honestly or not. You claim to already know the answer. How will my honest answer change your opinion? Besides, I answered honestly when I made my first reply. You have twice now debunked it. I'm sure the third time of me telling you what I know as fact will surely change your mind. If you want honesty, I really don't care either way if marijuana is legalized or not because you are right in that there isn't a lot of difference in the use and abuse of it or alcohol. Mainly, I was pointing out that what you say about weed isn't exactly accurate (but it is edgy and cool) and that you have no idea what I know. I don't mind what your stance is on anything, but I don't appreciate being told I'm wrong when I'm not. I'm not stating an opinion...I'm stating fact. Essentially, I'm not responding because of anyone's stance on this or any other subject, so this will be my last response on the subject. Besides, I have big Pharma waiting for me in a conference room. We have to figure a new way for law enforcement to screw over the public now that weed is starting to be legalized. I'm suggesting the use of cell phones but pharma can't figure out how it will help them?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, you really keep sticking your foot in your mouth. Show me where I claimed to be an authority on everything. I've never claimed to be an authority on anything. I only stated my experience on this subject. I do see an agenda creeping through in your post though. You don't like law enforcement, cool, not everyone does, but don't go out of your way to mask it on a message board. Either way, I will keep my responses to you football related only.

18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I like law enforcement. I have family who work in law enforcement. Good people. :cool:

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yes, I am obsessed with the Patriots because I want the Steelers to go to the Super Bowl every year like they do. I envy the Patriots... and I want the Steelers to obtain year in and year out what they do. We've been over this. No team does less with more than the Pittsburgh Steelers. No team does more with less than the New England Patriots. And that's a fact.

20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Canada legalized marijuana nationwide yesterday. :applaud:

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Why not, it's going to be legal here if the president would cancel it on schedule A of the most dangerous drugs, Nixon put it on sched A and a stroke of the pen can take it off, but he's too busy storing kids at the border to actually do something thats productive.....

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Remember when we talked about the Steelers here?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    "CDC.gov?" You mean the same "govt" that's in bed with big pharma who is fearful of the plant because it does a better job at providing relief than their poisons? Yea, I am sure you can trust whatever they tell you. Govt would never try to deceive you.

25. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    So why do you blab on a message board?