1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What Would Make You Stop Cheering For The Steelers?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers89, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My cousin passed away and the funeral/wake was on a Saturday. Steelers were playing that day. My wife and I were in the adjoining bar watching the game with my uncle, my cousins dad.

2. Griswald

Griswald Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    I did quit...50 years of NFL fandom gone.

When Godell is replaced and his SJW influence is out of football, I might return.

Until then, I will still hope the Steelers win and still keep up with the team without giving one more dime to the NFL.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Whatever funeral home you were at that has an adjoining bar is where I would like to be laid out! :drinks:

4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    He was terrible with the Jets, except for when he played us. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    True story. In 1995, my high-school best friend was killed in a really bad car accident. His first viewing was right at kick off of the Steelers vs Bears. I went to the funeral home 45 minutes early and spent time with family, whom I was close with. When I explained to them that I had to cut out early for the game my friends Mom said knowing me she figured as much, and that Dean would understand. NOD lit up the Bears that night and the Steelers won in Dean's honor.

I did attend the rest of the viewings in full and was a pallbearer at the funeral. Dean was buried with a terrible towel and plenty of Penguin stuff. Still miss that dude.

6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I didn't compare the two, I just made a general point.

7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I was thinking of initiating a "Ban Kaepernick" campaign for being a melodramatic drama queen. And people think Ben is bad.

I wouldn't ban the Steelers, but I'd be booing this guy off the stage. Him and all those that think the football field is a platform to make their political statements.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Are you OK with guys who point skyward after scoring a TD or give interviews saying that God wanted them to take his message to a bigger stage? Because using a football game to bring attention to a social injustice is just wrong but using it to force feed people the message the invisible angry man in the sky spoke to you in a dream that only you could hear is totally acceptable.

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Mason Rudolph ...the next generation. Roethlisberger is Captain Kirk... Rudolph will be Picard. Steelers are in good hands.

10. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Endlessly agree. I'm not a Steelers fan, I'm a PITTSBURGH Steelers fan. Most fans like myself look at the team they grew up supporting as a reflection of the city and region they hail from.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.