1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Has A Problem

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If this happens.

AB was one of the players who wanted to kneel last season. Not sure he's willing to go this far for Kap and Reid, though.

How many big name stars will do this? If this isn't a bluff, will hurt the league bad.

I'm surprised the Jets haven't signed these guys, could use them both.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    More dummies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What is it about free market capitalism that these guys don't understand? If the owners feel that a certain player brings too much baggage and could potentially damage their brand, they have every right not to sign that player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Team has that right but I'm not a fan of people being blackballed.

Anyway, that's not the direction I want this thread to go. 25% of the players is significant, would any be from the Steelers? I think they'd be pretty much unaffected, lot of rookies still trying to cut their teeth. Bens not going to do it, AB? No boomin business, can't see it. Bell maybe, he's looking for an excuse to sit out but I think he'll want to have a good season for his big payday. Pouncey won't, he's against kneeling. Tuitt? Heyward? Doubtful.

Tough time for the NFL, viewership down last year, new Anthem rule is unpopular with the other half of the fanbase, 25% of stars sit out, could be a league killer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I am not 100% sold on the facet that any Steeler players would enact on this. Granted, one can point out the "Chicago Crisis" but I believe said incident transpired due to miscommunication.

Regarding the rest of the league though, it is entirely possible we see entire teams not on the field. I would not be surprised even if we observe such an incident sooner rather than later.

To say this is not going to carry on beyond 2019 is incorrect though for certain. This issue is sadly going to be among all those who spectate and participate in the NFL for some time.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The games still would be played. The owners still will make income. Players will loose salary. Brilliant plan.

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Don't they already have a mediocre QB and a problem child?

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Wouldnt this be considered by the league as an illegal strike????

9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    LOLOLOLOLOL
    Ain't happening.
    Period.
    End of discussion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Soon, instead of the game we will be reduced to re-watching threads where RPO and PWP went at each other, and other TTF Classics.

11. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Glad the Brooklyn Dodgers thought otherwise.

Then history has proved them morally right and correct. Plus, they went to a bunch of championships and earned a title. The rest of the league followed suit. Some begrudgingly and others not so much.

History has also proven that protesting the expansion of equality and freedom for civil rights has ALWAYS been correct. Every time. This is no different.

PS - Pro football integrated the year before MLB.

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I personally don't want to deal with that stuff while I'm trying to enjoy my football.
    Can't we just do football and these guys who want to protest go down to the park with a bunch of their friends and protest?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Play players that want to play. There are plenty of guys that would be willing to play and field a team that are still very good football players. Let them sit and good luck with your new jobs.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't believe that there is a single NFL player who would give up a year of their career and the money that comes with it to do this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If a player wants to sit out wants lose a years pay, not sure what can be done about it.

Key words are star players. Fantasy football is a huge part of the game too, no stars effects that greatly also. Bobby Biz can laugh all he wants but if they follow through with this, its going to hurt their product.

17. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    I hope they sit out and the NFL season ahead without them. They won't be missed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    There will just be new stars, just like is done every year. It's not like every star player is going to sit out. New players are integrated in the league every year and they become the next stars. Look at college ball, they have huge turnovers in players and it has huge revenue's. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't believe they will sit out, but I dont think its impossible for them to do it.

You're wrong that they won't be missed if they do.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    How many star players are there Mac? We're not talking punters. You guys are crazy to think this wouldn't hurt them.

21. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    These guys don't have the power they think they have. If they want to sit then let them sit and not get paid. They will be missed, just like Brett Favre was missed until Aaron Rodgers won the Packers a super bowl.

There's always another guy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I really miss Drew Bledsoe!

23. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Well, Kaepernick and the other players don't "personally" want other people who look like them have to die disproportionately at the hands of authority more than people of my reflection.

I personally think their protest trumps the stuff you would like to deal with on Sunday. I also not only think, but know, that them taing a knee distracts or changes a single thing about the game. Passively taking a humble knee could not be more respectful of a silent, minute-long protest.

The people who are really making it an issue and a big deal out of it are misguided reactors twisting one meaning for another. I personally think those clutching their pearls over the players actions have tried to dredge up a patriotic/veterans topic to distract because they know that's a cause that can't be beat. They really just don't like black people protesting anywhere, about anything, in any way. EVER! Never have and never will.

They didn't like the white freedom riders in the 60's standing up either. They had cute "loving" nick names for people that share my personal sensibilities. But they were wrong then and those opposing the players now are now. It's the same story in a different era.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  24. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    **If** they were to pull such a stunt, it would only last as long as it takes them to realize that the pay isn't coming in anymore. Miss a game check or two and that will be the end of it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  25. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Colin Kaepernick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.