1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So much for.......

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 27, 2018.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Our defensive heavy drafting early. I like our draft so far but now it's time to dig deep and rely on our scouts due diligence.:cool:

2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    If only Phillips had been available when we took that turnstile. Oh, wait...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Turnstile is the perfect name for him lol. I just read several scouting reports and watched his games against Ohio state and Michigan state. He's the offensive version of Daniel Mcullers. Should be dominant but soft as a pillow.

4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    You'd think by now teams would stop early round drafting of extreme size/speed/fancy-stats/whatever when it isn't accompanied by anything else. This is football. If you don't have a big motor, a want-to, a will to win, you're worthless. You can fix technique, you can teach scheme, but you can't change lazy, stupid, dereliction, and so on. How many Mike Adams types do they need to waste picks on before they figure this out?

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Its been unexpected for sure but I dont think in a bad way.

Not in love with the last pick but if you look at the big board, who was there? Settle and Hurst, neither of which helps us immediately either. Isnt that the big gripe about our picks so far? Could have double dipped at safety, 3 of them I really liked were there but how many are we going to stuff in the back field?

Would have loved Griffin but that too would have been seen as a big reach. We have an early 5th, hoping he makes it until then.

Or I wonder if they trade up to the 4th?

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I like our draft. I was one of the few that thought we needed some o-linemen help in this but didn't expect it in the 3 Rd. A few of these guys we have are aging. Hubbard isn't going to be easy to replace so we did need another tackle. I think they liked the kid from Pitt too but..... A lot of linemen were being taken so we jumped I think. :cool:

7. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    hahahh Mike Adams... run like heck :nomnom:.... :th thgoodpost:

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Phillips?

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I'll wait to see what munch can do with him.:cool:

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Talk about reaching, 3 rounds early for a soft CB. A reach AND cant help us immediately. 2 things people have been griping about all draft.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not a fan of this draft at all, in the playoff loss to Jax the offense scored 42 points. The defense on the other hand gave up 38 points :facepalm:, there's no way to justify using 3 of the first 4 picks on offense.

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Take it easy Francis. I was talking about Harrison Phillips.....

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well dont be so freaking lazy next time!!!

Kidding. Thought he went already but not a fan anyway. Would have liked that less than Okorafor.

Seeing as how things played out, I would have much preferred Griffin there.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    New OC. No Bryant. No Eli. Conner with a rehabbing wheel. No Hubbard. Bell not yet signed and brooding. Ben another year older. Foster, shoulder surgery and another year older. Loss of our longtime WR coach. Many things change from that game. It will be a newer version, so people have to quit referring to last year's team as the same and expecting the same results. :cool: