1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant Gone

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Danthesteelersman, Apr 26, 2018.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    There will be better receivers in the second than Brown, Chark and Miller more upside.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am glad the Steelers removed at least one headache from the locker room. But MB was looking really good at the end of the year. If he continues to stay clean I think he could break out in Oakland.

I think the Steelers need to double down on receiver in this draft. We have no depth at all now. We may even need to add a FA that get cur after June 1. Dez Bryant anyone???? J/K lol

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I have no problem with the return. Given Bryant's history of suspensions, the 79th pick is fine.

I have a serious problem with making the current team weaker. The window to win a championship is very limited and likely closes when Roethlisberger retires. There is no question the Steelers would be better off with Bryant for the 2018 season than they will be without him. None. If you are arguing otherwise, please just stop the silliness.

Bryant made some huge plays last season. It took him a while to get back up to speed, but he is an explosive threat the defense has to account for. At the very least, he makes it harder to double Brown and Smith-Schuster. At best, he could put it all together and be a beast for them. Sure, the Steelers added a pick, but they also added a hole they now must address. Hunter is fine as a No. 4 receiver, but he's not a No. 3.

As somebody else already pointed out, the Steelers got worse last night. They hurt the offense and wasted their first-round pick on a player who should have gone in the third round.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I was always a big MB fan, and the return isn't worth the talent, but when you roll in all the other baggage, I'm good with this. I'm sure we'll add a WR in this draft and nobody is better at recognizing WR potential. Also, I like Justin Hunter a lot and DHB has been a good roll player.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Fill Eli's spot with Miller and Bryant's with hunter and we are golden. McDonald and Bell add just as much firepower and maybe more to what we fielded last year. Bryant was not near what he was prior to the year off. Can he get back? Maybe, but we haven't lost much scribe. Hunter is still a mismatch with our other WRs. McDonald and Bell add to that. They have to cover with LBers or safeties and we win in those situations. I think fichtner will exploit what our offense brings by mismatches. :cool:

6. Member 3068

Member 3068 Guest

I think our Steelers know what they're doing...I have absolute faith in AB n Juju.....raiders 3rd rounder..they suck..thinking we worked up...jus' sayin'

7. Member 3068

Member 3068 Guest

I mean really...look at our draft history...not worried...

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I think the trade was good for us and the raiders as well as a change of scenery for MB and a fresh start, gruden will probably give him a 2 year contract for about 5 M to make him happy and they have a receiver in MB who can do what gruden wants, a player who can stretch the field, it's a win win for all involved....

9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Being the 3rd wr, he was good for depth. But, he didn’t get the snap count others got. I presume this to be because others were better in the slot than he. Typically, that’s the role for #3. This gives Eli more snaps. Along with whomever they draft.

Let’s be honest, offense is not the issue

10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    St Brown is a tough evaluation. Notre Dame QB was so terrible. I think he's undervalued but yes like you I prefer your options as well.

11. EddieMurray33

EddieMurray33 Active Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Take that extra pic in Round 3 and trade up to get Josh Jackson in Round 2. You’re looking at the next Patrick Peterson.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Technically the team is weaker offensively today than yesterday but fortunately the season doesnt start tomorrow.

Does anyone really think that if they draft another receiver that does as well as JuJu that we are still a worse team without Bryant? Really? And sending Bryant packing doesn't change their draft strategy, it was likely on the menu anyway because Bryant was in his last season here. They will only be weaker offensively if they swing and miss on a WR. I feel pretty good given their track record at drafting them.

I like that Bryant put his head down and just worked hard after being benched and his play was rounding back into form at the end of the year but his situation was real volatile. The team is now minus Mitchel and Bryant, two distractions last season. As far as I know, that leaves Bell. He'll be gone after next year too.

They are clearly emphasizing high character guys, which Edmunds definitely is. Hes a very good football player and great athlete to boot.

Theres a lot that goes into building a championship caliber team.

13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Only 1 ball to share to many mouths to feed can be a bad thing for Team unity . I hope we use that pick to keep changing the Defense .

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Equanimeous St. Brown - WR

That name alone will win a NFL team at least 1 Lombardi. Most badass name since Antwaan Randle El.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I like this kid too.

16. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    I posted about Martavis Bryant yesterday, at 4:27pm, over 3 hours BEFORE the draft... the Raiders are painfully predictable.

17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Good call

18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Everybody keeps saying Hunter...Based on what.Didn't do anything last year, or the last few years...Or really ever...Everyones like " We'll be fine, we'll just plug in Hunter"...The only similarity Hunter has with Bryant is height and build

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No he's not, he's a zone CB who is slow.

20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Makes you wonder if the Steeler's know something that Chucky doesn't? :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sammie Coates is currently available isn't he?

22. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'll bet that MB either fails a drug test or is on the bench in Grudens dog house by Halloween. Steelers fleeced the Raiders on this,

23. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    this is a steal even if MB is great for the raiders
    remember what we got for Santonio - 5th round

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. xplatformjedi

xplatformjedi Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2015

This...by a lot.

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe even worse I think it was 6th and Santonio was a superbowl MVP

so this Tells me the Steelers won't put up with these wake and bake stooges.