1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome To The Steelers Terrell Edmunds

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 26, 2018.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    A bit of a surprise there. Shazier could have said anyone's name and I would have been happy, though. :D

Kid screams hybrid, and I'm sure the Steelers love his versatility.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Mike Tomlin said Terrell Edmunds can play multiple positions, from free/strong safety to sub package linebacker. "A number of things on the menu" for him, Tomlin said. Checks all boxes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Gonna be a bad egg and sit here with my arms crossed. Don't like it don't like it don't like it.

Really really hope I'm proven wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I did say I wanted a bigger safety type to help replace Shazier. Don't hate the player, hate the spot.

Feels like bad value, and a missed opportunity to trade back and still get him.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Great pick as I see it. Had him going in the Second Round myself (more on this in my closing statement). High character and humble also bonuses.

He fits the Steeler mold to the "T". Insane levels of athletic ability with the versatility to match. His no nonsense, hard hitting style will fit perfectly with what we need.

Before I conclude, I leave all of you with this:

Out of 260+ prospects who receive a draft grade, only 20 at most receive a Round One Grade by the NFL Draft Advisory Board. This means that, going by the law of averages here, only 7.69% of them are worthy of First Round Consideration. After that, it is all of what many of you have heard; the proverbial "Boom or Bust" prospect.

That being said, Terell has not even played a down yet and Tom Bradley has not coached him either; Tomlin nor Butler no less. As such;

R-E-L-A-X. Keep calm and enjoy the rest of the draft. Plenty of talent that some of us like to choose from yet. :drinks:

• Like Like x 3
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I know nothing about him but still think he can be a 10 time Probowler with us and 2X SB MVP!:herewego:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Hated hearing "project."

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Malik Jefferson will here his name called by us before the end of tomorrow. I said in my mock, if no Vander in first, Malik will be chosen later.

Question is where. I have him 3rd in my mock but Steelers arent afraid to choose a player a round early.

They can go anywhere in rd 2, not sure what will happen now.

9. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    That'd be my biggest problem. If they like him and can see him playing a hybrid position, great physical tools I'm good with that but surely they could've traded down, there was plenty of that happening around them, picked up an extra pick and still got him in the mid 2nd?

10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We needed this type of player. years ago.We need 2 ore 3 more of these types of players. I watched the HS level transition years ago , the NFL is now going to change in a very similar fashion.Meaning speed and awareness, the ability to diagnose a play quickly at a high level.

A Team has to be able to make big plays the days of the big hit is over . Defenses must make plays on the ball if they really want to win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    They could have got him in the 2nd round, maybe even the 3rd.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Normally I’m a BPA guy rather than drafting for perceived need. Heck, this seems like he was drafted specifically to cover Gronk.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Bet know one had this pick. Upgrading the safety position was key and the kid brings versatility. The two ILB that were coveted were gone. Can't have enough secondary players the way the league has been going. Obviously he had a 1st round grade in the war room.

Today should be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    and Michel.

15. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There may not have been opportunity for them to trade back or maybe it would have been too far where they felt like they'd miss him. They did the right thing if that's how they felt. Don't risk missing out on a guy they really wanted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why do some fans automatically assume they could have picked him up by trading back? Especially with the way the first Rd broke?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Given the depth of available talent at certain positions (and lack at others), this draft was always going to be about more than the first round pick. All the more so now Bryant is traded.

I don't hate the pick, and the risk of trading back really wasn't worth it for me. I don't know if this is a plug and play kind of guy (hopefully not too much of a 'project'), but he looks like a potential playmaker in the waiting. But ultimately I think the immediate value of the pick can be judged when we've finished Day 2 of the draft, and seen how the positional needs have been addressed.

18. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Not sure how I feel, but he’s the exact type of player Pittsburgh loves. If he can fit the system, we’re golden. I personally would have preferred less of a project and more of a sure thing. Happens, though!

19. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Picking Terrell Edmunds is why the Steelers secondary sucks - the Steelers suck at evaluating secondary personnel. This guy is late second round at best. Steelers pass on Reid? Just stupid! This fixation they have with VT players is asinine. The first round is not for projects and/or versatile players (translation: he isn't really good at any position).

20. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I will say a lot of analyst think this was a horrible pick for the Steelers. Like, they’re embarrassed for us.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  21. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Guys saying it was a tad early to select Edmunds and would have rather of moved back....

What do you even receive to move back say 5 spots? Is it really worth it to do that and gain a 5th?? Or whatever minuscule late rounder?

Or we could have made a trade like the Eagles did with the Ravens and got their second and a second next year. But they had to drop back 20 picks to make that trade. No way Edmunds would still be there.

For the guys who would have wanted to trade back a couple picks and still picked Edmunds.... I don’t think any of us know the true value in being able to have the option to pick up first rounders 5th year options.

If they have a guy rated as the 35th player on their board, it’s a position of need and they really like the player why trade back out of the 1st and lose a year of keeping him?

I’ve learned long ago that, although there were guys I’d rather of selected, not to question this franchise and the personnel selections they make. Let’s face it, we aren’t the Bengals over here struggling to even sniff a Lombardi.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm glad the Steelers didn't take RB in the first round. Last time I was really impressed with a draft was '08 before the season even started... and we all know how that turned out. Steelers needed a Safety... so I'm not gonna complain much.

23. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

I agree all the way. I actually thought we would take Lamarr Jackson when he fell that far especially knowing that the Raven loved him however I can't seem to understand why they didn't take Reid if they wanted a S

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This was a great pick for us and we didn't just miss on our safety this year like we did last year. His positional flexibility does not mean he's not good at any of them, it means he was good enough to play all of them.

I did mention him as a first rounder in a thread and steel city and I discussed it. I have also been talking about us using our hybrid defense ,which we run a lot of with 3 safeties to help with the loss of shazier and that is exactly what they went and got him for.

The more I read about Reid the more this one makes sense. Reid had a grab first mentality and with the rule changing that it will be called more this year it makes sense to go this route.

Great pick steelers.great move with Bryant and the fact we re-signed Justin hunter to fill his role as the big fast 3rd option. RB should be coming soon. Hopefully after Anthony Miller or James Washington. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I've been watching a lot of YouTube on Edmunds. The more I watch the more I like the pick. The guy is an athletic freak. I think by mid season Edmunds is going to be on the field ALOT.

• Like Like x 1