1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Wasn't a really bad game, but they were shooting high glove on him all night. The couple low ones they got off got in the net!

Geno lost it in that game and it took him off his game. He caused the start of that shift that the Flyers scored the winning goal on by going for a hit instead of playing the puck to keep it in the zone when they had pressure.

Dumb passes late in that game as well. Letang with that one that led to the EN...
    Sheary with the one that led to the goal...

2. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens usually come back with a strong game after a loss. I would like to see them put the Flyers away today and not have to win the Tuesday game at home to win the series.

3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Ditto

To look at the final score you'd think both teams played empty net throughout. :hehehe: Wild and weird.

5. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The way Murrey played in goal was about as effective as empty net. He has been very disappointing in his last two games. He really needs to step up his game if he can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    His rebound control has always been suspect he just needs a lead and for godsakes somebody needs to play D in front of him and stop being the guy that causes the cheap goal. In 09 Rob Scuderi made the play of the game by stopping a puck that got behind Fluery. These shmoes let a guy tap it past three of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Here we go again. Pens and Caps in round two with the Caps having home ice advantage.
    Should be a close hard fought series. Hope Geno is back for the start of the series.
    Sorry Caps but the Pens 3-peat means you go down again in round two.
    I guess my prediction would be the Pens in six or seven.

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Have to say, I almost feel sorry for the Caps and their fans. Talk about getting gut punched. Caps could have put this away early in the first period (like LV did with SJ) with all their open shots and sluggish Pen's D. In the end though, congrats to the Pens for stealing one on the road with a 5 minute burst executed with surgical precision. Murray was simply a Matrix beast in the 3rd period. Keep up the effort until Malkin and Hagelin can return.

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    You are right the Pens were able to steal one that they should have lost. The Caps were their normal selves not being able to win when they should and end up screwing up and losing. It is still a long series but the Pens are in great shape to take this one.

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Canadian broadcast crew was debating whether the Pens were in the Caps head or not. Yeah I think they are guys and until Ovie becomes a two way player or they get a true Captain on that team, the Pens will continue to live in their heads too

11. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Be nice if the Pens can go up by two in the series. If not they still took home ice advantage away from the Caps. I'm liking what I see from the Pens so far this playoff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pens need Malkin back on Tuesday and they need to be playing in Pgh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Terrible no call on the goalie interference.

Just saw the Predators get a PP out of one. I didn't know it was legal to pull a goalie off his position with your stick (during a PP no less) and still get the goal to count...(short side where you pulled him from...)

Also, the no-goal was huge in the third...

Yet another game where a head hit invokes no penalty at all and takes a player out of the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yup. Fear not, the penguins will pull this out.

15. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Given the no goal on a clear cut goal and the league doing nothing to Wilson, I'm smelling a push for a 7 gm series that they can hype the heck out of. They will get back in the plus column tonight and maybe get a few shots in on Caps players too.

16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    You might be right. I hope they don't want to write the Pens out of another Stanley Cup just to level the playing field.

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Murrey usually comes back with a strong game after a playoff loss.
    The Pens are playing at home.
    Malkin and Haglin are game time decisions.
    Everthing looks pretty good for the Pens, but just don't feel good about this game.
    Hope I'm wrong.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This series is a toss up, Caps are good. My hometown Pens in 7

19. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Wilson better get suspended after tonight he is targeting the head and has no regard for player safety. they have to give him at least a game

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    He won't. The NHL is trying to prove its incompetence. This is why it was a bad idea to trade Reeves. I know he probably wouldn't have played much under Sullivan. But in times like these he would be nice to have.

21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I don’t think pens have it in them to advance

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You may be right unless Murray wears larger mitts with more velcro. Too many shots bounced out of his glove last night with some he didn't even know it. He's not as sharp as he was last year's playoffs and there's no MAF ready to bail him out just in case. The Caps have sure bounced back from that shocking game 1 loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Zach Aston-Resse has a Tom Wilson induced broken jaw. I'd imagine that finishes him for rest of playoffs, however long that might be. Would be sweet for Wilson to be suspended the rest of this round. :club:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm more troubled by the fact that no one and I mean no one stood up for him. Letang chirped the rest of the game, Big Jamie cross checked Wilson twice in the gut bit nothing. Last series Giroux takes Hager in out and Kessel goes at him and the next shift 3 Pens try to check him at once. In the old days someone comes off the bench and starts swinging. I was shocked that even Geno didn't start getting feisty, where was the heart guys.

25. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    This team is broken down, limping in the playoffs. Back to back titles with some game 7's in between. lot of games, lot of injuries i'm not sure we can match the intensity. Caps i'm sure are tired of losing to pens lol.

Wish we still had Reaves to send in and destroy the caps players.

Win the next one or it's over. Even if we lose to these bums man what a ride it was these past 3 years.