1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dirty Little Draft Secret

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Started this a couple seasons ago. Fun way to find out who is high on your list thats not well known in mocks or highly thought of.

Tavarius Moore, FS, Southern Miss

Blistering 4.32, 38.5 inch vertical and 11 foot 1 broad jump. Super long arms to bat passes away or pick them off although he doesnt have many of those.

My one concern is being from a small school. Watching film its always difficult projecting how those prospects will match up against much better talent that they will face in the pros but he looks good, moves real well.

Definitely second rd possibilities, could he sneak into the first? He's not highly known to fans but what Ive read up on, NFL teams are well aware of him. And was in for a private meeting.

Fred Warner, LB, BYU is another one I really like that isnt slated until 3rd or 4th rd that I'd like in the 2nd if still there. I think 4th is definitely too low, 3rd ok. Sadly, I didnt see his name on the list of prospects they met with.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Dirty draft secret's for me? First up is Josh Sweat.

Our chances of drafting him are slim to none but man oh man was he going to do big things coming out of High School. Dude still has freakish traits for a pass rusher and I believe anyone that drafts him will have a great piece of clay to mold.

My second one? Isaiah Oliver from Colorado.

Sure, he does have his mental lapses every now and then but my goodness is his abilities enticing. Nevermind his 33.5 inch arms but that 80+ inch wingspan on a 6'1 frame is something special as few corners have that length. Much like Sweat, he is going to be a great player but he can be used in just about every coverage scheme due to those athletic traits alone.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Oliver goes fairly high. I think he may have Top 15 ability.

If for some reason he did fall to #28 (unlikely), I would be all over that.

4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Honestly, the first person that came to mind was Moore. Very under the radar, might be there at 5(11), but think we would have to grab him in the third.

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Anthony Miller WR Memphis

I think he has 1st round talent. Will probably go late round 2 or in round 3. I think he is one of TE best WRs in this draft.

Brandon Parker OT North Carolina A&M

Has all the traits to be a great Tackle. Long arms, massive wingspan. I believe he only gave up 1 sack and was called for only 1 penalty his entire career. Handled Marcus Davenport at the Senior Bowl. I think he is a 3rd round developmental talent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I dress up like steely mcbe,...... Oh not those dirty little secrets. :hehehe:.

Foyesade oluokun from yale. 6-2 229. 4.48. Played SS/FS/LB. Teams have recently started to notice this kid. Moving up the boards.

Parry nickerson from Tulane. CB can fly. Makes a lot of plays against the pass.

My sleeper in the earlier RDS. Carlton Davis CB Auburn. A little of a head case but is a good man cover corner with some size and speed. Possibly a FS possibility. Ran a 4.44 at his pro day. Can shut down half the field.

Leon Jacobs LB from Wisconsin. Long arms, strong 4.48 and can play inside and out. :cool:

7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Justin Watson is my guy. Great route runner, ran a 4.3, and catches everything. Only played against Ivy League competition, but I think his skill set will translate.

I feel like we will definitely take a WR so I hope it's him.

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Heard a interview on NFL radio.....sounds like a good kid....Steeler fan too.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Mac, you have a whole closet of skeletons :lolol:

Ill have to check some of those names out.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Forgot Wyatt Teller, G, Virginia Tech

Freakishly strong, has a lot to work with. Munch could turn this guy into a beast. He can step in for Foster when he's done.

11. britishsteel

britishsteel Active Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Chad Kanoff QB Princeton. 73.2% completion percentage and has accuracy issues? Think the patsies have had him in.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Anthony Miller
    Tavarius Moore
    Parry Nickerson

13. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    73% is incredible but a lot of that is because he played at Princeton and did not face top talent.

Where do you rank him?

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  15. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Malik Jefferson
    Mike Hughes
    R.Harrison
    D.J. Chark
    Richie James
    Lamar Jackson
    Ronald Jones
    Ian Thomas
    P.J. Hall
    Tarvairus Moore

I would be thrilled to have any of these players. :thumbs up:

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'll go offense first...

WR Michael Gallup CSU. lived in Fort Collins last year and this guy can run a nice route. Not an athletic freak but good hands and knows how to play the position. It seems instinctual.

OL Austin Corbett Nevada. love me some o-line play. Solid starter throughout his career and moves pretty good. They are looking more for a tackle prospect I bet since Hubbard left but Finney can't be the only one backing up the G/C. He will probably go higher (3rd-4th imo) than what I'd like to spend a pick on but if all else fails....

For defense I'm safety heavy

S Natrell Jamerson Wisconsin. Good tackler, doesn't have a big name, could be a steal in the 5th if for some reason they miss out on one in rnds 1-3.

S Jeremy Reaves S. Alabama. Like this guy not so much as a safety but as a core special teamer. Aggressive hitter. Every team needs those B role players to round out the roster.

S Josh Kalu Nebraska. Husker fan but I like the guy. Nice height and frame with experience at corner. Worth a chance in the 7th. CB Chris Jones is another Husker I liked a ton but he got hurt last year. I would love if the Steelers got him as an UDFA. I like him better than Kalu.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So when you say dirty little draft secret I like to think of guys 3rd round and later so here are some guys who opened my eyes during the shrine game and senior bowl:

RB - Ballage, Penny & Chunn
    WR - Steven Dunbar, Daurice Fountain, Jake Wieneke(red zone)
    ILB - Burks, McCray, Cabinda, Smith, Worley & Warner
    DT's - Andrew Brown, Justin Jones, Fatukasi.....many more this class is loaded
    DE - Marcell Frazier...plays low key kinda like Smith and Keisel
    S - Reaves, Flowers & Moore(just learning about this kid and he can fly)
    CB - Jordan Thomas

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I like Jamerson and Reaves a lot as well. :thumbs_up:

19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    that's kinda what I was thinking as well, some later round gems as they say

Marcell Frazier is interesting, I'll have to check him out since I now call Missouri home. I need to school these fools in football though, they have basketball coming out their ears since most of the high schools don't have enough students to field a football team. Damn shame.

I heard Frazier had some media trouble but not clear on what it was and if he is being downplayed because of it. something to keep in mind

• Like Like x 1
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I saw him play a couple of times. I mentioned him way early in the process even before Ben decided to stay on. The kid CAN throw the ball has the size and let's face it he goes to Princeton. I'm just assuming he has something going on upstairs. Ben played at Miami of Ohio, I think he did alright. Ask Philly about the NDState kid. Just saying.:cool:

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah it is pretty easy to find out about the top players but I think these lower round guys are more important cause if you hit on one or two they is big time. This is what I wrote about Frazier after the shrine game:

Frazier(missouri) DE West..........Made plays has Steeler all over him, the low key kind of style...Keisel/Smith like.

Good luck trying to teach them out there.....lol

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not really. Can be any round. Its prospects that you think highly of that most people dont or arent even aware of.

Also what rd youd like them taken in. I would be happy with Tavarius or Warner in the second (depending on whom was taken in the first of course) but that would probably be met with groans by a lot of fans.

23. britishsteel

Apr 24, 2016
    Udfa, might be worth a 7b was recruited to Vanderbilt as a 3star but chose Princeton. Was most impressed by his numbers as he likely had few weapons around and his numbers increased year on year. Good size too

24. britishsteel

Apr 24, 2016
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Davenport or I will keep the homerism going Jordan Whitehead. He will make somebody a good football player.