1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN special

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by numbah58, May 22, 2012.

1. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    One hour AFC North breakdown on right now.

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    yeah im watching it but its espn so........

3. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    John Clayton just reported that he thinks a deal will get done with Wallace. He stated that the relationship was good and Wallace wants to stay a Steeler. Clayton believes the deal will be worth 10 M per year.

4. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    45% say the ravens to win the division 34% say the steelers on the ESPN poll

5. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    herm has the ravens ... bill has the bengals to win the division... and marcellus has the ravens ... all 3 have the steelers finishing 3rd ... F&*K them

6. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I LOVE IT!!
    No respect, we'll shut their mouth for them like usual..

7. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry, but there's no way we give Wallace $10 mil/yr. I'm guessing it will be closer to $5 mil, $6 at the very most.

8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Polian was a dick. Went off on the "Steelers are too old" rant. Course, if he knows so much he'd still be running the Colts into the ground.

9. steelfan70

steelfan70 Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Do the Steelers ever get respect from ESPN? The answer is NO. Doesn't matter because they will prove them all wrong as usual.

10. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Eff the 4 letter they are on the goodell train

11. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    wallace has no more chance of gettiing 10M a yer from the steelers than i do.. he got 99.9% better chance of getting 6M a year from the steelers than i do ... that 10M talk from clayton (mr wipple) shows you how much he doesnt know. if wallace get 10 M a year i wont post for a month on here..

12. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If all they are gonna give Wallace is five or six million, adeal would be done. I think he will get eight or nine. I wouldn't like it but I think that is the ballpark. I don't think he will play for five or six.

13. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    7.5 - 8 mill.

I get the feeling we will have him for a few years and he will go the direction of Plex and Holmes.

14. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    i think thats the real range.. 7 1/2 - 8,,,, 3 or 4 years

15. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Then we should just cut our ties with him after this season. He will bust a$$ playing for a new contract

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I couldn't believe all three of those guys picked the Steelers to finish 3rd, all they need is for the offensive line to improve and the Steelers will have the best offense in the AFC North. Polian that old fart I bet he's still pissed the Steelers beat the Colts in the 2005 playoffs, his main point about the Steelers being old on defense they're younger than last season by getting rid of Farrior, Smith, and Hampton won't be a fulltime starter anyway.

17. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Avg age on defense:

Ravens: 28.8
    Steelers: 29.1 (28.4 if Ta'amu starts at NT)

18. ivanarevalo07

ivanarevalo07 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Their explanation for the Bengals doing better than us this year: "Too much change in Pittsburgh." What the FRENCH Fuqua? When will they learn? How much change was there after Cowher left? Lets see, new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new wide receivers coach, new offensive line coach, the loss of Joey Porter or defense, and coming off an 8-8 season. We then finished 10-6 and won the division.

This year, all the "change" has been for the better. We're coming off a 12-4 season with a new offensive coordinator, improved offensive line, and a new playbook (thank goodness.) The only negative change I've seen is the loss a few veterans and those atrocious throw backs we have to use twice this year. And lets face it, those vets were in twilight of their careers and who we have in place for them (with the exception of James Farrior) seem to be better.

I love when they doubt us year in and year out because it's so much sweeter when we prove everyone wrong, but c'mon they should try and be factual with their arguments instead of just saying vague remarks because they don't like us. "They're too old" and "Too much change" can mean anything. They might as well just go out and say "I don't like them because they're too good and I want to see them fail." I'd respect them for their honesty at least.

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Does he shoot himself in the leg or get pulled over and get charged with possession or does he do both at the same time LOL

Bman

20. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I myself love the haters on espn or whatever network is talking about us. The way I see it, alot of the analysts were either kids or around in the 70's, probably saw one of their favorite teams get beat by the steelers year in and year out. Watched us win the superbowls in the 70's and have so much success. Then they went on to play in the 80's and 90's still saw us year in and year out have success, maybe not with superbowl victories but we were in contention alot (Not so much in the 80's but you get my point). And at one point we probably beat the team they played for. The only analyst I like on espn is Merrill and i'm sure most of us know why.

I mean I despise the Patriots and Ravens, and honestly I would probably be the same way if I was on espn, i'd give every reason I could to say why I think (but actually hope) they wont win their division and potentially lose and yada yada yada...But thats because I despise them, I hate the patriots because to me, they are the playoff hump we couldnt get over, and I had to watch them beat us on our own field in AFC Championship games and watch them win multiple superbowls. And I hate the ravens because they're the ravens. But bring on the no love from the media, I'd rather have doubters than having people praise us and getting our heads swelled. Last year the talk was can the ravens ever beat the steelers and take the division? Thats because we owned them in the playoffs and the division for the last few years. And before the season all I heard was the ravens cant take the steelers and this and that, and boom the spanked us in the season opener. Hopefully a little doubt fuels this team for another superbowl run

21. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cowherd has us third in the division as well.....Whatever. :roll:

22. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We need someone to step in and be a mean vocal leader who sets a tone, a face. Someone the other team hates and respects ala Porter and Ward.

I truly believe it's a factor.

23. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011

hes a professional idiot that knows less about the steelers than my dog ( little hines)

24. So Cal Steeler

So Cal Steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well said, I think they picked us for third last year. I'm excited about this team, I think Haley's going to light up the scoreboard, like the Warner Cards. Pittsburgh is going to score a lot more points than they have been. And I hope that with all my heart.

25. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    That's alright, Steelers have had some pretty good years lately when the "experts" said they were going to lose.

I swear, they're so quick to jump on the Bengals and Ravens bandwagons.