1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

extremely early mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Dec 10, 2017.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I was the leader of the Rudolph bandwagon all year.

If it weren't for the Shazier injury I would probably be more on board but now we have 2 glaring holes at ILB and S.

I wouldn't hate the pick but a replacement QB is a bit more of a luxury pick than what it looked like during the season.

I take Edmunds ALL DAY in round 2. Highly underrated in the safety pecking order.

Troy brown is boom or bust. Terrific athlete with some bad tape out there. I'd probably prefer round 4 but since we dont' have one, at the end of round 3 could be an option.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

The two LBers that I have on there bring a lot to the table. Adding bostic to them would make the position pretty strong with Vince and dirty red. Add Edmund's to that group in some hybrid looks and we have really strengthened the position. As I said about brown, he may do much better getting away from the LOS. He can tackle and can cover ground quickly. We did meet with him as well as Edmund's.

As far as Rudolph, I wouldn't count anything out. If we feel we like this year's crop enough, especially a certain one, I could see them pull the trigger. I wouldn't have a problem with it either.

They went to look at many of these guys too. I see a wide swath of safety being looked at in many different rounds. That tells me nobody is out of the question and we then move to the next guy we like. :cool:

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Well a couple of days make a difference. Burnett signed and bostic signed. Defense is looking different already. May change a lot in the draft.

Still liking this one.:cool:

4. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Trade out of Round 1
    Rd2- Christian Kirk WR or DJ Clark WR,
    Rd 2- Josey Jewel ILB
    Rd 3- Tim Settle DT
    Rd 4- Taylor HearnOT or Aaron Stinnie OT
    Rd 5-Dmitri Flowers RB
    Rd-5 Marquis Haynes OLB
    Rd7 Peter Kalambayi OLB
    Rd7 Mike Basile S

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Still on the fence on doing another mock at this point. Might wait until April when all the Pro Day's are as good as done.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    1. Lorenzo Carter OLB Geo.
    2. Anthony Miller WR. Memphis
    3. Royce Freeman RB. Ore.
    5. Leon Jacobs LB Wisconsin.
    5. Tre Flowers SS. Okl. St.
    7. Joshua Frazier. DT. Ala.
    7. Austin Golson C/G/T Aub. :cool:

7. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Carter is interesting. Looks the part. Where was the production though?

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I have liked Royce Freeman for awhile now. Definitely in the 2-3 round consideration imo

As far as OLB in the first, I think that would be a very tough call. Basically admitting Dupree isn't cutting it and you don't draft an OLB in the first for a rotation in this defense. Not a Dupree fan at all, but I think the FO gives him more time. Yes, we've seen stranger things but I think S and ILB are just too critical to pass on.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    He had his moments. Maybe the move inside would help. Both of these LB can do both so we can move them around which makes qbs nervous. 4.4 speed for these two. You can do a lot of things with these guys. :cool:

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Safety isn't quite as critical now. These two can play any of the LB spots. Fast and strong and long armed.:rolleyes:

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Non existent his Junior year but ridiculous in his senior season.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Improved every year. That's a good sign to me. At least as opposed to the opposite.:cool:

13. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    1. LB Rashaan Evans Alabama
    2. WR Anthony Miller Memphis
    3. S Armani Watts Texas a&m
    5. RB Kyle Hicks TCU
    5. QB Riley Ferguson Memphis
    7. OT Rick Leonard Florida St
    7. CB Jalen Dunlap Illinois

14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

.. Wow. :lolol:

Mixed up his Sophomore and Junior seasons.

You are correct good sir. My apologizes.:hi:

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Okay. Bad news Mac. The BYU Pro Day was on March 30th. As far as I know, no Steelers brass were in attendance.

Sadly, that means that Fred Warner is likely omitted from the choices we have.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the more telling stat is when they have a player in for a visit. Those are the players you can mold your mocks around. So its still possible they could have interest if they invite him in.

However, I dont know if they ever have people visit that they didnt first meet at their pro day.

17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This is true.

I am still holding out hope for April 3rd though. That is going to be a big day. Hopefully, the Steelers send the house.

If they do not... well..

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    thats a sad thing to hear about warner. he's a good player and productive. :cool:

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    of course i'm not on board with#1 steel but the rest isn't too bad. i still do like watts. the two memphis guys would look better with a 3rd one in avery. i'm starting to like what i see from him as well. dunlap i don't know much about. :cool:

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane, :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Colbert said they try to go to pro days where there are a lot of prospects on those teams, that's why they go to Bama, Ohio State etc. Was there another pro day going on at that date?

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    if they are trying to decide on his 5th year option, there is some questions to be answered with bud. i think he could look better if tuitt and cam could stay healthy and TJ takes another step forward. the speed of carter and jacobs is exceptional and i think it would help our defense. moving them around in this hybrid defense could create matchup and blocking problems for teams. :cool:

23. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Dunlap is actually a pretty interesting prospect. He is probably going to be a UDFA because he ripped his knee up in the NFLPA game in January. Likely out most of 2018. I had him as a mid round pick until then.

He is a 6'1 190 likely 4.4 developmental CB. Not an INT guy with only 1 in his career. His greatest strength is that he might be the most physical corner in the draft. Delivers big hits and plays with a nasty demeanor.

He was never able to put all that talent together at Illinois. Even if he didnt at the NFL level, I believe he would be a core ST player.

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I still like this one but maybe make a few tweaks.

1. Carter remains at one
    2. Miller still here. I like this kid.
    3. I like Freeman but, if we could pull off Terrell Edmund's here that would be tits.
    5. Still like the Jacobs pick.
    5. Parry nickerson CB Tulane
    7. Frazier still here
    7. I like golson but we could possibly get him after the draft as a priority FA, so I'm going with Gus Edwards RB Rutgers. We get a RB that has a lot of upside. :cool:

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    1.Justin Reid S
    2.Jerome Baker LB
    3.James Washington WR
    5. Christopher Herndon TE
    5. Given up with our 3rd to move up in the third for Washington.
    7.Mathew Thomas LB
    7.Gus Edwards RB
    :cool: