1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Morgan Burnett

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers113, Mar 20, 2018.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    As long as this guy doesn't celebrate tackles 15 yards down field. I will be happy and will consider him an upgrade.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I agree I am so excited to see this team play D....don't get me wrong not trying to push spring or summer along but I am very hopeful to see this team in action and we haven't even talked about players that we draft yet. Man not even sure why they are playing the season just give us the trophy......

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Even if he isn't calling signals for the entire defense, it will help to have a communicator back there.

Bostic has some experience calling the signals and the Steelers might prefer to have a linebacker doing it. Either way, those two should help cut down on the communication problems that have plagued the defense the last couple of seasons. That was one of the many ways the loss of Shazier hurt, but the communication screw-ups were happening with Shazier. They have been a noticeable problem since Butler took over as DC.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Yep.. Probably why Brady always has a field day.

5. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You indicated my comment was against the rules for what reason?

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Having experienced guys is a plus but you don't want to many people shouting out stuff. One guy to call the D and I am pretty sure that guy will be Burnett. I agree this was lacking when Shazier went down :thumbs_up:

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Pretty simple the name calling no need for that crap.......

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    True but I don't get this take people keep saying that "anything is an upgrade over Mitchell". I get he was that bad but if you go from an F to a D in your class are you happy? That's improving yes but is that good? I want people to give a real take instead of just saying Mitchell did this and he won't so instant upgrade. We don't just need an upgrade we need playmakers who will improve the team..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    It's not that simple unless you can point out where I called him a name....seems especially hypocritical when you consider the amount of name calling and insults directed at the team's very own players and coaches including previous comments he's made specifically . Where's the line drawn o pious one??

You're talking about going a certain direction with a comment yet you never addressed his comment which is clearly unrelated to the mans capability on the field of play which really should be against message board rules because it has nothing to do with the Steelers nor the opening post, and could lead to debating on socio- economic issues. Why don't u address that next time b4 becoming a hypocritical jag off who misinterprets somebody's comment.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 2
  10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The fact that he's versatile makes him an upgrade in my eyes. he appears to be a better sure tackler than Mitchell and atleast last season showed the wherewithal to leave his cinder blocks in the locker room and lace into a pair of cleats.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I get it, the kneeling thing is a sensitive topic, we had a big dust up here with the whole tunnel fiasco but you can state your opinion without resorting to name calling.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Once again, I would like somebody to point out where I called him a name....and I'm referring to Dsteelerct fan specifically. The other guy clearly doesn't know the difference so I was helping him out. Maybe he gets it now.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 2
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I was referring to your jag off comment to NY Steelerfan. I dont know what you said in the other post. Just try not to make it personal. Thats all I was saying :hi:

14. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    I understand

• Like Like x 2
  15. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not to fan the fire but NYS was chiding you for calling the other guy a Dimwit. There are plenty of long-term users here that have deep seated disagreements here but have resisted the urge to use names. Have to say though... RPO and PWP might as well have ;-)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    To be technical I never called him a Dimwit. My specific comment was

"Why is that? And his name is Eric not Kneeler..just like your name isn' Dimwit even though you might be one."

In other words I was saying how would you like it if somebody called you dimwit?? Am I saying he's a dimwit? No. Just like when your mom heard you making fun of the fat kid and she says to you "how would you like it if somebody called you Retard?" Is your Mom actually calling you a retard or implying that you're a retard?? Absolutely not. Dude just need to be more respectful. He cowering behind a keyboard taking shots at people for no good reason who can't defend themselves so I'll do it for them if I feel the urge. I can't help it if people lack comprehension skills or the education system has failed them. There's a big difference between what I said and name calling.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You seem very confused.

Just try being polite.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You also missed this, no need to call names. He has his opinion and you have yours no need for that crap. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    No you seem confused and miseducated. You should take a course in English 101 or take a few courses in English and then come back and comment.

Edit courtesy of Formerscribe

20. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    1) has nothing to do with an opinion and if you think that's what this is about you're about as lost as someone who still continues to think the kneeling was in protest of the flag and military . My issue was with him addressing him as "Kneeler"

2) if you're implying by the word "idiotic" being used that I was calling him an "idiot" then that must mean that you think you're a mind reader. A person can make an idiotic statement and not be a idiot. My statement was made in anticipation of the fact that based upon his comment and the question i asked his only excuse for not wanting Eric Reid on this team is because he chose to kneel which means his opinion would be based upon something totally unrelated to the sport itself (i.e. ability, injuries), cost, or self destructive behavior.

Are we addressing this post as best front office moves that help the Steelers win the SB?? or are we addressing this post as best front office moves that puts and keeps butts in the seats?? Answer that question and when you do I'll let u know if I choose to apologize for making that statement.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    So basically you came on here just to argue, nice have a nice life.........

• Like Like x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    In order for there to be a right side of the bell curve there must be some on the left.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    English 101 is a single course. it should be take English 101 or take a few courses in English. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Is that what I'm doing? Oh my bad. I forgot you ran the board?? Or possibly you think you're the only person on the site who can go back and forth with someone. You're a piece of work and need sensitivity training it looks like. Fortunately i've come to the conclusion you're a troll so you dont need to worry about me responding back to you. Ironically enough if it was your comment that led to this continuous back and forth.

25. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    I'll go with that sir and will make changes as needed.