1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It looks like Jags to remain our Daddy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Mar 16, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    You already have lost all credibility. First off all nfl free agency started in 1947. Not 1993. The salary cap started in 1994. Learn your facts first but that already proved what you know. Next you once again don't get what I'm saying.... I'm saying compared to back then MUCH MORE PLAYERS move around then they used to. Players always switched teams but not to the degree that they do NOW. And I said from the 2010s and on. You are still bringing up **** in the 90s. Look at us in the early 2000s when we won. We drafted polamalu, big Ben, casey hampton, faneca etc.. besides Seattle in 2014 no team from this era has won a sb by strictly building in the draft and they literally struck gold they drafted like 4 all pro players in one draft which was an anomaly. And you clearly said the Steelers were rhe winngest team over the last 2 decades. Don' try to back track it now since you got caught. And I'm bringing up Peyton because winning in the regular season more than another team doesn't mean you've been more successful. Of course we've been more successul than Philly they just won a ring when we'v won 2 in the last 2 decades. I'm talking about 2010 and on. The 90s and 2000s are IRRELEVANT TO TODAY.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    1947?

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's from an article on bleacher report called the road to free agency it's one of the first things that pops up on Google search.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Look at the last part of his screen name 98 as in 1998 which would make him 19 to 20 which I'm guessing would put him in sophomore year at college which is why he continues to say he wouldn't be able to participate in the draft.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Blast has been on this board forever. He has earned substantial credibility. He is a respected poster.

When new members come on board, they automatically get a small amount of credibility. It’s kind of like the Monopoly money you get to start the game. Your little pile has been diminishing steadily. But, with this post, poof, the last of your credibility is gone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Those '48 Browns were really something. They went 14-0 in the regular season. This includes 3 road wins in a row in the same week - starting on the Sunday before Thx in NY, Thxgiving day in LA, and the Sunday after Thx in SF. Won the title game 49-7. A team for the ages.
    Otto Graham played QB in 10 straight championship games -- the Tom Brady of his day.

Talk about a team that knew how to gather free agents!

• Like Like x 3
  8. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Again, time will tell. Tomlin won in his second year. You have to look a long term decisions and drafting to gage certain successes. Pederson won with a team he didn’t draft, as did Tomlin. However he went back again in ‘10. The good team you are referring to was assembled by Tomlin, that is an important point.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Thank you

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...-free-agency-changed-the-nfl-forever.amp.html

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The players Pederson had didn't win before him and they acquired alot of their best players during his tenure. Carson wentz, alshon Jeffrey, Blount, ajayi, Corey Clement, Darby, etc.... majority of the team was built during his regime. Plus he put on a masterful coaching display. Without a great coach and system it's no way you replace a guy who was playing like the best player in the nfl at the most important position and you still won the sb.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  14. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Hey, you said you were a football player for a div. 1 school. Care to tell us the school? You have no reason not to say, it would not give up your identity.

15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    If I remember right he did post it in one of his first posts it was a school in NC if I recall

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    remember the old browns are the Baltimore ravens.

The Cleveland browns of today have been turds their whole history lol

18. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Built or purchased via free agency? Yes, they drafted Wentz because they sucked so bad they got to pick top 5. When has Tomlin ever got to pick top 5? Never. That is because of sustained success through great coaching/drafting/scouting. Imagine what we would draft if we tanked like they did for years. Time will tell... I doubt Dallas will be a push over again this year.

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    look Terrell suggs eats nuggets behind center. Something about the towers came and besides greg loyd and kevin Colbert were an awesome duo linebackers. Speaking of drafting, the 1998 rough drafts had the best players that could take hits especially from enchiladas. dude you make sense don't I dunno lol jk hey the steelers look like a championship in madden 98 WOAH popcorn popper is coming! lol wwf no mercy I was really good at, like unstoppable. I could've won championships

20. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Well, there are only so many div. 1 schools in NC. Must be one of these.

Appalachian State University
    Campbell University
    Davidson College
    Duke University
    East Carolina University
    Elon University
    Gardner–Webb University
    High Point University
    North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
    University of North Carolina at Asheville
    North Carolina Central University
    University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
    University of North Carolina at Charlotte
    University of North Carolina at Greensboro
    North Carolina State University
    University of North Carolina at Wilmington
    Wake Forest University
    Western Carolina University

There are only a few schools on that list that have a football program that can be taken seriously, kind of. I count 5 that you will ever even hear of during the season. The others might as well be div. 2 schools.

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They didn't have a top 5 pick. They traded up to get wentz and actually mortgaged alot for him but it paid off and wasn't like it took Pederson years of sucking he literally turned it around just like that. And I think if you do free agency or draft it's still building imo. I'm talking about doing what a switzer, jon gruden, tomlin, etc.. come to an already made team and then you win with them.

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    This guy continues to prove how much he knows. He think every player in the nfl played for Alabama, Ohio State, lsu, or Clemson when it' players from all colleges on all levels.

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    North Carolina A&T

24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That's Horsemen Country! Woooooo!

25. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I disagree, if you waltz into a team that is terrible and has a ton of cap room, you can go out and buy players that have been given experience and the work has been put in by the drafting team. Denver bought a team and won with it, when it came time to draft they fell on their faces. If you are suggesting that buying free agents is the same as scouting and drafting players then putting on the work to bring them up to a professional level is the same as circling like vulchers around a team that knows what they are doing, I think you are not giving credit where credit is due. We have drafted outstanding players over the past several years given the fact that we were drafting from a winning record every year. So you think Cleveland is impressive because they are terrible and have done nothing with all the top 5 picks they have received. The players turn into busts and they don’t have to pay busts. So now they go out and buy up players because successful teams that build players can’t keep them because of the cap. That is why you don’t see the Steelers rolling around on day 1 or 2 of free agency, we pick up players no one wants and fix them.