1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

GOOD RIDDANCE! :P

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mr.HammerZz, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  3. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Think what of Mitchell, that was a pretty classy good bye from him. I never thought of him as the second coming, but I thought he held his own until last year. I know people are mad that he ran his mouth a couple of times, but none of us truly know the context or whole story behind it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep, I agree. A classy way to leave.

The problem I always had with Mitchell was that a) he went for the hit, not the ball and b) his angles were terrible.

The mouth-running and celebrating tackles didn't jar as much with me, as it's entirely possible he was simply trying to pump up his team-mates. (Also entirely possible he was a dick, but as Jim says, we don't know always know the context)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    He had passion for this team and was a great hitter. Just like Woodley I will always respect him for the love he had for this organization. And to everyone who rips him for his play, the guy never had anyone playing around him in the secondary, a washed up troy p is about as good as hes had playing along side him.

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I know it's nit-picking but the Mensa who wrote the article needs to attend summer school to learn how to use the word "formerly" vs "formally". And he did it twice! It's OK if it's just one of us little guys on a message board but this guy gets paid as a sportswriter? This is where the safety net of spell check can be your worst enemy in the dumbing down of America. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I never cared about Mitchell running his mouth. That stuff doesn't bother me.

I did care that he sucked at his job in 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah anyone calling them self a "Football Analyst" should have proper grammar.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Wait a minute, Jim. You can feel OK with MM if you wish, but do we really need to know "what context" it was when he ran his mouth? I think it's safe to say, the guy was basically an a hole and chances are, he was being an a hole when he did things like shout into the Jags locker room before the game (which he lost and sucked in).

I didn't hate him out of the gates and wanted to like him, but truth is, he was so unlikeable I just couldn't get onboard. Every time he celebrated after making a tackle, AFTER the ball carrier got a 1st down, made me ticked off. He was a punk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well, let's put it this way, at this rate he will be known as a "formally" Football Analyst (in his own words of course). ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This. The only thing he ever did that got under my skin was what he did outside the Jags locker room.

His play dropped off last season but before that, thought he did a good job mostly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Funny how his last hit was by a door...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Spot on. I wish MM well. He always struck me as being very passionate about playing for the Steelers. It wouldn't shock me at all if he signs somewhere within the North.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Well, I guess when judging someone, I think it is only fair to know the whole story before passing judgment. In this day and age I know it is unheard of to get the whole story before passing judgment, but I still tend to do that. Really, my point is that I wasn't there before, during, or after Mitchell ran his mouth, so I don't know what, if anything, prompted him to do it. Let me just throw out there that I'm not telling anyone else how to feel, whether they could/should pass judgment, or how to come to that decision. In other words, I respect that you view him however you view him. His on-field antics are a whole other story for me.

15. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Say what you want about Mitchell but dude gave his heart and soul to the team.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I'm not just basing this on the report of him yelling into the Jags' locker room; let's take that totally out of the discussion. I am basing it on him sucking as a player and doing things like celebrating a tackle when he gave up 15 yards and a 1st down. We don't need that kind of "leader" if you ask me. I love passion on the field, but not moronic passion. The only thing worse than a moron is an opinionated moron. I tried to like MM but just couldn't get over him being an idiot, including having sh-t instincts for being at the right place at the right time. As a S you better have the knack for knowing where to be; he never did. Good riddance; he was a sh-t FA pick up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1