1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Quite Disgusting: A Writer's Perspective

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, quite unnecessary tone he took with that article. If you're trying to make yourself out to be unbiased and solid source of information on the Steelers, you can't go around making confrontational response articles.

I've been a fan of the Podcast, but there are plenty of times I've been ticked off on their assessment of players as they do tend to have favorites and once locked in they defend it and harp on it way too much.

Case in point: They are reluctantly giving Jesse James credit for his pass catching ability. It just sounds like they're a little upset that he's actually making progress.

They're starting to make way to many quotes like "Everyone thinks we're down on {Such and Such player}, but we're not and just calling it as we see it."

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

My thoughts exactly.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm thinking Dave must have busted his chops at one point or another?

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

My issues are from the way Dave handled the situation. Why agree to a "challenge" as oppose to ignore it all entirely?

For that matter.. why go through the process of creating an article based on confronting a user about a player he enjoys very much so?

It just does not add up considering he is the site owner and anything he does reflects on the site itself.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The other dude challenged him to do it. I'm not sure what the problem is. In this age of social media you better get used to it.
    No offense to Dave, but we're not talking about a journalist like Dan Rather or Walter Cronkite here. I don't think the ethics of journalism apply the same. We're talking about someone writing about their perspective on a subject.

And who cares that he likes Timmons?

6. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    I think it was handled well, though I would have preferred a knife fight it was entertaining. Timmons is a good Steeler and needs to make a couple big plays and all will be forgiven

7. Steelerman

Steelerman New Member

Mar 18, 2018
    I made one negative comment about the way the site attacks readers and I was banned. So immature.

8. jaygorius

jaygorius Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011

I used to follow him on twitter as part of my Steelers follows. He's terrible and I am glad I stopped. All he does is attack readers. He dishes it out but can't take it back. He thinks really highly of himself for a guy who is basically a news aggregator.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That blog is from a year and a half ago?

Whatever a blog is.

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Holy Twilight Zone. I didn't realize how old this post was until I saw BFT posted. I was about to ask him where the hell he'd been then I thought to check the date.....holy bumps Batman.

11. Steelerman

Steelerman New Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Thanks for replying jaygorius. I am looking to move on to other sources of information and podcasts so I am open to suggestions. I did find Locked on Steelers podcast. He’s like the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld except Depot Nazi.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Well hi there BFT. Long time my friend, welcome back.:cool:

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Read 2 posts above?

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I have really never cared for the writer commentary on that site. I do read it nearly daily as it has a lot of information on what's going on. I do find the writers pretty amateurish and especially the way they feel what they think and print as gospel and the only way it should and can be. AQL I agree with you but don't really dwell on it as a problem I concern myself with as far as not checking the site for what I do want to read about. Heck look at the guy and his minions that run this site!

I'm kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you guys.:smiley1::cool:

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Oh I see. Thanks jeh. :smiley1::cool:

16. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Dave is a rude know it all jerk. I used to read his stuff but got tired of his attitude.

17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I know this is years old, but to the OP, I really don't see what Dave did wrong. I think he went about what he did very tactfully. If you read in the comments, the poster he was referring to didn't have an issue. Maybe theres bad blood between this site and that one. IDK. I'm new. But I didn't see an issue with the post at all.

I read on Steelers Depot every day and really like the site. I don't know those guys personally, but they really have never rubbed me the wrong way. They are usually pretty spot on.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol

19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It just occurred to me that if we resurrect a whole load of past threads, we can feel like BFT is still here all through the off-season.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Unfortunately I don't think he's coming back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Please! In general journalistic integrity does not exists. It is myth.