1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What should Steelers learn from Eagles?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Feb 8, 2018.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    What should we learn from the Eagles? Simple.

Trust.

Trust your teammates. Trust each other. Trust the gameplan and not only stick to it but stay true to yourselves as you have been all season.

2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Good coaching is key

3. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    The lesson is to enjoy having your starting QB on his rookie contract while you can.

I've read that they already have to make a bunch of decisions this off-season to get them cap-compliant. In 2 years, Wentz and his dump truck of money is going to make it really interesting.

4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yes the lesson was.. Take Malcolm Butler out for a night on the town and get high lol..

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Lessons?

Don't play scared. Pedal to the metal for 60 minutes. Game plan. Don't overlook ANY opponent. Keep all the drama IN House. Discipline. Solid in game decisions.

Things Tomlin and staff have to correct. Or the end result will be the same. The Clocks Ticking...

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That the “philly special” was just announced as an illegal formation.

7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    The difference between the Philly game and Steelers game is Philly got a TD call in their favor where the Steelers didnt. And no, I am not talking about the Ertz TD, that was legit. I am talking about the Clemons one where if it hadnt been the Super Bowl with all the pressure on the refs, that call would have been a NO touchdown and Philly has to kick the FG there. That was the difference in Philly winning versus them losing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    From the articles I read, nope.
    The player checked with the referee if he was lined up properly.
    Even if it *should* have been called an illegal formation, the ref would have alerted the player, who would have made an adjustment. There never would have been a called penalty.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup. And even if it was illegal, its called karma ***** :lolol:

Nobody feels sorry for NE. Loved every minute of the Eagles victory.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Keep the Patriots punter out of rythm by never letting him in the game! It messed him up so bad he couldn't even hold for xtra points!

Brilliant!

11. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    After reading your comment I'm pretty sure it was you that wasn't watching the game. It wasn't until the last couple of possessions that you saw any kind of pressure on Brady. Up until that point he was pretty much doing what he wanted to do. Eagles were fortunate to get a TD call go there way (Clement) and were falling back on their heels. I wonder if Patriots had of played Butler on defense if it would have made a huge difference, but it is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    lesson learned:

bring back a former franchise qb for the stretch run

13. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    What can they learn?:

Lose for years and years and collect high first round picks then have success for a year. After you win, eat horse$hit. I’ll pass.

14. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Bottom line is Philly was there we were home watching.

15. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    It's not like the 49ers & Cowboys of the mid 90's. Everyone and their mom knew they'd be in the Championship game. I can see why both teams tried to build their team to beat the other.

The NFL landscape has changed. There are no true super teams anymore. Furthermore, the Steelers need to stop looking ahead to the Patriots when they've not faced the upcoming opponent.

Bottom line is the Eagles played their game and didn't flinch. But are we having this conversation if the Steelers win the Dec 15th game? Likely not.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It is.

But there were things done by both teams that would have gotten Tomlin run out of town if he tried them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    What did they learn, well what they should have learned is, you don't need a 60 million dollar plus running back to get to the superbowl, running back by committee works and you don't need to spend a lot of your cap on one back.....

18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

We need a better coach? Sounds snarky but I'm not kidding. Look at the talent the Eagles won with...Most importantly at QB. Then look at the weapons Ben has and compare that to the Eagles...yet the Eagles win the lombardi and we didn't win a playoff game.