1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What should we do with Le'Veon Bell?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by brosonke, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Pay him and use him to win games.
    He’s a once in a lifetime Offensive player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    $12 million would be 50% more than the second highest paid running back. To me, THAT shows a major commitment by the Steelers. $15 million would be nearly double the second highest paid RB. Is Bell twice as good (and more) as other RBs in the league? NO! I wouldn't offer him a penny more than $12 million! If he walks, he walks. NYSF, you say that $15 mil is not that far off market value. Freeman is currently the highest paid RB in the league and he makes $8.5 million per year. I'd say $15 mil is WAY above market value. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I blame Haley.
    Bell had twice as many touches as Freeman. I blame Haley.

4. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    What's the status of the negotiations?
    What scares me, is that like me it appears Rooney & Colbert check what he has rapped lately for their updates too.
    :hmm:

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Your stats are wrong 12m is not more than 50%. Freeman is gonna make 8.2, McCoy 8m and Fournette who is still on his rookie contract is gonna make 6.7 this year 7.4 and 8.6 the two years after. I am not sure where everyone is getting this idea that RB's make 5 mil but that is just wrong. 15m is not far off for A) the best at his position and B) a guy who can play the position by himself, no other back need like Freeman!

Freeman 196 att & 36 recp, Coleman 156 att & 27 recp. Bell does it all and IS THE BEST BLOCKING RB! That is key when your season rides on a QB who can be done with one hit. :shrug:

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I didn't say "more" than 50%. 12m is actually 46% higher that 8.2m. So I rounded. :shrug:

I just think Bell's demands are unrealistic and the Steelers shouldn't be held hostage by that. $12 million is MORE THAN FAIR and if he thinks he's worth $15 million or $17 million which I've heard he might want, he's dreaming. Offer him $12m and if he thumbs his nose at that, allocate those resources to solidifying the defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    It doesnt matter what the average salary is for RBs, fact is Bell was the highest paid back this year at 12 mill and his production wasnt tops in the league....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    For the record you did say: $12 million would be 50% more than the second highest paid running back. But anyways I get where your coming from, so your willing to sign him for 12m but not 15m? I am not letting 3m stop me from signing him, it would be different id our QB was signed for a long time but he is not. Once Ben leaves that big number will gone as well so sign Bell to a 4 year deal 55-50m and give a big sign bonus with a smaller cap hit these next two years and larger the last 2 years when Ben will be gone. There is so much that can be done money should not be a factor in the Bell signing.

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Why should money not be a factor. It's definitely a factor to a business and last time I checked the Steelers org was a business. But say it should not be a factor? So that means Bell should not be using money as a measurement of his worth?

• Like Like x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Because the money is there to spend and with the right moves we have enough money for Bell @ 15m and a FA ILB and S. The fact is some people have a problem giving 15 to Bell, that is their opinion mine is to give him the money. Would I like to have him take less hell yeah but I know we are getting 3 players for one at a point where our QB has 2-3 year left max. jmo

11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Oh I get your opinion and of course your entitled. I would like to be added to the list of people who think 15m is too much .. How do we know he will stay healthy? Money could be used elsewhere. Our offense is not really a problem right now. Without Bell we are indeed different but no necessarily a worse team. Fixed the GD defense.. Sick of watching RB go through our defense like its swiss cheese

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Are you willing to pay 18 million?

13. mark

mark Member

Feb 22, 2018
    dump him,belchick when with different backs every year

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I get ya man and understand there is no right or wrong answer here just opinions, the Steelers will have the answer, lol. How do I know he will stay healthy I don't just like you don't know if he will not stay healthy. You are right the money can be used elsewhere but where? We will have enough money for Bell, a FA ILB and a S. Where do you want to put that money, do you want to keep overpaid guys that offer nothing like Wilcox and Mitchell? If the money is there why not use it while improving the team, not hurting it? I don't care what anyone says but not having bell will hurt the team, could we get by probably but are we the same team.....I say no. jmo :smiley1:

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Nice set up, if I say yes you call me crazy if I say no you say what's 3 mil.......:smiley1:

What I will say is 3 mil over what he got paid last year I am fine with. We talked about this before, my cap for Bell is 16mil, I am not handing an open checkbook to Bell. You have to have a limit somewhere........:thumbs_up:

16. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    RBs are dime a dozen....MOVE ON STEELERS.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Your correct I don't know anything about the health of any player however I will say that when you place that kind of money on one player to perform and sh it gets real the cost of doing this kind of business impacts the steelers bottom line and creates issues relative to caps. Admittedly I know very little about caps but I do know this kind of money is silly to spend and sets a dangerous precedent for future contracts. Wilcox and Mitchell should move on and find their lifes work because they are hot garbage. I would always come to Mitchells defense when people talked crap about him but I am now done with him. He is too slow

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    What about RB/WR/Blocker, are they a dime a dozen.........please show me a guy ONE guy in the NFL that does what Bell has..........don't say Kamara cuse he don't have the touches, snap count or most important blocking ability that why they use 2 backs...........just sayin

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You are not gonna win without spending money I think the 49ers and Clowns showed that, on the other side it was just proven you will win spending money as the Eagles are SB champs. It isn't about how much you spend it is about who you spend it on is Bell the best, he sure the hell has played that way. AB is the best and got paid like it why not Bell? We are paying Tuitt 12m and Heyward 10m but we are not willing to pay 12-15m on a quarter of our offense? This guy does what 3 guys do and wants to get paid like it as he should not 17m but between 12-15m and that is fair. Sorry if Freeman can get 8 & 9m a year Bell is definitely worth 12 at the least. Contracts go up every year it is what it is

20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    RB is a whole different animal. I can see paying a WR (Brown), QB (Rothelisberger) or LT (AV) big bucks, extensions, etc... but good RBs grow on trees right out of college.

21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Isn't the deadline to franchise coming up? Has any one heard anything? If there are negotiations going on they must be pretty tight lipped.

22. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Not at twice the highest paid rate - that's moronic.

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    And Bell is a whole different kind of RB, people keep saying RB's are a dime a dozen but I say again show be another RB that can do what Bell has done. You can't that is what make Bell special, rusher, receiver and one hell of a blocker. He never has to come off the field due to play calling he does it all and Ben feels comfortable with him. That is a point everyone is missing Bell makes everyone better as well.

24. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

He is not worth the $ he is asking, Steelers have other needs they need to focus on ...Just my opinion ...I don't think having him on the team would make or break the Steelers...

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

deadline is march i think is what i read.. I am going to make the bold prediction they will tag him