1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Harrison returns

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Goal line, one of the funniest things ever. I can't stop laughing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BlacknGoldBlood

BlacknGoldBlood Active Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Nobody can kill Chick Norris.. that's ridiculous. I would still fear JH though.

3. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know how anyone can hold anything against him. Was he supposed to have a list of potential teams he would not play for and have them approved so no one was offended? He felt he was screwed over by Tomlin, which many of us agreed. He wanted to play and proved he was quite capable. Anyone one of us in his shoes would have lost our job and went directly across the street to the competitor for employment. James Harrison is still one of my favorite players. Did I hate that he was with the Patriots? Absolutely! Did I hold it against him? Absolutely not! I guess everyone would have only approved had he gone to play for Tampa Bay or another team that was out of our division and out of the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Its hard to compare playing football to a regular job. Not many would complain about getting paid and having to sit at a regular job.
    Harrison signed a contract and I'm guessing there wasn't anything in there about guaranteed playing time?
    Did Tomlin promised him some playing time and not deliver, sounds like it. Here's the thing though as crappy as it may be Tomlin can do that.
    The thing is Harrison didn't like sleeping in meetings, skipping practices, refusing to help teammates , demanding to be released after the first game of the season, etc. are all unacceptable.

I personally was pissed about the situation and the way Harrison acted and the type of teammate he had become. He just rubbed our face in it more like going to the patriots.

Tomlin was doing what he thought was best for the team and Harrison was doing what he thought was best for himself. That really says it all right there!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok Glenn here we go again, :smiley1: First I respect your and everyone else's opinion on the JH situation but I totally disagree. On the first point if someone was promised more "time" at their job and didn't get it I don't know about anyone else but I would be looking for another job. Now onto the point of playing time, while it was not guarantee I get that but what is? Ben has not guarantee to play nor does anyone else but to sit him would be dumb. And like MT did to JH was dumb, all this could have been avoided with a handful of snap in which JH was very capable of doing.

As for the Sleeping in meetings, not helping teammates and stuff I call BS. That is all hear say by guys like Dupree who needs to save face cause he is not performing and Pouncey who likes to voice him opinions on stuff Yeah I am gonna go here.....he stuck up for Aaron Hernendez! Yet we refuse to listen to stand up guys like Heyward when he said JH was not a problem and Watt refused to answer which imo was the smartest of the bunch.

The last thing as far as him going to the cheats I hated it but let's see released in week 14/15 not sure and only 1 week of games left. Where was he suppose to go, he needed to go to a playoff team and there were 3 teams he was rumored to go to. The Titians, Ravens and Cheats...if he wasn't to piss off Steeler fans he could have went to the Ravens. He went to the team that he along with MANY OTHERS felt had a chance at a ring and that was the Cheats, I know one thing after my employer let me go I wouldn't show him no loyalty I would go for what everyone is playing this game for and that is a ring which is what he did.

People can be pissed at him but imo make sure you are just as pissed at MT who could of easily avoided this at any point of the season. One last thing that I keep posting about, people want to talk about how bad a teammate JH is/was well in this day and age of social media nothing is secret so why did it take to week 13 or so for this to become public........I will answer that cause Tomlin is an A$$WIPE!!!!!!! RANT OVER :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Here's my whole point. Tomlin can do what he chooses whether he promised it or not. Things change and the coach has to make tough decisions sometimes.
    As a player you can't do the things that JH did.
    Again Tomlin had the best interest of the team and JH was selfish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Also Harrison admitted that he slept in meetings. And I don't remember him denying anything that was said about him.
    So let me ask you this if it's proven that the allegations against him are true then what's your opinion?

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I get all that, honestly after seeing JH play the 3 weeks for the Cheats do you really believe he was any worse than what we had out there? That was the reasoning MT gave which imo is BS!!!!!!! Also you keep saying as a player you can't do what JH did, well again do we really know what he did and why is he was so bad didn't we hear any of this? Like I have said you can't hide anything these days, why can't people believe what JH said as the truth? Here is his statement again;

If anybody thought I signed a two year deal with a team in the NFL at age 39 to sit on the bench and collect a check and a participation trophy, they're mistaken. I didn't sign up to sit on the bench and be a cheerleader. I was clear about that when I signed and I was told I would be on the field when I signed. When I was asking for reps in camp, I got none. I got lip service though: We know what you can do - you don't need the reps. But i know what my body needs in order to be in shape to compete, and I said so, but still zero reps.

"At the beginning of the season when it was clear I didn't have a role anymore, I asked to be released. Throughout the season, I was told week in & out that I'd be used. I wasn't. I started getting frustrated about the whole thing. I asked to not be dressed or take unnecessary practice reps if I wasn't going to play. That happened for a cpl weeks, then we had a a game week that I got solid reps in practice and everyone assumed I would play. I got to the stadium four hours early as usual, and my locker was empty. Nobody said anything to me about being inactive, just an empty locker. I asked to be released again. I was told no.

"A couple weeks later, they dress me for the game so I assume I'm going to play, and I get zero reps. Stood on the sideline the whole game. I asked to be released again. I was told no. Then a few days later, they released me. I was never told I would be brought back, it was: If I bring u back, be in shape. I cleared waivers, and they didn't call. New England called. Also, to be clear, ask Ryan if I came to see him in the hospital. I didn't help Bud or T.J.? Ask T.J. if I helped him.

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

It would all depend cause I know how I act when I get **** on and it isn't good. I over react as well and sometimes regret it and I can understand where JH is coming from. Again this is a guy who just wanted to play, who was happy just to add to this team not cheer for this team. I like that give me a guy with fire.....not to mention one that has proven he can play all day long. JH was trying to help a team that as we saw needed help MT didn't offer help. jmo

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was a Tomlin supporter based on his record. That is, right up to the end of the New England game. Then I started to waiver. After the Jags game, I’ve started to say WTF.

Wednesday Thursday Friday, just so I’m not misinterpreted. :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    One thing we may have overlooked: JH worshipped Dick LeBeau, and he makes a habit of finding people to disrespect, as hate fuels him. If DL was still here (glad he isn't) do you think JH would sleep in meetings? I'm gonna bet he didn't have respect for Butler and the longer the season went, the more his disrespect showed, the less they would play him and the more ticked off he became and it snowballed. At one point he was a team leader with players showing him mad respect, but as things developed a fissure was created and it manifested in ways like Dupree laughing at the thought of JH being a leader.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    How do we know for a fact that Tomlin promised JH playing time?

So did he want to practice or not?

If Tomlin promised him and didn't deliver that was wrong. As a coach of a team you shouldn't be making individual promises. At the same time as a player on a team shouldn't expect individual treatment.

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well it came right from JH's mouth unlike what you guys are saying which has come from guys like Pouncey and Dupree. We all weren't there so you can either believe 2nd hand(pouncey and Dupree) or you can believe first hand JH or MT.

As for the practice question according to what was quoted there from JH, no since he was told he wasn't gonna play. He asked for reps then didn't get any why practice if it was clear MT wasn't gonna play him????

15. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Why do any back ups practice? In case someone goes down, so they are somewhat prepared.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was just noticing all of the teams who have lined up to sign James in free agency.

With that said, I think he would have helped us against Jacksonville. 4 times on third and long, they ran wide to Watt’s side for a first down. That’s equal to 4 turnovers. Each time Watt failed to contain. JH would not have failed. He just couldn’t cover. And his rush became average. I think Watt was spent by that time, plus he was playing very poor positioning. Part of being a rookie. Part of what you loose when you start rookies. But, you gain from it next year. Hopefully.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My all time favorite movie.

1931 version

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You just made a yummy sound

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh that movie :lolol:

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    C2B3A702-2E3A-4445-83D6-0200E855C7BE.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    So you think a 40 year old man which in nfl standards is a grandpa is paying millions of dollars to get his body in tune to be somewhat on the level of his much younger peers is doing all that hard work at his old age to be on the bench? The Steelers or another team could pay him to just coach and he could not spend all that money on training if he was just there to be a bench sitting mentor..

23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    But what do I expect from a person who thinks losing is ok lol

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Somebody's a little late to the party?

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012