1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I agree with Colin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Loosely run teams underachieve, and that is what we are under Tomlin.

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
  3. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I truly like listening to Cowherd sometimes, but he is the biggest flip flopper in the history of sport reporting. He rides the bandwagon of whatever is hot at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. BlacknGoldBlood

BlacknGoldBlood Active Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Colin BLOWhard is just a shock jock. He knows very little about a lot of things. Just enough to keep ratings up. Personally can't stand the guy. Pick a side and stay there.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah, Tomlin's not a good coach. Been true for years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    dont mind cowherd at all.. His lisp is mildly annoying but from years of listening to Shannon Sharpe you get use to it lol

He talks about Bens dislike of tomlin and I sorta agree with him. Ben is likely sick of how immature some of the players on this team are with their social media crap and calling out teams and making promises .. Even discussing your contract for the next year 2 days before a playoff game is just so wrong . Right Bell?

7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Cowherd has not flip flopped on Tomlin. And as Steelers fans who watch every game, we do not need a sports analyst to tell us Tomlin is a mediocre coach. He is what he is. Steelers will need some luck to win another title with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    As for ben. He needs to look in the mirror. Players play and he has had some horrible games in big moments. He has also laid eggs against lesser teams. Dont get me wrong, he has won many games for us and i wouldnt trsde him for anyone and i mean that.

I didnt watch the videos above cause i can stand cowturd. He is an idiot. Bell needs to grow up but again. Its the new age player. Social media is here to stay and no coach is gonna stop it. Jimo

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I actually like the non-PC sports commentators like Cowherd, Stephen A., Mark Madden and others who aren't afraid of expressing their opinions in a strong way. I don't always agree with them, but I appreciate the fact that they don't hold back when commenting on an issue. Some things don't need to be sugar-coated, they just need to be said. For the most part, I absolutely agree with what Cowherd has said about the "non-buttoned up" culture on the Steelers. It's been Tomlin's achilles heel for the better part of the last decade, costing us playoff seeding, playoff games, losing to lesser opponents, etc. Cowherd may be wrong about a few things, but he's not wrong about this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Colin is full of crap he doesn't know what's going on with the Steelers, like when he said Ben was trying to get Tomlin fired his source was probably Bradshaw :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    This is an example of what i hate about the media. They all act like they have inside info. He is spouting off and dont have a clue. Nobody outside the organization does and i hope it stays that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
  13. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
  14. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Some of you people crack me up. Those of you who are saying he's Collin is a blowhard or a moron or what ever...did you actually listen to his points and what he said? If you did how can you deny the fact that he has a VERY legit point? Hearing steeler fans defend lack of discipline on this team is like hearing republicans defend the Russian govt. Those 2 things never happen....yet here it is. Since when did the steelers excuse selfish play and sloppiness? Since when did we accept bad defense? This is exactly why we can't win in the playoffs...but so many seem to be ok with it.

Collin's point about Ben... he's correct Ben did in fact call out Tomlin a bunch... apparently 7 times. That's true. When a franchise QB calls out a HC multiple times they probably want them gone... how can you really think otherwise? Obviously Ben has an issue with the way this team is coached. He's typically been very good about keeping it inside the locker room and he IMO called out the coaches like a true experienced leader should.

Collin says he has sources that say he's right... I'm willing to bet he does. He's got sources all over the NFL...it's his job and he's nationally recognized and paid to have these sources. If he runs around lying about sources and starts making up stuff he's going to get black balled really quick in this business. It's funny to hear some of you say... oh he has no sources! He doesn't have a clue....bla bla bla... like you some how do? You have sources do you? lol I guess it's easy to say he's a fraud, ignore anything he has to say if you don't like it, and throw insults that have nothing to do with what his point was to delegitimize the messenger. A lot of that going around these days... What's with most people now days flat out refusing to listen to facts and consider a logical point from a person who has some knowledge? love Collin or hate him he's spot on with his points about Tomlin...he has been for a long time. Personally I think he's an annoying sports personality.... but I think he's very smart and a very good writer...he should stick to that.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    If you think its his job to have sources around anything he reports, u dont know him very well. He gives his opinion and best guesses to keep ratings. Colin has been wrong a ton in his career. People love that though, that is only reason he is still on the air. He will even admit he doesnt have many friends in the business. My guess is thst is why

He is the one who years ago that said saban would fail at bama because he knew people who said he it was his staff at lsu who got him that championship

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    We talk about this team being loosely coached all the time, and Ben is 18-1 in QB sneaks and we havent run that play in 4 years with the biggest QB in the league, that screams incompetence to me, 4th and 1 and we blew it 3 times against the jags while ben said he wanted to sneak it but didnt get the call..........

17. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    Steelers fans REALLY should not defend Colin on anything ,not only he says junk to get ratings ,he is also on brady and billicheat payroll..

18. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I still have a tough time believing ben cant call his own number there. I mean we hear he calls alot if the plays in no huddle. U cant tell me he cant change to a sneak if wanted to

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm no fan of Cowherd, but he's right about a lot of things related to the Steelers. People have a hard time dealing with facts and truth these days. Cowherd is sometimes like Mark Madden, though... he goes over the top with hyperbole to boost ratings.

20. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    Colin is all about, Hollywood, ratings and superstars .

21. BlacknGoldBlood

BlacknGoldBlood Active Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Some of you say that "Colin is right about a lot of things..." Well if I changed my opinion with the ever blowing wind I would manage to be right about a lot of things as well. Most of the things (ALL) he is right about are the same things he was wrong about last week. SMH

22. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Colin is right about 1 thing for sure....He ALWAYS picks the pats to beat the Steelers .

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm confused about something and maybe you or someone else can help. Ben, like most quarterbacks around the league, has the option to change the play at the LOS, right? So if Ben wants to run a quarterback sneak so badly, why doesn't he change the play at the LOS if he's confident he can get the first down by following Pouncey or Decastro on a sneak? A veteran quarterback like Ben has 100% clearance to audible out of any play. I believe that Ben would rather heave the ball downfield than stick his helmet into the rear end of one of his linemen and follow them. It's his gunslinger mentality and a quarterback sneak is, well, not very exciting. But when the play fails, it's "that call came from the sideline". :facepalm:

24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    He's been consistent on his position with regard to Tomlin and the Steelers for a while now. :shrug:

25. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    There was a reason he was moved from ESPN to a network that nobody watches FS1...they teamed him up with another clown Jason Whitlock.