1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Belicheck might have come back to the pack last night

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Feb 5, 2018.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know tomlin has his faults. Sometimes team isnt ready to play but i have talked to 3 pats fans today who want bill to retire. They arr saying he was severely out coached.

One said he would take tomlin now. Three points they made were

1. Not playing butler

2. Waiting till 2nd half to but gillmore on Jeffery

3. Why not target gronk 30 times. Even when game was on the line. Gronk would chip and go to the flat. Unlike when the played steelers and seam route after seem route.

I think personally that is 2 super bowls in a row they have been out coached. Last year atlanta took foot of the gas.

Tomlin has faults yes. But i think bill has shown a few more than people thought he had

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Patriots should be on their 5th straight SB loss.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah, a couple of handoffs and they haven't won anything in a long time.

Still Bellicheat has been to 11 superbowls. Pretty amazing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This is what is really interesting to me. If the falcons run the ball in the fourth quarter and the Seahawks hand the ball to Lynch three times, the Pats are 3-5 in Superbowls with Brady and Belicheat. Much different conversation about their legacy at that point.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    But yet, the Patriots were up on the Eagles with 5 minutes to go. Patriots are still the best team in the AFC and only the Jaguars are even close. If the Broncos somehow get Cousins at QB, then they might threaten NE. Maybe the Texans if Watson can pick up where he left off. Other than that, the rest of the AFC is average or weak going into 2018.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Belichick should be getting killed today and he is. Badly coached game. Hes still a better coach then Tomlin but with some up and coming coaches in the NFL, its not clear cut that he is the best anymore.

That move to bench Butler was not only incredibly stupid it was the most heartless thing I have ever seen in real life. Thats movie **** right there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

I am afraid (unless brady gets injured ) there will be the same ole same ole AFC aka the JV football ...pats will be the #1 seed again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

That is the way to win though! The "Patriot Way"!!!

In fact, here is the "Patriot Way" in its entirety;

I, Bill Belichick, am the New England Patriots! By my rule, there shall be no opposition. No resentment. No opposition!!

I am the Alpha and the Omega! Thou who elect to denigrate my rule shall face my fury!

:lolol::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelburgh

steelburgh Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Always easy to criticize the coach that is on the losing end of a game. Yes, NE should have lost to Seattle, bonehead playcall at the end of the game, and probably should have lost last year to Atlanta.

However, if Philly doesn't convert that 4th down with approximately five minutes to play, NE probably goes down and scores and wins the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Yeah, but the Giants also had 2 miracle plays to beat them. Bottom line, most of these games come down to 1 or 2 plays, whether it's lucky, coaching, etc. who knows?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    But, if they Gaints didn't have a couple of crazy catches, Pats might of won those Super Bowls.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats true. Works both ways.

13. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    and if a certain past Steeler QB that will not be named doesn't throw 2 picks directly to the opposing D, we may have had another too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Or Mendy fumbling against the Packers

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Still hate him. That one will burn forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I think the only reason the Patriots didn’t win is because the officials stayed out of the game. There were blatant calls that could have gone against both teams. eagles were allowed to play physical with WR’s. Patriots were allowed to hold and push off. That Hail Mary at the end was full of blatant infractions on both teams... Patriots WR was leveled 20 yards down field and Gronk was throwing defenders around while the ball was in the air. It was like street ball. NE needs the officials to call a tight game to win. Just looking at the season they had 3-4 games that were actually decided by penalties all in the patriots favor. If those calls went against the patriots they probably don’t make the playoffs. That’s how close these games are and that’s how dependent NE is on officials throwing flags.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe the Patriots should fire Belichick his team wasn't ready to play, they couldn't stop the Eagles and Belichick is supposed to be a defensive genius. Or maybe New England is like Pittsburgh good offense but the defense stinks and got exposed :shrug:.

18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    If Brady had been getting knocked out of the playoffs early and to inferior teams for the last 8 years then maybe you’d have a legit point. I recall them winning a sb last season with a bad defense and a no one around Brady besides Gronk. Imagine if Brady had our WR,s and Bell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. The Pats could just as easily be undefeated in SB's under Belichek. The reality is that Belichek is regularly in AFC championship games, almost always wins his division and has been to 8 SB's as a head coach, including 3 in a row. Was he outcoached last night? Perhaps. Has he been outcoached before? Yes, and he will be again. He's definitely not perfect. The thing is, he makes it extremely difficult to beat the Pats. Foles had to be almost perfect and he still needed a defensive TO at the end to stop them. Some of those throws he made were in very tight windows, yet he nailed them all. If he hadn't played such a great game, Philly would have lost. That's the reality when you play the Pats, you need to play your best, because if you faulter even a tiny bit, they'll beat you.

The grass is always greener on the other side. If Pats fans want him to retire, it's because they've grown too accustomed to winning and they've lost touch with reality. They've been to 3 SB's in a row. They've won 2 of them. Even if they were 3-5 in SB's, that's still a ridiculous amount of success.

McVay and Pederson look like they will be very good coaches, but until someone actually unseats him, Belichek is still the best coach in the league and there's not a close second. The results speak for themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And if GB WR's didn't drop numerous balls, they beat us by far more than they did. It goes both ways. GB was a far better team than us that day

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    They didn't even have Gronk last year!!

22. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Whether we like it or not, in this era of parity in the N.F.L. the Patriots have been to 12 AFC championship games and 10 Super Bowls since belichick was head coach since 2000.Throw in the fact that he’s been to 7 straight AFC championship games is actually pretty mind blowing!Yeah, he’s had Brady as a QB in those years but many other players that have excelled in his system that may have been just decent on other teams!Most of the time who ever he plugs in there does a great job!He gets the best out of his players on a pretty consistent basis!I know he’s coached in a subpar division but usually never plays down to the competition and does what a great team does!Win the games he’s supposed to if you know where I’m going with this?Don’t know all the circumstances of the Butler deal this last Sunday but it must have been fairly serious to bench him for the whole game!No lack of discipline in that organization for sure! I’d like to see a little bit of that discipline with the talent we have!!

23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep. The problem is, for most of the regular season the officials were all over the games. For the post-season they basically disappeared.

I don't know if that was to do with
    a) the calibre of the officiating crews;
    b) the calibre of the teams - though unlikely to be this as there were clear penalties getting missed;
    c) there was a line from the NFL that they wanted refs to stay out the games more; or
    d) it's just my skewed and bitter perception.

24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    So did the Steeler defense...

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Green font is for sarcasm, doesn't change the fact that Belichick got outcoached by Pederson in the SB.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1