1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

tickets

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by punkneater, May 13, 2012.

1. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I need 3 tickets to the Redskins game in October. Over the past few years I've gotten lazy and just bought tickets from ticket exchange. Money's tight this year. I remember a long time ago I bought tickets from ticketmaster on a Saturday morning in June-- there was limited supply and was first come first serve. Do the Steelers still do this? Do tickets still go on sale in June??

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yes each year tickets go on sale on ticketmaster as they have for a number of years now. They havent announced the on sale for this year though. If you're on the Steelers ticket waiting list you will get a notice before everyone else (that alone is worth signing up for the list).

3. SteelerLady

SteelerLady Active Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I need 3 tickets to the Jets game in September. My family and I have never been able to go to a Steelers home game. We were finally able to get the time off, now money is tight and we can't touch the $200+ per ticket price. If anyone knows of anyone selling tickets for this game at a price closer to face value, please, please, please let me know!!

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I need some too Jets or redskins...gotta go before it gets cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Best chance is when they go on sale people!

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah when is that I keep forgetting, I think mid-June probably, anywhere form 15th through 20th sometime????

7. SteelerSteve

SteelerSteve Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Took my kids to their first game last year, the heartbreaker v. the Ravens and now they expect we are coming out from Michigan once a year! I let them pick and they said "we wanna see big mouth Rex Ryan get mad when the Steelers are beating them". So I need 4 tickets to Jets game and I can pay up to $150ish per ticket for the right seats. Let me know! I think the online sale is gonna prove to be here and gone in about 5 minutes when it happens in June so hard to count on that one.

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I think you could be right...I know its June but never can remember which week...I have a gut feeling that they will be mailing out info on the on sale soon to waiting list members.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Always remember the bigger the game the bigger the PRICE.

10. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    dont they usually go on sale the day before fathers day?

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Last year it was June 25. The year before June 19.

12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    As posted on the Steelers web site this morning, individual tickets will go on sale Saturday, June 23rd at 10:00 am.
    Which, coincidentally, is the exact date and time of my sons graduation.

13. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    SHHHHH! That's less fix for the rest of us.

14. punkneater

Dec 13, 2011
  15. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: DATS DA WAY IT GOES!!!!!!

16. Steelermama

Steelermama Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Does anyone know...is it a total of 4 tickets...or can you buy 4 tickets per game? I've purchased tickets this way before, but can't remember what the deal is. Thanks!

17. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    4 total

18. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Good luck getting any tickets. Many of us last year weren't able to get anything from Ticketbastard when they supposedly went on sale. I think there were some shady dealings there. I don't expect this year to be much different.

19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Its all just a matter of luck...when you have thousands upon thousands of people trying for the same thing with only so many of that thing available...they sell out quick. Most years I've been lucky and have been able to get some without a problem...its just the luck of the draw.

20. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    While normally I would agree with you, I can't think of ANYONE last year from the old MB that actually got them when they went on sale. Normally someone would chime in and say they got them, but I never heard it last year. When the onsale happens, I have 4 computers going trying to get in. I usually am able to get at least one success, most times 2. I guess we'll see tomorrow. If not, off to the ticket exchange I guess

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i've heard of people going through visiting teams box offices to get tickets before. they are usually alotted so many.

i also remember a few years ago you could send a check to our box office early in the week and if visiting teams didn't sell all their tickets people could get them here then if they had the check in to the box office. if you were not lucky enough to get them, they would return your check. i'm not sure if that's still done now or not. it could be worth a try, and they were face value. we got tickets that way if we needed more than the 4 we have.

i have also been very successful at scalping them when this problem arose too. i have never paid more than face value for tickets by scalpers. the closer to game time the better the deals. they don't want to be stuck with them. we have great seats, but i have also scalped some really good ones in the past. :shrug: :cool:

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Man I'm starting to hate the Ticket Master single game ticket sale.

The first year I got some really great tickets. No I've been shut out for 3 years now. F'n BS!!!!!

I noticed I didn't even get an email notification this year about the sale even though I'm no the season ticket waiting list. Unsat. Unsat.

23. punkneater

Dec 13, 2011
    The Good: I scored 5 tickets on the cheap!!! Preseason vs Panthers, reg season vs Chargers.

The Bad: I didn't get the game I wanted (Redskins)

The Ugly: I really hate the way this is done. I miss the good old days with the season tix waiting list lottery sale.

Oh well, I'm pumped!!!!! :herewego:

24. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I am going to the Eagles regular season game. It will be my first time seeing a home game. Excited!

25. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Got some tickets to San Diego, second year in a row got tickets over the internet. I know a lot of people are upset at ticketmaster but I can't compain. Looks like there were still tickets available for Cleveland half an hour ago.

If you want tickets bad, I think you have to just pick a game in late November/December and hope for the best. Seems a lot of people prefer warmer weather, I say bring on the snow.