1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate From 1-10 ....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers-MT, Feb 2, 2018.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Seven for me.

Way too much talent collided with an arrogance that was far too great to overcome; both coaches and players.

2012 will haunt me forever though.

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I don't feel they will retain him with the cap savings, as well as letting Gay go as well would save around 8 mill.

That being said it wouldn't surprise me if both were still here with the great season they both had :roflmao:

I mean really, don't we all want them to keep this kick@ss defense together? :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    After watching Willie Gay get burned time after time after time in last year's AFCCG, I just knew he wouldn't be back, but guess what? I realize Gay came at a cheaper price, but I wouldn't doubt that Tomlin will bring Mitchell back so he can continue to "do what we do!". :facepalm:

4. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    2015 when they lost to Denver was more disappointing than this one.

This was a frustrating year. They won games but almost every one was a struggle. You never got a sense, despite all the talent on paper, that this was a great team and that is what I found frustrating.

The loss to the Jags would have been more crushing if it were less expected. These guys, in many ways, underachieved all year, which I put on this joke of a coaching staff

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Insert Throw Up emoji...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Here ya go...

:puking 3::puking 4::puking 5::puking2:

• Like Like x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If the Steelers were an organization like the Browns, season would have been an 0 but their not so even at 13-4 I give it a 7. Had some exciting nerve wracking games.

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I guess there’s a difference between rating the season as a whole, and the way it finished.

I was pleasantly surprised in the regular season, particularly with the defense in the first half, then the offense in the second. I didn’t think we’d go 13-3.

It seemed that different units had ups and downs throughout the year, so summarising it into one number is difficult.

The Jags game was crushing, but perhaps not entirely surprising. On the basis of that exit, it’s probably an 8. For the whole season, probably a 4. It was generally a more enjoyable one to watch than the last few.

9. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I give it a 7 I was over it pretty quickly. I never really thought the D was good enough to win a SB or beat NE.

We inflated our record against a lot of second string average to lousy QB's this year.

Does anyone know for sure if Tuitt was playing hurt he was almost invisible for the last 3/4 of the season.

10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    A 9. We allowed pats to probably get 6. Wasted talent

And it was when I realized we won’t win another with Tomlin.

So much depression lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    How many games did we get our butts kicked and then somehow scratch and claw our way back into the game with superior offensive talent allowing Boswell to win it in the end? We were 13-3 and I realize that's a great record, but we could have just as easily been 10-6 or 9-7.

What??!! Average to lousy QBs?? Deshone Kizer. Mike Glennon, Brett Hundley. Blake Bortles. Jacoby Brisset. TJ Yates. Those names strike fear in the hearts of defenses, dude! If you don't get that, I can't help you. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. TOMSTEEL88

TOMSTEEL88 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    0000000 zero zippo . I don't care about the 13-3 record . Are we playing right now . NOOOOOO . All that talent we have and nothing . Watching New England in this game makes me puke

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Isn't the scale for disappointment level? So 0 would mean you're not disappointed at all...?

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree. 94 was catastrophic because the Steelers were so much better than they performed in the AFCCG vs. Chargers.

Steelers were barely getting by backup and rookie QBs in '17. And then they let the great Blake Bortles post 45 on them. One and done was no surprise. Losing the AFC Championship in 94 will echo into eternity.

15. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    I had to re-rank 01 as a 9 because this year was a 10 for me. Not just for the typical underachieving and wasted opportunity, but the week in and week out drama. Watching my beloved Steelers go from a model franchise to the fn Kardashians was too much for me.

16. brosonke

brosonke Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2018
    I'm going to rate this season a 7 for disappointment. A lot of talent to lose in our first playoff game, but after all, we had a very successful 13-3 season and should have been 14-2 if the NFL doesn't botch the Jesse James call. This was the first year in a while where we won all of the close games during the regular season which was good to see. Hopefully, they can sure up the defense a little bit and bounce back next year to get ring #7.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I enjoyed the heck out of this season, playoffs not so much. Season gets a 3 (early Jax game and NE game plus losing Shaz) • Playoffs 10

People point to the close games and complain but how many of those games would they have lost in years past? To me, good teams pull those games out and thats progress. Hopefully next year we put those teams away earlier and continue to improve and climb upwards.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well, I'd say a 4.5. Making 13-3 with the coaching we have was a miracle. With all the dumb offensive calls and piss poor defense (run by the HC apparently), along with making nobody QB's have career best days, how can anyone really think we were Super Bowl material. Even with 2 weeks prep against a Bortles led team AGAIN, we were out matched and out coached. What I saw on the Eagles sideline during the SB was a fine example of superior coaching and player prep.

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It is not super high for me, deep down I knew our defense was trash, I didn't have high expectations.

A couple years ago when we lost to Denver, I felt if we were healthy we had a good shot, that was a truly missed opportunity.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1