1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The REAL TB12!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Jan 30, 2018.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    In an era when defense could actually play Defense he was the field general of 4 Super Bowl wins, 2 back to back. All in one decade. Never lost. Never cheated...

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This is not a discussion on where Terry belongs on the all-time list, there is much debate about that. I'm simply referring to his play in Super Bowls. No matter what you think of Terry as a person or his standing on the all-time quarterback list, the fact is Terry was MONEY in Super Bowls.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, best QB ever during superbowls, when he played in them you knew ahead of time something good was going to happen, you and the team had all the confidence that he and Swann, Stallworth were going to come thru at some point in the game. Also back then the recievers where getting mugged and beat up the whole time.

With todays QB in superbowls your just not sure what to expect other than Brady dinking and dunking everywhere. This is probably due to the rule changes. So to me it is even more remarkable the accomplishments of Bradshaw, Swan and Stallworth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Let me get this straight, anyone who thinks Bradshaw is the greatest is clueless because a big talk show host told you he wasn't? A talk show host who never even played any meaningful football, and is a New York homer? I called our local DJ here, Don the Schlong, and he said Mike Francesa is full of s*#t!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

There is not a person in the world other than some douche steelers homer that thinks Terry Bradshaw is the best qback of alltime. Get a life........

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    A. I never said Terry Bradshaw is the best QB of all time. B. I have a wonderful life. C. Reading comprehension is not your strong point. D. Yes, I am a Steelers homer...that is why I post on a Steelers message board, Duh. E. I wont resort to name calling but I do question the intelligence of someone who does. I can can continue but I'm betting it will not be understood and answered with more labels!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    It's nearly impossible to compare players from different eras, but......

Career stats % of TD passes thrown
    Bradshaw Regular season 5.4%
    Bradshaw Playoffs 6.6%

Brady regular season 5.5%
    Brady playoffs 4.8%

Montana regular season 5.1%
    Montana playoffs 6.1%

So in my conclusion..... Bradshaw is the TB12 real deal..... virtually the same % of his passes were for TD's as Brady..... except you will note that Bradshaw stepped it up a notch in the playoffs..... while marsha actually dropped off on his stats. So I guess you could say that Brady got the benefit of a better team than Bradshaw. Montana is shown because he also stepped it up a notch in the playoffs. I'd take Bradshaw over Brady every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    And, as has been noted...even though some want to discount it, when Bradshaw threw a TD pass it was typically of the longer, more spectacular variety and not a glorified run like Brady's. Bradshaw could be maddening at times but he had one heckuva lethal arm and could knock you out from anywhere on the field!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Also as Bradshaw's throws were of the longer type the long throws were also of a lower trajectory that rarely traveled higher then 20 to 30 ft off the ground very unlike some QB like Ben and Brady that have to heave it very high in order for it to get there. This was because of his strong arm and previous javelin throwing. Ive watched many times in practice that he would throw across the field (sideline to sideline) by just flicking his wrists. The other QB's on the team had to bring their arm way back and heave it high to do the same throw.

He had one of the strongest arms of any QB, his weakness was the dinking ad dunking which he couldn't do at all.

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    There are those on this board who say Ben was the greatest QB the Steelers ever had. The NFL of the 70's is different then the NFL today. I will say this, in Super Bowls I'll take Terry over Ben any day. if not for the refs loving us in the Seattle game, Ben would be 1-2 in SB's.

11. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    The blatant holding calls? You sound like a seattle fan. They were penalties but that being said Ben had probably the worse game of his life and we still beat a very good football team.......

12. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep, Ben had the worst passer rating than any winning quarterback in Super Bowl history. He was THE REASON we got there and played lights out in the playoffs, but he obviously had other things on his mind other than playing football in the week leading up to the game.

image.jpg

13. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If you did not see terry actual play in the SB and the regular season yoq miss a ,key fact and chalk up his success to the D.What imo made the D so good was Terrys play.his toudhness! we had a D with pride and no way would they allow a QB to be tougher Than they were.Terry inspired the D to play better!Some of his RUNS were epic example of toughness, it was not just his passing it was the tough player he was..........he inspired his teammates to be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I saw all the games of the 70`s and regarding Bradshaw the short version is he was along for the ride in the 74 and 75 SB seasons, but each year he got better as a QB and the team was absolutely dependent on his play in the 78 and 79 seasons. At worst one could call him an Eli Manning type of QB where if you put a SB team around him, he can win a SB for you. That would be very harsh. I think he was better than that and you have to judge by the era one plays in. He did not choke in the big game, so that is why he is in the HOF.

15. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Brady wouldnt have lasted 5 yrs in the 70s-80s era of football. Jack Lambert would have been picking pieces of his jersey from his teeth after the game.

16. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016

Brady is probably the greatest qb that ever lived. Alls he does is kick our teeth down our throats every time he plays us. Yea he would have gotten his bell rung a few more times but alls I am hearing is " back in the day football was football" and it was and I miss it. I have alot more respect for the receivers than any position but as far as qbacks are concerned brady would have been incredible then too. He looks like a pussy but alot tougher than you think. Our forum looks like the bengals forum against us. Maybe if we start giving the pats respect maybe the tide will change a little.

17. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016

Yup he was horrible. what I remember most about that game is when he threw pick in endzone on horrible throw when we were on 4 yd line. A td there and we would have been up 21-3 and probably win that game 45 -3 and we would not have to hear about refs........

18. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    If Turkey Joe from Cleveland planted Brady head first like he did Bradshaw I think Brady would have never played again. Maybe Brady is tough to you but to me he is still a pussy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I still don't know how Bradshaw survived that. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I do agree with that statement but I also think the Steelers of the 70's would have never been as good as they were in the NFL of today. Rule changes would not have favored them.

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Francessa thinks Eli is a better QB then Ben so Id take what he says about Bradshaw with a grain of salt. He and Starbauch were on the same level IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  22. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Last night should solidify the REAL TB12 as Bradshaw.... who's career included a 4-0 Super Bowl record..... the other TB was a pedestrian 5-3 in the SB.