1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It was hours before the big game and ....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mstng1863, Nov 5, 2011.

1. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    How are you feeling? Confident? Excited? Nervous? Or what?

2. Tantum Dic Verbo

Tantum Dic Verbo Member

Oct 29, 2011
    I'm getting a full-body massage right before the game. I anticipate being very relaxed going in.

3. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Time is moving to slow!! I even get the feeling we are all going to go backwards in time tonight. :D

4. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    You are so right!!! :roflmao:

5. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I've been doing my best to forget the game was even happening... then I read this thread, now it's right back in the front of my mind. I just hope they don't stress me out during the game and I don't spend all day tomorrow just waiting for the game to happen.

6. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My girlfriend said I have been very crabby all day. I'm anxious as hell. If I told her why she'd be pissed because it's so frivolous to her. This is the most I have thought about a game all season. It's consumed my week. I have had to read and talk about it because if I didn't it would screw with me internally even more. I'm sure of it...

7. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think I am going to look to buy some horse tranquilizers....

8. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    nervous,excited, and more nervous. GO STEELERS!! :towel:

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Calm for now.

In 14 hours? :rawk: :herewego:

10. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I am kinda nervous but if we play like we did last week on offense then we will win.We need to put up big vumberson the score board because of our injured defense.

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am surprisingly calm....although I felt the same way Week 1, too, and we all know how that turned out. Im thinking around six, I will need to have a couple of drinks to settle the nerves.... :drinks:

12. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The one "good" thing is that i'll have to work tonight (but will be home well in time for the game, should probably be around half-time for the late games) and considering how crazy work will be on a Sunday afternoon/evening I probably won't have the time to go crazy ... that'll come on my way home :D

But thanks for reminding, need to put a few beers into the fridge :drinks: Like I told a friend before the Pats game ... I'll need them one way or another, either because of :cry: or :yahoo:

13. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    feelin great....am not worried at all after last weeks performance

14. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  15. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm confident. Honestly, if the Steelers don't want this bad enough to win AT HOME after that butt whooping the Birds gave us week 1, then they deserve to lose.

Besides, we'll crush them, they suck! :grin: :dancing:

GO STEELERS!

16. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Like always, nervous and more tense as the game gets closer. I tend to watch every game on the edge of my seat, elbows on knees. Hurts like crazy by the end of a game like this!

GO STEELERS!! :towel:

17. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I can't wait for 8:21pm tonight. I'm thinking about what type of affect James Harrison will have on this game, and what adjustment Dick Lebeau will make to make up for the absence of Woodley.

Can't wait to get this one in the win colume so that they can concentrate on the Bungles. Can't wait to see there QB Dalton and WR Green, first time facing a real division defense. They have four games between the Steelers and the Ratbirds. Could be four loses.

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This is me. My guts get in knots and I get really anxious. I watch the game on the edge of my seat and yell at the tv quite a bit, and say sorry to my wife or kids if I get too carried away. Depending on who we are playing, I'm not really confident unless we have more than a 17 point lead at halftime. I am pretty confident we'll send them home crying though.

:herewego!:

19. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Me three... No more to say, no less... Thanks.

20. harristotle

Oct 17, 2011
    Ok, now I'm starting to get all nervous. I knew I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything today! :frustrated:

21. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    :frustrated: Time is just dragggggging... It's like SB sunday...

22. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    killing time by watching Rivers throwing more balls to the Packers defenders than to his own WRs :roflmao:

23. harristotle

Oct 17, 2011
    I can't watch the cheese faces... I've developed a newfound hatred for that team. The only way I will be satisfied is if they go undefeated only to lose to us by 2 touchdowns in the Superbowl.

24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL. Nah...

If it was SB Sunday, we would have had 3 hours of pre-game already. And on a personal note, I'd have eaten way too much food and drank about 8 beers by now. :hehehe:

25. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm actually starting to get sleepy... All I wanted earlier was to go to a bar, drink beer and watch this game. Now I need toothpicks to keep my eyes open. Damn!!!