1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell, Steelers have made significant progress on extension talks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Jan 24, 2018.

1. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    GOOD. You guys can be pissy all you want, but we have little to no shot at a Super Bowl without him.

Also, FWIW:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, that's certainly far better than how the media has portrayed it. What a surprise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    So let me get this straight. Bell took personal leave before the 2016 Afcc, and then he took personal leave again before this year's playoff game. Maybe Bell needs to handle his personal business on his own time. Maybe next season when he asks someone should tell him to get his ass to practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I'd imagine a massive paycheck might help... lol

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Chill.....personal business could be anything and even medical related. He was nursing a injury before last years game and he could of been receiving some sort of medical attention that you probably don't want to be announced. I'm pretty sure he is also still in the NFL drug protocol so it could of been related to that.
    I remember MB missing practices for undisclosed reasons this season that also could of been related. If the team knew about it ,then they knew. Just another example of the media looking for a story.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  7. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Boooo. Not because I don't like Bell or believed the antics, but they need to spend that money on the defensive side of the ball.

Check out the Steeler's schedule next year...they face the top QB in the NFL...they're going to get chewed up!

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Sounds good. A third of his deal can go to bonuses and another full year from bell from the 1st game on would be sweet along with a good draft.

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

He got a 13 million dollar paycheck last season

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldnt be pissy if they kept Bell, Id just hope he matures a lot over the offseason.

Things like tweeting about rd 2 with the Patriots before playing a current opponent or talking about holding out before a playoff game shouldnt happen anymore. I want more "WE" attitude on this team and less "ME' attitude.

11. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    gotta get him 1 or 2 quality backups.

12. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I really hope this kid has a real soul search over the summer and becomes a team player

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This was out of the mouth of Bell. Until I hear something from the Steelers organization verifying it's a moot point.

14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Nothing will change unless Tomlin changes himself and then runs a tight ship. When the head coach is talking about a second meeting with the Patriots, of course the players will follow suit

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, good point, he was doing it too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah as usual the media reporting about stuff they don't have the full story on.....

As for Bell and the Steelers being close I like it but until it gets done i am not ready to party yet. As for the money part of it if we can pay Tuitt 13.6mil we can pay Bell. Not taking a shot at Tuitt just saying Bell is the best at his position and a major part of the offense. The offense which is the stong point of this team so I say spend it......

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bell does have a baby, it could've been a family matter :shrug:.

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He will probably rap about it again :lolol:, he needs his 17 million per.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Still gotta score, ask Jacksonville. I’m sure they will make some changes, but we need to replace Lake, his DBs under performed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Bell is a baby so there are two babies in the family.

21. petekoutromanos

petekoutromanos Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Its funny , how the media portrays the Steelers as the bad guys, and the Pats as perfect, and everyone buys it, Bell is a beast in his prime, he plays his ass off,and made a lot of plays in the Jags game, we had some bad bounces against the Jags, and our offense still kept us in the game, if we have a few flags thrown our way like the Pats always do believe me we could have beat them, and the Pats should have lost as well if they didn't get the help, but Amendolas catch is viewed as great, just as Bells, Browns or Bryants beautiful TDS in the Jags would have as well, a few holding calls here or there we could have won that game. Sign him quickly, so the media has nothing to talk about,and as far as the defense maybe we get lucky and get a few starters in this draft or maybe the Pats favoritism stops and games are called legitmitally and we have a fighting chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Nailed it! Tomlin has now made himself the elephant in the room and his seat should be hot enough to roast peanuts......

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Just another example of the media looking for a story, and message board patrons eating it up with a spoon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    About 3 weeks too early.:glare:

25. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    He personally had to sleep in. :lolol: You believe him? :facepalm: