1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ANGRY STEELER FAN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TOMSTEEL88, Jan 23, 2018.

1. TOMSTEEL88

TOMSTEEL88 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Ok everyone I usually don't post anything but here are my thoughts on our Steelers. First off I'm sick about hearing about James Harrison , the refs , patriots cheating , our coaching, killer bees .... the list goes on and on . The bottom line is in order for the Steelers to win .. WE NEED DISCIPLINE . And it starts with on top with Art Rooney the 2nd then with coach mike Tomlin. There is absolutely no discipline with this team . I'm sick of hearing about killer bees I'm sick of the stupid touchdown celebrations it made me disgusted hearing about some of our players and our undisciplined head coach talking about New England before playing Jacksonville and then 3 days before playoff game Bell talking about contract . That's pathetic . You guys think Chuck Noll would put up with that crap ... ABSOLUTELY NOT. ITS CALLED DISCIPLINE. Great teams win multiple championships with discipline coaches . Example packers with Vince lombardi OUR STEELERS with Chuck Noll , cowboys had Tom Landry, Dolphins had Don Shula. Joe Gibbs with Redskins . parcels with giants . Oh I'm leaving out other coaches with teams but bottom line is called discipline. Some of you complain about New England but the truth is they are great right now because bill belichick coaching with DISCIPLINE . I'm so sick of hearing about cheating the tuck rule and paying off the refs . It's garbage and it jealously. Hell fans of other teams said the same thing about the STEELERS DYNASTY IN THE 70s but the media was not as big as it is now. Now James Harrison and L Blount both playing in the super bowl . It wasn't about money why they wanted out it was because they wanted to play football .Tomlin is not a great coach he's a average coach and what Terry Bradshaw said was absolutely true ... a cheerleading coach with no discipline

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Tomlin scored BIG with becoming the STEELERS coach...thinking highly of Tomlin is like thinking highly of all the scrubs brady won sbs with....

Without the Steelers Tomlin is a nobody....without brady those scrubs around him are nobodies. ..

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TOMSTEEL88

Nov 17, 2014

4. TOMSTEEL88

Nov 17, 2014
    Oh I agree . I want a discipline head coach . Not a coach that smiles and laughs and jokes around with his players

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I understand your frustration. If you were Art Rooney, after you fire Tomlin who would be your guy that will provide better results?

6. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Todd haley. ..ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This would never happen. But, what if the Steelers hired Cowher on a 3 year deal. Just have Cowher here to finish up Ben's career. He all ready has a relationship with the entire staff. Hes worked with but Butler and Fichter before. He works well with Colbert. He could come in and bring back that we are the underdog attitude, as opposed to the undeserved sense of accomplishment instilled by Tomlin.

Never happen. Tomlins not going anywhere, but I think Cowher could clean this mess up, and he could hit the ground running with very little change to day to day operations. It's a pipe dream, so go ahead and call me an idiot.

• Like Like x 3
  8. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    discipline.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I'd be immediately on board with that scenario.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    Steelers lack discipline image.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Great
    Great idea.....Arnold would whip them into shape....he is the only guy with better one liners than Tomlin and his might actually have some clout.....you act up....Hasta La Vista baby....plus we already have Conner....

12. TOMSTEEL88

Nov 17, 2014
    COACH COWHER would be my choice . My god bring that COWHER power attitude back to Pittsburgh. Could you imagine what he would do with this talent on our team . My god.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. TOMSTEEL88

Nov 17, 2014
    Oh one more thing . Mike Mitchell better be gone . He runs his mouth he wears a du rag over his face and looks like a gangster and on top of that he flat out stinks . He can't cover and he can't tackle . He is not a STEELER type football player . I want FOOTBALL PLAYERS ON MY YEAM

14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You know, I hear this question a lot when somebody brings up the possibility of firing Tomlin. Shoot, I've even asked that question myself. I have been critical of Tomlin but haven't necessarily been on the FMTI bandwagon. But I've got to admit, I'm more upset with Tomlin after this season than I have been in quite some time. This team does need more of a disciplinarian given its current makeup.

I've been asking myself this question lately and I'm not sure I've arrived at a definitive answer but here it is. Is Tomlin simply the product of a GREAT organization with an elite quarterback? To put the question into context, could any decent to average coach have regular season success with the Steelers organization the way it's been built over the years, especially when the team has arguably the greatest quarterback in the franchise's history? Something to ponder? :hmm:

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    There's another excuse I'm sick of. We can't fire Tomlin because who would replace him? Somewhere out there in the coaching ranks is the next great, you just need to find him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’ve asked this question several times on these boards when people want Tomlin fired. I think it comes from the environment where I work which is complaints are great if they come with a solution.

I’m not opposed to the Steelers moving on from Tomlin if they are very comfortable with it being an improvement over what is currently there. I know that there’s no real way to know this, but you better have a real good feeling about the change. We sit back as Steelers fans and watch the coaching carousel every offseason. For the most part, the changes don’t have the desired effect. Truth is the only thing that’s going to make most of us “happy” on a consistent basis is Patriots type of success. We all need to realize that their success is a true oddity in the parity of the current NFL. Heck, even our consistency of winning is an oddity. I feel like there are a small handful of coaches that MAYBE could provide the results we all desire, and that’s probably a stretch.

• Like Like x 2
  17. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, I don't disagree with the premise of what you're saying and that's pretty much been my position. But as each season passes and the window on our elite, franchise quarterback continues to close, I've been asking myself if Tomlin is the coach who has the capacity to get us over the top? He's compiled an excellent record in the regular season, but when it comes time for the team to really focus on the prize he doesn't seem to be able to get it done. He's got, perhaps, the most potent offense in the NFL and has for a few years now. But we're one and done in the postseason. I'm starting to feel that we have a good coach, but not a coach who can get us to the next level.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Exactly! We ain't winning crap with Tomlin now, there is nothing to lose. Who cares if we go 3-13 or 13-3 and be one and done in the playoffs, it's still not a superbowl.

100% guarantee if we had Bellichump as the coach against the Jags we win that game. I'm not a hater, just so sick of all these basic bad in game and during week coaching decisions.

Now 2 weeks of hearing how great brady is.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I dunno. I get the criticism of Tonlim and accept to some degree the premise that Tomlin underachieved this year with his talent. But, you need to consider the some of the guys that coach in this league. Rex Ryan took 2 Mark Sanchez teams to AFCCGs. Marvin Lewis had Cincy in the playoffs for 5 straight years or something. So I'd argue they meet your standard of 'decent to average'. Would they have been as successful as Tomlin here? Maybe for a year or two, but not for a decade, and they'd leave lasting damage.

Payton and McCarthy have won a SB, with elite QBs, just like Tomlin. I'm not sure why they'd be. More successful here, and I'd argue both are better than 'decent to average'. Would ANdy Reid be more successful here than Tomlin? I don't know why he would.

Mike Mularkey, Doug Marrone, Jack Del Rio... Do those guys look like improvements?

There are a lot a lousy coaches out there. and the Steelers don't have one.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    You make some good points. I guess the reason I've soured a little more on Tomlin after this season is the revelation of all of the disciplinary issues on this team and that is plainly and simply a poor reflection on the head coach. When asked about Mitchell running his mouth outside the Jags locker room Tomlin shrugged it off, as he seems to do far too often. We've got to ask the question, why does a player like Lagarret Blount act out with the Steelers but is a perfect soldier with the Patriots? Same for James Harrison. The Steelers currently have a group of undisciplined nitwits (not all of them but enough to create issues) and we need a coach that can get that under control. Tomlin's player's coach, chest thumping and fist bumping mentality may work okay with some units, but I think he's lost some control over this particular unit. When I hear of players blowing off meetings, showing up late or skipping walk-thrus and coaches doing the same things, it makes me wonder about Tomlin's fitness to run this team. As someone who's made a career of managing and leading people, I can attest that that kind of stuff cannot be tolerated and is malignant to the body as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers were a disciplined enough team to win 13 games. Discipline wasn't the reason this team loss vs the Jags. This may hurt for some of you to read this but the Jags were just a better head to head team vs the Steelers. The Jags were just a bad match up for the Steelers. The Jags proved that by defeating the Steelers twice.

Some coaches are more disciplined than others. Some players get more leeway than other players. No big deal. That's life. Stop looking for every little reason why the team loss.

One key going forward is to make improvements on the defensive side of the ball. They need to either draft play makers on defense or hope the guys they drafted can develop into more consistent play makers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They're not going to win until the character improves on this team. Former NFL coaches and players have spoken out about our immaturity,arrogance and focus. Even players currently on the team have spoken out about some of the cast of characters pretending to care about winning more than actually doing something about it....like the right thing. Sounds to me like some of the veterans and very recent departures have been fed up with the lack of accountability that should be coming from the HC and isn't. Players and coaches are running amok. Tomlins clear strength is supposed to be motivator and a authority figure....he is clearly failing at both.

• Winner Winner x 2
  23. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Allowing players to do that stupid crap in the end zone tells me what I need to know about a coach.

24. TOMSTEEL88

Nov 17, 2014
    Yea they won 13 games . That doesn't mean anything to me . I want a championship. We the Steelers have better talent than New England . The only difference is COACHING . Belichick is so far ahead of Tomlin in everything . You ever see him fist pumping laughing shrugging off stupidity... NO ...Did you ever see Chuck Noll do that kind of stuff ... NO... . COWHER did some laughing on sideline but he also ripped a player a new bunghole if he played stupid . That's what you call DISCIPLINE FUNDAMENTAL FOOTBALL . Not this circus we have right now in Pittsburgh. My god it makes me puke cause of all the talent on this team. Guarantee if COWHER was still our coach we would proberly be going for our 8 th 9 th Lombardi trophy

• Like Like x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I get sick of hearing how the Steelers won 13 games. Several of those games were barely won against rookie and backup QBs. The Steelers were pretenders all along and the Jags game proved it. Nothing is going to change unless there are drastic improvements on defense. The defense is going to take more than one year to fix.

• Like Like x 1